Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Adam Tambellini

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That they couldn't crack because spots were taken by other prospects.

Oh, you mean that I might have said something similar back then about Hoffman and Wideman and cracking the roster? No, I thought they would play but never thought Hoffman would be as good and didn't expect Wideman to stick in the NHL. I could see him get a multi year contract from another team next year, assuming he doesn't get injured this time.

And the point was that those guys were still prospects (not much NHL experience, under 25 y/o)... In the original post I quoted, the poster was talking about "good AHL players", so not necessarily about prospects but more like veterans who might have a chance to crack the NHL roster.

That being said, Tambellini is still a prospect too, 23 y/o, never played in the NHL, got drafted in the 3rd round 5 years ago

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Tambellini is off to a strong start to the season with 10 points (6G/4A) in 13 games. His AHL career performance in previous seasons has been:
  • 32 points in 69 games (16G/16A)
  • 35 points in 68 games (13G/22A)
  • 32 points in 74 games (17G/15A)
Maybe this could be a break out year for him and maybe he is nearing a jump to the NHL. If he could turn out to be a solid NHL player for the Senators it would be like a NCAA signing. He did have strong WHL numbers which may suggest that he has some decent offensive upside that hasn't materialized in previous seasons.

Has anyone that have been watching the games in Belleville have any comments on his overall play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad