Proposal: SENS/VGK Trade

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I wouldnt do it if i was Vegas and i think Stone is a fantastic player.

Vegas cant give out big contracts to everyone before the cap becomes a problem for them like everyone else. They should keep Hague, Brannstrom, Glass etc and they will have a big chance to be competetive for a long time.

Vegas has given up a good amount of picks and Suzuki the last 8 months. Cant keep on doing that. Its not sustainable long term. I really hope Vegas slow down a little with the win now attitude and let some of their young guys develop and they will have a great team the next 10 years! They already have a solid roster.

Tuch is a very good player btw, great combination of size, speed and skill. He really impressed me last season.

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
If they wouldn't give those guys up for Karlsson...

Ya honestly the Karlsson trade has ruined these boards for me. Even though I knew we’d get absolutely run over in the trade, now that it’s actually happpened and Dorion has shown he is willing to give up our best assets for nothing, I just find that no offer is unrealisticly bad at this point for Stone or Duchene.

Like if the OP offer was a 2nd and prospects I’ve never heard of, who am I to say that that’s a non-starter? Compared to what Karlsson got that’s a fair offer.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Ya honestly the Karlsson trade has ruined these boards for me. Even though I knew we’d get absolutely run over in the trade, now that it’s actually happpened and Dorion has shown he is willing to give up our best assets for nothing, I just find that no offer is unrealisticly bad at this point for Stone or Duchene.

Like if the OP offer was a 2nd and prospects I’ve never heard of, who am I to say that that’s a non-starter? Compared to what Karlsson got that’s a fair offer.
Sad but oh so true

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
TO SENS
Tuch
Hague

TO VGK
M. Stone

While stones value is probably worth that in a vacuum everyone knows Dorian is running a shit show in Ottawa. If he is traded it will be another underwhelming haul.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think the Jackets would outbid that for Stone.

I'm also wondering if Vegas is comfortable taking on that much salary next year. Clarkson is still on the books for another season and Karlsson and Schmidt need raises. I think they could do it but it would require moving out some salary like Eakin or someone like that.

Would they have taken Clarkson on if they knew they'd be this competitive this quickly?

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
While stones value is probably worth that in a vacuum everyone knows Dorian is running a **** show in Ottawa. If he is traded it will be another underwhelming haul.

Where is this vacuum you speak of...bizarro world.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Stone will resign with Ottawa. He will get the C and hopefully convince Duchene stay as well. The Sens collectively have to play well and show the Duchene they have young pieces coming through the team that will get them back into the playoffs and contention sooner than later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->