Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Harpur to 2 year extension

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
This entire season has been a write-off. To judge Harpur on his play this year alone, when pretty much everything went wrong, is a mistake.

The big challenge for Harpur will be to figure out what he can learn from this season and apply that to his off-season training.

But really, if we were to give grades for overall performances this year, not too many guys would get a good score. Harpur was thrust into the role of replacing Dion and Oduya after the trades and he wasn't ready for it. Claesson also had a step back this year, and that left some serious issues on the left side, which is actually a huge issue for the system if the left side D struggle.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I like Harpur.. I seem to be in the minority there. He needs to continue to develop .. He has had some very good games. He needs to harness that and be more consistent like many young players trying to make it. I thought he had more potential than Claesson last year. I never bought into the Cleasson can replace Methot hype. I think he has more potential than Claesson now. If I had to invest in one of them, i'd take Harpur. He aint breaking the bank even if he's used as a 7th or has to go down for a stint.

Reactions: topshelf15

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This entire season has been a write-off. To judge Harpur on his play this year alone, when pretty much everything went wrong, is a mistake.

The big challenge for Harpur will be to figure out what he can learn from this season and apply that to his off-season training.

But really, if we were to give grades for overall performances this year, not too many guys would get a good score. Harpur was thrust into the role of replacing Dion and Oduya after the trades and he wasn't ready for it. Claesson also had a step back this year, and that left some serious issues on the left side, which is actually a huge issue for the system if the left side D struggle.
Ceci has also regressed under these coachs. Common pattern here. Wonder if it has anything to do with the coach? Worries me a great deal with Chabot coming along.

Harpur has been do a right terrible all year. While Claesson has also struggled I wonder why the standard for the two players seems to be so different from the coach's. Ceci and Harpur both seem to have a much longer leash than Wideman and Claesson do/did.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ceci has also regressed under these coachs. Common pattern here. Wonder if it has anything to do with the coach? Worries me a great deal with Chabot coming along.

Harpur has been do a right terrible all year. While Claesson has also struggled I wonder why the standard for the two players seems to be so different from the coach's. Ceci and Harpur both seem to have a much longer leash than Wideman and Claesson do/did.
Ceci first round pick. Harpur tall.

Edit:
Before I leave this out there for people to comment on, clarification. Claessen has been nothing short of a disaster this year.. the only time he looked even halfway decent was when he was paired with karlsson early in the year. since then it has been mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake.

as for wideman I like him on the bottom pair. don't know if he can be more than that, could try for like a few games but im skeptical. a better player than harpur right now

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ceci first round pick. Harpur tall.

Edit:
Before I leave this out there for people to comment on, clarification. Claessen has been nothing short of a disaster this year.. the only time he looked even halfway decent was when he was paired with karlsson early in the year. since then it has been mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake.

as for wideman I like him on the bottom pair. don't know if he can be more than that, could try for like a few games but im skeptical. a better player than harpur right now

Wideman was very effective until he was neutered by the coach's. Lost his confidence and when he is producing it's when he plays a confident game. Wideman should be a positive player in today's game of puck possession skill, speed and movement. With a coach that runs a team this way id bet that he would thrive.

To me it's been hard to differentiate Harpur and Claesson this year both have been awful. I have found Harpur worse but that's not saying much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad