Post-Game Talk: SENS take a bite outta the Big Apple, Tonight 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
colorado fans have been pretty ****ty, ie cheering for chabot injury. hope the worst for them in regards to the pick tbh.
Have Avs fans actually said this? Or are you taking it out of context. Srs question? Never seen any Avs fan say that but you can miss things obviously.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
How was Englund tonight??? Any notes??? I see he had 10 pims and played over 15 mins

I had an emergency and missed the game, usually I make an effort to watch players who are making their season debut

Seemed ok, not the best passer but otherwise didn't seem out of place in his limited mins. Very unspectacular game from him.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Seemed ok, not the best passer but otherwise didn't seem out of place in his limited mins. Very unspectacular game from him.
Less mistakes than a typical game from Boro or Harpur. But thats not really saying anything.

I was thinking about how good Jaros has been with such horrible partners all year and it made me appreciate how good he could end up being. Great tool box. With his size strength and skating I think he could be a great partner for Brannstrom one day.

Reactions: Slack

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Less mistakes than a typical game from Boro or Harpur. But thats not really saying anything.

I was thinking about how good Jaros has been with such horrible partners all year and it made me appreciate how good he could end up being. Great tool box. With his size strength and skating I think he could be a great partner for Brannstrom one day.

I've been a big fan of Jaros since we drafted him, so you're preaching to the choir here.

Wrt Englund, I was always hopeful that he'd be a slightly better Boro; his skating is a touch better, and his puck skills seemed a touch better. I don't know if he's there yet, but I hope he gets there. Tbf though, I have a higher opinion of Boro than most, I think he's a pretty good 6/7 guy albeit with some clear flaws in his game.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I've been a big fan of Jaros since we drafted him, so you're preaching to the choir here.

Wrt Englund, I was always hopeful that he'd be a slightly better Boro; his skating is a touch better, and his puck skills seemed a touch better. I don't know if he's there yet, but I hope he gets there. Tbf though, I have a higher opinion of Boro than most, I think he's a pretty good 6/7 guy albeit with some clear flaws in his game.
Boro is too wild. Creates unpredictability for the rest of the team. A guy like Englund with his simple strong game can calm things down and simplify rather than complicate things on the ice. Could be somewhat important with so many young players. They need structure.

Hopefully he can improve a bit each day and have a good summer. Would definitely prefer him over wild horse boro.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Boro is too wild. Creates unpredictability for the rest of the team. A guy like Englund with his simple strong game can calm things down and simplify rather than complicate things on the ice. Could be somewhat important with so many young players. They need structure.

Hopefully he can improve a bit each day and have a good summer. Would definitely prefer him over wild horse boro.

On ice there is certainly improvement to be had over Boro, but I think he's likely a very positive influence in the locker room. Many criticize him over his comments because apparently it's inappropriate in their opinion for certain things to be said by a bottom pair dman that makes his share of mistakes, but I don't think that feeling extends to the players, he seems pretty well liked.

Reactions: senators101

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
On ice there is certainly improvement to be had over Boro, but I think he's likely a very positive influence in the locker room. Many criticize him over his comments because apparently it's inappropriate in their opinion for certain things to be said by a bottom pair dman that makes his share of mistakes, but I don't think that feeling extends to the players, he seems pretty well liked.
And a guy like Englund could provide that locker room leadership as well. Boro is replaceable in every way. Sure he seems like a nice fella, but the on ice product needs to be the priority

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
And a guy like Englund could provide that locker room leadership as well. Boro is replaceable in every way. Sure he seems like a nice fella, but the on ice product needs to be the priority
He's not even in a leadership role in Belleville, but sure, he'll step into Ottawa's locker room and fill Boro's role in that regard. Seems like a winning strategy. If he was heads and shoulders better on the ice sure but Englund isn't there yet.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I just feel Boro is miscast. I could see a 11/7 (or even a 12/6) line-up where he'd get 5-7 minutes on the 3rd line and let loose on the hits. A defensive version of Chris Neil.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I just feel Boro is miscast. I could see a 11/7 line-up where he'd get 5-7 minutes on the 3rd line and let loose on the hits. A defensive version of Chris Neil.
He should be a role situation,where he plays against some of the more nastier teams...And sits when we are playing the more skilled fast ones

Reactions: DrEasy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I just feel Boro is miscast. I could see a 11/7 (or even a 12/6) line-up where he'd get 5-7 minutes on the 3rd line and let loose on the hits. A defensive version of Chris Neil.
I said that in the playoffs 2 years ago.

Having him out there as a D is not ideal at all.

He'd be very useful as a 4th line energy guy who just plays forward the way he plays D. Just dump the puck, except now chase at full speed and unload on the D. Over a 7 game series that is very useful.

Reactions: OD99 and bert

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I don't know if Boro would work as a forward. He just doesn't have the speed to make his impact felt on the forecheck. He needs to have the opposition come to him. We were able to play Schubert as a 4th line forward because the guy was wicked fast. I don't think it would work with Boro.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Glen Sather will be retiring from his longtime role as the president of the New York Rangers by season's end, Sportsnet's John Shannon reports.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
He should play 25-40 years ago
This guy would absolutely get his lunch fed to him by the likes of Probert, Brown, Kocur, Nilan, McSorely, Grimson, etc. He doesn't even fight heavyweights and I don't even remember seeing the last time he won one. He'd be in a coma right now if he played in the 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->