Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Jonathan Gruden to Entry Level Contract

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Probably not enjoying the 'college' part of college hockey if you know what I mean...

Reactions: Samsquanch

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Great news if he's going to London, imo. I've been high on him since before we picked him. Probably nothing more than a 3rd liner at the NHL level, but he should be able to work on his offence more in the OHL than he would in college.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
giphy.gif

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Interesting...

I imagine this means he'll playing in the CHL next season. IIRC the London Knights own his rights.

It's a possibility that he could play in the CHL, but he was not drafted out of Canadian Major Junior, so he is in the clear to join Belleville next season despite not being 20 years old. I would assume that is the first choice.

Given that this is a 19-20 ELC, I wonder if he'll sign an ATO to join Belleville for the remainder of the season and for a potential playoff run.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I don't see any other option. Can't go back to college now, and he is nowhere near AHL level yet imo. Probably couldn't crack a KHL or SHL team either.

He's no worse than a handful of guys who have played for the B-Sens this year. That definitely doesn't mean it's the best place for his development though.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Probably not enjoying the 'college' part of college hockey if you know what I mean...

I'll just say that Im a bit lucky (might be the wrong word) that I never had a backup plan as a pro hockey player while I was in college.. I probably wouldn't have lasted more than 2 weeks...

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
It's a possibility that he could play in the CHL, but he was not drafted out of Canadian Major Junior, so he is in the clear to join Belleville next season despite not being 20 years old. I would assume that is the first choice.

Given that this is a 19-20 ELC, I wonder if he'll sign an ATO to join Belleville for the remainder of the season and for a potential playoff run.

He could definitely play in Belleville next season, but IMO he would benefit more from playing in the OHL. Going from 15 points in the NCAA to the AHL is a big leap and he might not get top six minutes. Whereas if he plays for London, he'll probably get more minutes and might benefit from playing against lesser competition.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He's no worse than a handful of guys who have played for the B-Sens this year. That definitely doesn't mean it's the best place for his development though.
He is 18 and struggled in college hockey i doubt thats true. Gotta think the sens did this to make sure he goes to London. They probably didnt like how he was being developed and used in Miami.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad