Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Tampa Sat 11/10/2018 7pm

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
got a link?

It was in their sports centre hour this morning. And sure, our d is a bit scrambly. But Chabot just had a bit of separation from the shooter, and it was near the top of the circle, so no big deal. But they circled Chabot and tsk-tsked him. It sorta seems like they want to take him down a peg because of his offensive output this season. I mean, there’s so much more fodder for defensive lapses. And they didn’t give Reiley the same treatment when he was standing idly in the slot as the Bruins passed the puck around him.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
It was in their sports centre hour this morning. And sure, our d is a bit scrambly. But Chabot just had a bit of separation from the shooter, and it was near the top of the circle, so no big deal. But they circled Chabot and tsk-tsked him. It sorta seems like they want to take him down a peg because of his offensive output this season. I mean, there’s so much more fodder for defensive lapses. And they didn’t give Reiley the same treatment when he was standing idly in the slot as the Bruins passed the puck around him.

or when he was absolutely stripped of the puck by krejci for Boston's 5 goal. Brutal, brutal turnover.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Its almost to be expected from the Toronto media.. They don't want Reilly to be overshadowed by anyone. I am surprised they wouldn't say how much better Dermott is

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

So basically the Karlsson treatment over the last 5 seasons.

We should take it as a compliment the Toronto media sees the kid as a legit threat this early in his career.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That looks like a playoff team to me. And we have so many call ups available, Balcers, Chlapik and Brown obv when he comes back. Deep, so deep.

Edit: Personally I like 17, Mccormick, he seems to bring something and I like it, I always see him around the net.

Only one of Paajarvi, Pyatt and McCormick should play at all times. When healthy, this forward group is definitely playoff caliber

Dzingel-Duchene-Ryan
Tkachuk-White-Stone
Pageau-Tierney-Boedker
Smith-Paul-Paajarvi
McCormick

As soon as Smith or Pageau is healthy, Pyatt should be let go

I was thinking this exact thing last night. We need a top 4 guy on the back end who is tough, physical, punishes guys around the net and can skate. Essentially a much better Boro. That would do wonders.

The D group simply needs a prime Methot but a RD version, that would allow to deploy in a more reasonable way

Chabot-MethotRD
Lajoie-Ceci/Jaros
Wolanin-Ceci/Jaros
DeMelo

Can probably afford to trade Ceci if we were to get that guy. Dzingel + Ceci could net a good D-man, no?

So who fits that bill and who could be available?

we needed several things to go our way in order for us to have a decent season

white is still technically a rookie and it certainly looks like we hit on him

Chabot is going all world

goaltending is better

Duchene is playing like a 1C

Dzingel is building off last year

keep her going boys. ... it's been pretty exciting so far

There's still a lot of work to do for a "decent season"

At least scoring and PP do not seem to be a problem but a strength. 2nd in GF/GP right now and 5th on PP%

Goaltending... I know many will not like that but while Andy has been doing better than expected, he really really needs a good goalie to help him out. Right now, the Sens are :

- 24th in SV%
- 29th in SCSV% at ES
- 22nd in HDSV% at ES
- 29th in SCSV% on PK
- 23rd in SCSV% on PK

Of course, they'll have to improve those categories to reduce the goaltending workload.

31st in CA/60 at ES
31st IN SA/60 at ES
28th IN SCA/60 at ES
24th IN HDCA/60 at ES
31st in CA/60 on PK
31st IN SA/60 on PK
19th IN SCA/60 on PK
25th IN HDCA/60 on PK

Reactions: Hands of Stone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad