Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Tampa Sat 11/10/2018 7pm

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly but I thought you weren't super excited about him at first.

Wasn't intended as a chirp at all.... just nice to see everyone excited around here.

Ah. Well, I'll admit I wanted Zadina at the draft, but I've quickly grown to love the kid watching him play.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
That was the best game Ryan has played since the playoffs 2 years ago. He looked excellent.

Tkachuk-White-Stone line was amazing. Just amazing. Man, I am ecstatic that White is actually turning into a top 6 player for us. Fingers crossed it continues until end of the season I won't count my chickens just yet.

Ceci too played his best game in a couple of years.

Can someone teach me how to .gif? that play Ceci made diving to get puck to Chabot who went absolute EK mode and Tierney almost scored on a 2on1 created entirely by Chabot's blazing skating. Someone teach me how to do it, or someone post it if they can. Unbelievable. I swear I yelled "Karlsson???"

Btw, we don't win if Tkachuk isn't in the lineup. He is everything. A difference maker and someone who wills you victories, even in the face of very skilled players. Man, I love this kid.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
How did chabot not get an assist on the tkatchuk/white goal?he slapped it on net they got the rebound

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Just finished watching! What a game! Just a couple of things I saw:

- Keep Tkachuk and White glued together. They're great together near the net.

- I've defended Wideman a lot in the past, but this year's Wideman is pretty much useless, no doubt due to his injury. Agreed with Micklebot: scratch him next game and play Paul, please.

- Wideman (see above) and Ryan are prime examples of what injuries can do to you, and so now we see again how much better Ryan can be when he's healthy.

- What's going on with Boedker? He started the season well, but he's invisible now and just a perimeter player.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Great win. Great response to the video. And last but not least, I wasn't all that sure Brady will be a difference maker offensively, but he is an impact player even there as a rookie. All in all, kudos to your team.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
we needed several things to go our way in order for us to have a decent season

white is still technically a rookie and it certainly looks like we hit on him

Chabot is going all world

goaltending is better

Duchene is playing like a 1C

Dzingel is building off last year

keep her going boys. ... it's been pretty exciting so far

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Take a Bath Son

Jan 15, 2018
What kind of fan would bet money against their favorite team?
To be honest I sometimes do.

Not because I want them to lose though. It’s sort of a hedge. In big games, I want them to win so bad, I’ll bet against them just to temper the anger if they do lose.

Anyways, this “team” is winning me over. Great game.

Reactions: West Coast Eagles

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I find betting real money on (or against) your favorite team is a great way to kill your fandom. Too easy to get emotional against the guys for costing ya real dollars. Always best to stick with fake moola to keep the fun factor. :DD

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I find betting real money on (or against) your favorite team is a great way to kill your fandom. Too easy to get emotional against the guys for costing ya real dollars. Always best to stick with fake moola to keep the fun factor. :DD

I always bet on the sens. They're always the heavy underdog (2.7-3.5x). If you're consistent with your bets and the sens win 28-30 games this season, you'll at least break even. Makes the individual losses seem worth it.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
What kind of fan would bet money against their favorite team?

I do this all the time. You never bet for your favourite team, because when they lose its a double whammy. This especially applies in the playoffs. I think to myself "would I pay 50 bucks to see Ottawa win tonight?" If the answer is yes, I bet it on the opponent. That way if they lose I get free dinner as a consolation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad