GDT: Sens vs Habs - Chuck Norris edition - 22 Feb 2020 7:00 - SN1, SN east, City tv

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Domi really enjoyed that clown show lol

The only clown in the game was Domi himself.

ZRvLXKa.gif

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Step forward coming from where

Coming from whatever we end up with points wise. 60 or whatever.

Batherson with another off season of training, start to fill out.

Big draft pick likely playing.

Another big draft pick possibly playing.

Brannstrom coming in knowing what it will take to stay in the league.

Norris probably making the team.

Formenton will get a long look.

I dont see how we're not better, but, as always, we'll see

Edit: forgot about tkachuk too, who will get better and better and bigger and nastier

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
Why? I hope there's a huge step forward.

If they don't use the money freed up for some quality NHL players, there's no reason to think there's going to be an improvement in the standings. I don't know about historically bad (that's extreme) but bottom 2 looks like a lock.

We have two defencemen who belong in the top 5 of an NHL team. We have 3-4 quality middle six forwards to got with a collection of kids and spare parts.

It's a really, really bad roster.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Why wouldn’t we be? Namestnikov duclair and and ennis gave us dream seasons. And we just traded our second best d man
This second best dman stuff needs to die. DeMelo can easily be replaced in the summer (maybe even by DeMelo)

Ennis could also easily re sign lol

don’t see any way we’re worse than this year

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
If they don't use the money freed up for some quality NHL players, there's no reason to think there's going to be an improvement in the standings. I don't know about historically bad (that's extreme) but bottom 2 looks like a lock.

We have two defencemen who belong in the top 5 of an NHL team. We have 3-4 quality middle six forwards to got with a collection of kids and spare parts.

The roster will be completely different though. And if they luck out on Lafreniere that’s a free first line elite winger for next year

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Coming from whatever we end up with points wise. 60 or whatever.

Batherson with another off season of training, start to fill out.

Big draft pick likely playing.

Another big draft pick possibly playing.

Brannstrom coming in knowing what it will take to stay in the league.

Norris probably making the team.

Formenton will get a long look.

I dont see how we're not better, but, as always, we'll see

Edit: forgot about tkachuk too, who will get better and better and bigger and nastier
Unless we pick top 2 i don't think anyone else in the draft is really NHL ready atleast ready enough to make an impact to change our team significantly

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Wont be any worse than this year. People talk about Ennis and namestikov having good seasons, but the history is there and they were given prime minutes.

We need to fill some spots with free agents, but again, Batherson having another off season to bulk up and knowing what it takes is huge. Tkachuk being a year older will be massive. Duclair will know and work on consistency. Norris and formenton will be knocking on the door.

A lot will depend on wolanin and Brannstrom and the steps they take forward and who we we can bring in to solidify the defence a bit.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Unless we pick top 2 i don't think anyone else in the draft is really NHL ready atleast ready enough to make an impact to change our team significantly
Maybe not. Hard to say though. I was thinking as I typed that Byfield is too young imo.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
ya probably only laf will come in make a difference for a team but the sens got a long way to go
Long way to go and historically bad are two different things completely though. I expect a really competitive team night in and out. More so than this year anyway. And I dont think I'm dreaming in technicolor personally, although some of it is blind hope in the youth for sure.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Why wouldn’t we be? Namestnikov duclair and and ennis gave us dream seasons. And we just traded our second best d man
You make it sound like those guys are top players. Guess what. They aren't. And the "second best" Dman is a third pairing guy on any playoff team. All are very replaceable.
If the Sens have 2 picks in the top 6 of the draft right away they will be better than this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad