B-Sens Sens sign Mike McKenna

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
R0pJH.gif

Reactions: RedWhiteBlackGold

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I'm sure he's a good AHL goalie, but won't this limit Gustavsson's playing time?

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Anderson traded for something

Gustafsson as backup to...... Condon?

I'd like to be wrong. New young euro goalie needs some time.

#theplan
#idunno

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Im confused, dont we already have Gus and Hogberg in Belleville? I dont think either are NHL ready yet.

Reactions: senswon

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Im confused, dont we already have Gus and Hogberg in Belleville? I dont think either are NHL ready yet.

-Organizational depth in the crease
-McKenna can shield the younger netminders if needed
-Experienced pro who can mentor

Danny Taylor didn’t work out, his performance was poor but let’s not pretend that he took starts away from hogberg. He didn’t, Hogberg didn’t show he was ready for a full workload, he really struggled with consistency at the AHL level. With that said, Belleville was a pretty awful team but I think the point stands, you don’t want to feed this kid to the wolves.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out with Gustavsson in the fold, but I have no doubts if the younger netninders price they are ready, they will get the playing time.

Reactions: aragorn

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I think the plan is to start Gustavsson in the ECHL. He’s new to North America, so that might not be a bad place to start his pro career. Hogberg and McKenna can split the duties in Belleville.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, it only works if Gus is in the ECHL. If all three are in Belleville, it's the Hammond situation all over again.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
-Organizational depth in the crease
-McKenna can shield the younger netminders if needed
-Experienced pro who can mentor

Danny Taylor didn’t work out, his performance was poor but let’s not pretend that he took starts away from hogberg. He didn’t, Hogberg didn’t show he was ready for a full workload, he really struggled with consistency at the AHL level. With that said, Belleville was a pretty awful team but I think the point stands, you don’t want to feed this kid to the wolves.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out with Gustavsson in the fold, but I have no doubts if the younger netninders price they are ready, they will get the playing time.

Didn't KK say on the way out the door that he thought Belleville needed a vet AHL goalie & here they got one.

I think the plan is to start Gustavsson in the ECHL. He’s new to North America, so that might not be a bad place to start his pro career. Hogberg and McKenna can split the duties in Belleville.
I got roasted on here when I suggested Gustavsson as the youngest guy would probably see some time in the ECHL when Dreidger was still part of the org. Now that he is gone & they pick up this guy it seems that is still the case. We'll see.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
If you listen to PD’s interview it is about having some mentorship for the two younger guys who will have to compete to stay in Belleville or be down in Brampton

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Yeah, it only works if Gus is in the ECHL. If all three are in Belleville, it's the Hammond situation all over again.

Weren’t there 4 guys last year? Hammond, Taylor, Dreidger and Hogberg? I never understood why they signed Danny Taylor in the first place.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Weren’t there 4 guys last year? Hammond, Taylor, Dreidger and Hogberg? I never understood why they signed Danny Taylor in the first place.

I guess you cannot have too many mentors! :)

How many times do we give Dorion the pass on this goaltender mentoring spin? They had mentors before that he selected and the goaltending mentoring did not work. I prefer to give the two best prospects the game time than hand it to old vets who have no chance of getting to NHL level play. Let the goaltending coach mentor them by training them in practice. Give them ice time to improve their skills playing against AHL level opponents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad