Pre-Game Talk: Sens vs Kings Wed Oct. 9th 10:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
And I wouldn't mind seeing SDC center that top line. I feel like he would do better than spezza has of late but that's obviously because Spezza has this groin issue. But maybe he wouldn't. I would like to find out. Anyone else rooting that Spezza doesn't play?

What's wrong with me?

SDC will never replace Spezza. El Capitano leads our team in shots, has a 62% at the face-off dot, and has been carrying his line offensively. He's created a lot of chances and the only reason he doesn't have more points is because Michalek and Ryan have been pretty horrible...and that's with Spezza playing injured.

SDC can have a positive impact on the game, but you're kidding yourself if you think that Spezza has been bad or that SDC could have a bigger impact on the game than him.

The only way that line starts being better is if Michalek and Ryan pick up their play or Spezza becomes fully healthy and puts them on his back.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Late games suck. I say that as someone living in western canada. 5:00 or 5:30 games are the perfect time. Game is over 7:30 or 8, lots of time to vent afterwards. ****ing 8:30 start. Won't be over until after 11, sucks so much.

And I wouldn't mind seeing SDC center that top line. I feel like he would do better than spezza has of late but that's obviously because Spezza has this groin issue. But maybe he wouldn't. I would like to find out. Anyone else rooting that Spezza doesn't play?

What's wrong with me?

The game will be over at 1:30am for us in the Eastern time zone...

Western Canada is the ideal place to live for watching NHL hockey. You have the Eastern games start up after you get home from work (5-6), and the Pacific games are all over by a reasonable hour (11 or 12).

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm rooting that Spezza doesn't play because he doesn't play well injured.

At the same time, he never seems to get back to 100% anyway so does it really matter if he sits out? ;)

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
So excited!!! Feels like ages ago since our last game and this will be a nice break from studying for mid terms (last one tomorrow :D)

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Things I'm hoping for :

-Karlsson giving a ****
-Ryan being dangerous offensively
-Continued production from Cmac, Turris, and Cony
-Spezza (if he plays) not skating like a 64 year old man
-A win

In no particular order.

Go SNES!

Milan the God*

Anyone remember the last time we played in LA?

It was right in the middle of the Western road trip, better known as the "Dan O'Rourke and Tim Peel Show". The Kings got awarded a penalty shot because of a reffing error and scored. We lost 4-1.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
If the kings played like they did last game and the sens tighten up a bit on defense, i think the sens have a chance this win this game.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I dislike playing teams with something to prove. LA coming off a loss like the one they just had, especially with an embarrassing event, means they are likely to play harder tonight.

Hopefully the Sens are well rested and ready to weather that kind of play.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I dislike teams, what with all their "we're better than the individual" crap.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I just hope our players realize some sort of personal growth or sense of achievement from the game.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Keys to beating the kings:
1. Tighten up defensively
2. Beat quick
3. Beat quick
4. Beat quick.
5. Beat quick

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
The game will be over at 1:30am for us in the Eastern time zone...

Western Canada is the ideal place to live for watching NHL hockey. You have the Eastern games start up after you get home from work (5-6), and the Pacific games are all over by a reasonable hour (11 or 12).

Unless you are a sens fan. Very few games are televised and they often finish by the time you get home, deal with dinner, put the kids to bed... Etc. But yes...., when I do get a Saturday off, I can sometimes get three games in starting with an east coast matinee.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Don't think they win this one, especially if they continue to be sloppy with the puck.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Trade Spezza he is made of glass.
Silfverberg is amazing, and Ryan Sucks.
Karlsson will never be the same, he needs to play sheltered minutes on the 5-6 pairing.
Murray missed the boat.
Some guys on this team get no rispeck.

That about sums it up?

I don't get it?

Really looking forward to see how this team responds to L.A after they had a bad loss to the Rangers. They are a top 3/4 team in the league, will be the first real measuring stick for the sens to start the season.

Cant wait for this one!

Do we know who is starting in goal?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Offensively I actually don't think we've been too bad.

Miller stood on his head, we chased Reimer, and then Bernier finished strong.

I agree with this, defensive side of things have been the real issue. If Spezza/Ryan had been able to finish more both games the sens would have atleast 2 more. Which would mean 7 goals in 2 games.

The 3rd and 4th lines need to contribute some offense.... Just one goal out of either of them a game would be a huge lift to this team.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Condra and Pageau have both missed numerous glorious opportunities. They are creating chances at least.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I think Anderson is going to have a whale of a game tonight. He wants to be on that Olympic team, no better time to show it then when staring down the odds on favorite to be the starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->