Confirmed with Link: Sens to sign G Andrew Hammond

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Could of drafted a goalie with that 6th round pick :shakehead

That's it, I had enough with Murray. I'm starting a petition to get this punk out of town. He keep signing unknown scrubs because he has been trading away valuable draft picks like candy :shakehead

I hope this kid is better than the numbers show...

I admit his numbers when he was 12 y/o sucked.

However, his last 3 years aren't that bad :

2010-11 Bowling Green State Univ. NCAA 27 2.67 .915
2011-12 Bowling Green State Univ. NCAA 44 2.73 .903
2012-13 Bowling Green State Univ. NCAA 29 2.47 .917

Or was it because of the win column? As a goalie myself, I can tell you that hockey is a team thing. I already had seasons where I went 21-1-3 or 4-16-2. Same goalie, different teams.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
The Sens now if this is official have so much depth in Goal, we have this kid, Lehner for the Long Term and we still have francois brassard and chris driedger both in junior and both are still 18! But hey you can never have enough depth

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I know next to nothing about Hammond, but based on the fact that there aren't enough players with Top Gun nicknames in our organization, I'm going to call him "Maverick" from now on.

639138-top-gun-goose-sacked.jpg

Give 'em hell, Maverick!

Flawless logic :nod:

Until any deeper talent analysis surfaces, my only concern about Hammond shall be the status of his nickname.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

I was going by this...
In answer to your questions....

Hammond's glove hand is good. Although he has made some spectacular glove saves in his collegiate career, I wouldn't say that it's great. He is excellent at tracking pucks and staying with plays/puck carriers. Earlier in his career, Hammond did give up a lot of rebounds, but he has improved in that area, especially in the last two seasons. He also does a very good job of steering pucks away from the net. Where he has really made great improvements IMO is in his ability to stop and limit 2nd and 3rd chances. Hammond has really sound fundamentals and is very composed in net, even with traffic around him. He doesn't seem to get rattled easily and he's not one to get too high or too low. Bowling Green has also been known (at least since Hammond has been there) to give up a lot of shots too, so it's not unusual to see him facing upwards of 35-40 shots per game. Hammond IMO actually plays better when he's facing a lot of rubber. He doesn't fare quite as well when he's seeing a limited number of shots.

IMO, Hammond could become an excellent goalie at the AHL level. I'm not quite sure if he can/will make it to the NHL given the number of top flights goalies that come into the league from the NCAA and elsewhere each season.

Anyway, I hope I've answered your questions and that this all helps.
Someone who has watched him.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Someone in the NHL with my last name would be nice! I'd almost HAVE to buy a jersey if he became a regular, even if he's not on my team.

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
I know next to nothing about Hammond, but based on the fact that there aren't enough players with Top Gun nicknames in our organization, I'm going to call him "Maverick" from now on.

Give 'em hell, Maverick!

I think he needs a Top Gear nickname, not a Top Gun nickname. I wonder if Hammond is available?

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site

Give 'em hell, Maverick!

FYI his nickname is Hamburglar. If I recall correctly he has the Hamburglar painted somewhere on his mask.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad