Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Leafs in T.O., Saturday night 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
This will be a pretty good test for our d.

Why couldn’t boro and ceci get injured instead of tkachuk pageau and duchene!?????

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Had the opportunity to go to this one but passed - will tune in tonight though. I have Marner and Stone on my fantasy team so I'm good with a 7-6 final, multi-point game for both :)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Can’t help but laugh that the very first opportunity Boucher got he was like “vet please”. Like, did the Chicago game scare him?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So which paring draws the short straw and gets to play against Tavares/Marner?

And then who loses the next draw and gets to play against Matthews?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Can’t help but laugh that the very first opportunity Boucher got he was like “vet please”. Like, did the Chicago game scare him?

Carey will replace McCormick on the 4th line. IMO its important for Chlapik to have some stability to start off with. No big deal for now. When Tkachuk comes back in Carey will be 13th forward .. I don't think its a big deal for now.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So which paring draws the short straw and gets to play against Tavares/Marner?

And then who loses the next draw and gets to play against Matthews?
We don't have one pairing to stand up to any of their top 3 lines at this point but they have to play through it. Our forwards are really going to have to go balls out in all 3 zones to put pressure and support the puck and help the D be able to make a short quick outlet to start a breakout.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I cringe seeing Boro in that lineup. Not sure if Garrioch got he order right.

I also would have preferred to keep Boedker and Formenton together , along with Stone and White... but Boucher as we know over thinks things.

Reactions: derriko and gab6511

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

I also would have preferred to keep Boedker and Formenton together , along with Stone and White... but Boucher as we know over thinks things.

I like the D pairings like this. At least it's something worth trying. Boro and Wideman can play well together as a 3rd pairing.

I agree I would've kept White and Stone together with Smith they were our best line the other night. Same for Formenton and Boedker.

Let the blender begin because ... Because we wouldn't want our guys to find chemistry right?

I'm happy to see White promoted though.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I like the D pairings like this. At least it's something worth trying. Boro and Wideman can play well together as a 3rd pairing.

I agree I would've kept White and Stone together with Smith they were our best line the other night. Same for Formenton and Boedker.

Let the blender begin because ... Because we wouldn't want our guys to find chemistry right?

I'm happy to see White promoted though.

Nice to see but I also think White would develop more with Stone and Smith. He would have the puck some, and those guys are more pass first.. We will have to wait and see but , imo with Duchene he will drive lanes try to create space, create loose pucks, defer to Duchene as much as possible, and try to guess/read what Duchene is going to do with it, which imo is tough to predict. I personally don't like him there as much.

Reactions: derriko

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

It’s a good attempt at balance throughout.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This one'll be ugly

I'm certainly not excited about this game but Montreal is worse than we are and they gave the Leafs plenty of trouble.

As long we can keep pressuring their mediocre D (which is better than ours yes) we have a fighti.ng chance.

I'll certainly tune in but haven't committed to watching the full game hehe. Price also made a few unreal saves in that game...

Reactions: derriko

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Worked for the Collin White 2pt prediction, so here goes another....

....Chabot multi-point night. Gonna need Andy to make 40+ saves tonight to hang around I think.

Mathieu

Aug 28, 2010
Already shuffling all the lines after one game lol. I know Boucher likes to change his line midway through the game but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad