Confirmed with Link: Sens to sign G Andrew Hammond

German Senator

Feb 8, 2011
Germany

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I know next to nothing about Hammond, but based on the fact that there aren't enough players with Top Gun nicknames in our organization, I'm going to call him "Maverick" from now on.

639138-top-gun-goose-sacked.jpg

Give 'em hell, Maverick!

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
hey, anyone know who our western amateur scout is? Seems like we've been hitting up the region a lot recently (Hammond played in the BCHL for a couple of years before college).

Gryba - sask junior before college
Wiercioch - BCHL
Dziurzinski - AJHL/BCHL
Zack Smith - WHL
Turris - BCHL

all around 88-90 birthdays.

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
I remember it was George Fargher who was talking about another western pick (Driedger) this past summer at the draft, him maybe? Not sure how long he has been with this staff

EastCoastSensFan

Mar 7, 2011
Pictou N.S.
He is a guy that can play as one of the goalies for Bingo next year because it is likely that robin will be our backup and bish will be moved at the draft i would guess.

This allows our CHL goalies to continue to develop in major junior.

besides can never have too many goalies.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
IIRC, NHL teams are allowed a maximum of 50 pro contracts at any one time, and I believe the Senators were pushing up against that number. Now that we have signed a few college free agents, I gather that there will have to be a bit of a cull, with a few guys in Bingo not getting their contracts renewed. This organization's depth is now such that if you are a marginal player in Bingo, and the organization has decided you don't have an NHL future, your release will be coming. It's the cruel circle of life in pro sports...

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
hey, anyone know who our western amateur scout is? Seems like we've been hitting up the region a lot recently (Hammond played in the BCHL for a couple of years before college).

Wiercioch - BCHL
Dziurzinski - AJHL/BCHL
Zack Smith - WHL
Turris - BCHL

I think Bob Lowe may be one of the big western guys

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
IIRC, NHL teams are allowed a maximum of 50 pro contracts at any one time, and I believe the Senators were pushing up against that number. Now that we have signed a few college free agents, I gather that there will have to be a bit of a cull, with a few guys in Bingo not getting their contracts renewed. This organization's depth is now such that if you are a marginal player in Bingo, and the organization has decided you don't have an NHL future, your release will be coming. It's the cruel circle of life in pro sports...

Maybe he actually signed with Bingo. I don't see why would Murray sign him to NHL contract right now.

gmyx

Aug 14, 2008
Sensville

Yes, but they can sign players to 2013-1014 contracts. Those only count next year. On top of that, there are currently 2 UFAs and 5 RFAs in Bingo. I think we're safe.

R2010

May 23, 2011

Wiercioch - BCHL
Dziurzinski - AJHL/BCHL
Zack Smith - WHL
Turris - BCHL

Fantastic league the BCHL is

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

None of the latest signing count against the current 50, contracts are deferred until next year.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
On Contracts

There are a few UFAs that they might not re-sign in Jessiman, Lawson, Lundin & Regin. Then there is the possibility that Gonchar, Benoit & Latendresse are not re-signed & whether Alfredsson decides to return. There could also be a few RFAs that they could release like Caporusso, Cowick or Daugavins & there is always the possibility of trading some guys like Bishop, Hoffman or Condra. I believe they have until the start of next season or shortly afterwards to get to 50 contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad