Pre-Game Talk: Sens vs Kings Wed Oct. 9th 10:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Not sure when the official GDT will be put up so I figured since we haven't had a game in 4 days it wouldn't be a bad thing to have a thread up earlier.

Topics du jour: Spezza questionable for tonight's game since his groin is obviously still bothering him. Hopefully Da Costa gets to play on the 1st line if Jason and the staff decide to play it safe. Kassian likely to play again, because LA is scary.

Discuss.

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
Trade Spezza he is made of glass.
Silfverberg is amazing, and Ryan Sucks.
Karlsson will never be the same, he needs to play sheltered minutes on the 5-6 pairing.
Murray missed the boat.
Some guys on this team get no rispeck.

That about sums it up?

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Not sure when the official GDT will be put up so I figured since we haven't had a game in 4 days it wouldn't be a bad thing to have a thread up earlier.

Topics du jour: Spezza questionable for tonight's game since his groin is obviously still bothering him. Hopefully Da Costa gets to play on the 1st line if Jason and the staff decide to play it safe. Kassian likely to play again, because LA is scary.

Discuss.

LA isnt that scary and i doubt there will be lots of fights.It's not like we have any history. I'd like to use Gryba this game over Corvo and see if he has improved. I believe he missed most of the preseason with an injury so maybe he just looked bad in buffalo cause his lack of preparation. If spezza's groin isnt 100 percent i'd rather have him just rest. No reason to have his be a defensive liability due to lack of speed and risk making the injury worse.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Annoyed that Kassian might be in over Da Costa. I like PMac, but this is just getting ridiculous how some players just seem to be in his doghouse and get no chance for seemingly no reason.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Annoyed that Kassian might be in over Da Costa. I like PMac, but this is just getting ridiculous how some players just seem to be in his doghouse and get no chance for seemingly no reason.

I have no problem with it, he knows more than you or I so I trust the reigning jack adams winner.

TheOriginalSilf*

It's nice having a #1 C in this league, it really is. But dear Lord is it aggravating when he's always nursing an injury.

Hopefully Da Costa can show off something in his place if it comes to that.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Turris will never get to eat up defence pairings if he is constantly facing the toughest competition. Last year the guy was scorching until Spezz got hurt and then slowed down to almost a complete stop. This year the guy is playing well again and ... again Spezz is hurt.

I love Spezz I really do but what exactly does he do in the summers to be so injury prone? He's gotta be better conditioned and not be injured 2-5 games into the season (this year and last year)

HATE to do this but Alfie was like iron man when he played here. Dude was always in the lineup.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
HATE to do this but Alfie was like iron man when he played here. Dude was always in the lineup.

Alfredsson missed far more games than Spezza has. In fact, outside of his rookie season he never played a full 82 game (or even 80 game) season.

People just love to use Spezza as a whipping boy and put Alfie up on some pedestal.

I think they should rest Spezza and let him heal up fully. Give Da Costa a chance instead of having him ride the pine all the time especially since he looked way better than that plug Kassian.

KAPOW

has no rispeck
Nov 12, 2008
at home
Alfredsson missed far more games than Spezza has. In fact, outside of his rookie season he never played a full 82 game (or even 80 game) season.

People just love to use Spezza as a whipping boy and put Alfie up on some pedestal.

I think they should rest Spezza and let him heal up fully. Give Da Costa a chance instead of having him ride the pine all the time especially since he looked way better than that plug Kassian.

you really think that'll do it? he rested the whole lockout and got injured after a couple of games...

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Late games suck. I say that as someone living in western canada. 5:00 or 5:30 games are the perfect time. Game is over 7:30 or 8, lots of time to vent afterwards. ****ing 8:30 start. Won't be over until after 11, sucks so much.

And I wouldn't mind seeing SDC center that top line. I feel like he would do better than spezza has of late but that's obviously because Spezza has this groin issue. But maybe he wouldn't. I would like to find out. Anyone else rooting that Spezza doesn't play?

What's wrong with me?

sensR4real

Apr 19, 2006
Ottawa
Late games suck. I say that as someone living in western canada. 5:00 or 5:30 games are the perfect time. Game is over 7:30 or 8, lots of time to vent afterwards. ****ing 8:30 start. Won't be over until after 11, sucks so much.

And I wouldn't mind seeing SDC center that top line. I feel like he would do better than spezza has of late but that's obviously because Spezza has this groin issue. But maybe he wouldn't. I would like to find out. Anyone else rooting that Spezza doesn't play?

What's wrong with me?

Spezz did score last game, what more do you need? He is producing...

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

5:00 or 5:30 games aren't exactly perfect for people living in LA?

Ottawa is apparently is 1-11-1 in organizational history playing in Los Angeles. (heard on the radio this morning)

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

What's wrong with me?

I agree, give SDC the game, I think he has a huge game tonight with those two on hsi wings. Let Spezza rest up so he can at least practice with the team - Spezza not being able to play 20+ minutes a night means Ryan is only getting the same amount of ice, these guys should be at least 20+ minutes, they are playing less then the Turris line.

Get healthy and then come back and be at full speed.

BigZKingK

Mar 4, 2012

What's wrong with me?

Spezza has been the best player on that line :dunno:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Spezz did score last game, what more do you need? He is producing...

Yeah he scored and that line now has 1 goal. Doesn't mean they have been effective. I wanna see scoring chances, hasn't been a lot of that and I think its this groin issue he is dealing with. Maybe I'm being too harsh.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah he scored and that line now has 1 goal. Doesn't mean they have been effective. I wanna see scoring chances, hasn't been a lot of that and I think its this groin issue he is dealing with. Maybe I'm being too harsh.

Offensively I actually don't think we've been too bad.

Miller stood on his head, we chased Reimer, and then Bernier finished strong.

Milan the God*

Everyone needs to stop worrying. Karlsson is winning the Norris still, and Ottawa is winning the cup.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Damn, if history serves correct we are in for a tough match against Quick after his gaffe goal from the other night.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Big game tonight. LA's a struggling team and I expect them to play a good game. Should be a good game from both teams IMO. Oh and Spezza is injured again. Hopefully this is just short term and he will be back soon.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Big game tonight. LA's a struggling team and I expect them to play a good game. Should be a good game from both teams IMO. Oh and Spezza is injured again. Hopefully this is just short term and he will be back soon.

History is not on our side. ;)

The Quick thing won't help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->