Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Adam Tambellini

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Maybe the bright side is as a loser organization with crappy NHL players, good AHL players will want to sign here and crack the NHL roster....

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
That’s good. One of the few I thought worthy of a shot.

Could be as good as cole Schneider! ;)

Last edited:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Looks like a decent signing. Tambellini has a big frame at 6'4 but he could benefit from adding some mass because he is only listed at 193 lbs. He is only 23 so he is still young enough to put it all together and be a solid NHLer. He had solid offensive production in his final season in the WHL with 47 goals and 39 assists for 86 points in 71 games played. He also put up 13 goals and 13 assists for 26 points in 16 games played in the playoffs that season.

He seems like an interesting reclamation project:
  • Future Considerations: "a big rangy forward with good hockey sense...likes to find his position and have the puck distributed to him...his reach is a major strength as he uses it to keep the puck away from defenders and to get pucks around goaltenders in tight...has good sense of where to get to both with and without the puck to generate pressure and a scoring chance...at his best when he plays with a sense of confidence and authority on the ice...given adequate time and a team with some patience in developing the young Tambellini, he could be a good project that turns into a gem down the road."
  • Hockey Prospect: "plays the game at a very quick pace, and is a very impressive skater for his size...is very dangerous in the offensive zone because of his size, speed and skill...has good vision, a nice release and is able to do everything with the puck at a high pace...opponents had a very tough time containing him this season because not many players in the league can play the game at the same speed as him...can easily drive to the net and score around the net because teams did not have a defenseman who could match him with size and speed at once...can play in so many different areas on the power play because of his unique skill set...teams really had to create game plans around Tambellini to try to stop him on a consistent basis...the big knock on Tambellini’s game at this point is his lack of a physical game...could provide a more physical presence with his size."
  • Matt Erhart (Surrey Eagles head coach): "a pure sniper...big league shot and release...a power forward, he's still a little bit slight, but he's going to fill out and mature."
  • Trent Klatt (NY Islanders Player Development): "a big scorer in the BCHL...will take his talents to the University of North Dakota where he will continue to learn good habits and be placed in situations to succeed...has a very good skill set and the ability to find soft areas in the offensive zone to score."
  • A Tradition of Excellence: 2013 NHL Draft Profile: Adam Tambellini

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Maybe the bright side is as a loser organization with crappy NHL players, good AHL players will want to sign here and crack the NHL roster....

Don't want to be a debbie downer, but I have hard time seeing marginal players crack the roster... If they plan to keep actual players of course

Forwards (long term?) : Duchene, Stone, Dzingel, Pageau, Boedker?, Paajarvi?

I'm counting Smith, Gaborik and Ryan eventually out because of health, age and salary reasons, so let's say there is 6-7 spots open in the near future, but those "AHL" players will have to battle for a spot with all of Tkachuk, Brown, White, Batherson, Chlapik, Formenton, Nurmi, Gagne, Perron, Paul, Crookshank, Luchuk, Gruden, Novak (and any other forward they acquire in the meantime)

Defense (long term?) : Karlsson, Chabot, Ceci

Let's assume that Borowiecki and Wideman won't be there long term, so it leaves 3-4 spots for all of Wolanin, Jaros, Bernard-Docker, Tychonick, Harpur, Lajoie, Bergman, Englund (and any other D-man they acquire in the meantime)

I know some people will say "yeah but they are just prospects", it's a fair point but IMO there is at least 6 regular NHL forwards and 4 regular NHL D-men there.

Edit : and since he's only 23 y/o, Tambellini is a prospect himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: operasen

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Belleville sure - if he does not replace one of the high end guys we are trying to develop. I would not want him pushing someon down a line because he’s got reach .

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Who is going to GM Belleville this year. Getting close to realtime and Lee situation is still a mess. Either way it resolves, I’d hope he is done in Belleville.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I've really liked our AHL signings this summer, being a competitive team will be priceless for the younger kids who are gonna play there the next few years.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Who is going to GM Belleville this year. Getting close to realtime and Lee situation is still a mess. Either way it resolves, I’d hope he is done in Belleville.

My guess would be Donovan. Or, if they are looking for someone who can replace Lee seamlessly, Shawn Markwick would probably be the guy to do so.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
????? - Chlapik* - Batherson
Perron - Brown* - Rodewald
Tambellini - O'Brien - Gagne
Luchuk - Sexton - Leier
Sturtz/Scarfo

????? = one of Paul/Carey/McCormick
*assumed that White beats them out for the 2nd/3rd line center spot

Real good forward group down in Belleville this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Don't want to be a debbie downer, but I have hard time seeing marginal players crack the roster... If they plan to keep actual players of course

Forwards (long term?) : Duchene, Stone, Dzingel, Pageau, Boedker?, Paajarvi?

I'm counting Smith, Gaborik and Ryan eventually out because of health, age and salary reasons, so let's say there is 6-7 spots open in the near future, but those "AHL" players will have to battle for a spot with all of Tkachuk, Brown, White, Batherson, Chlapik, Formenton, Nurmi, Gagne, Perron, Paul, Crookshank, Luchuk, Gruden, Novak (and any other forward they acquire in the meantime)

Defense (long term?) : Karlsson, Chabot, Ceci

Let's assume that Borowiecki and Wideman won't be there long term, so it leaves 3-4 spots for all of Wolanin, Jaros, Bernard-Docker, Tychonick, Harpur, Lajoie, Bergman, Englund (and any other D-man they acquire in the meantime)

I know some people will say "yeah but they are just prospects", it's a fair point but IMO there is at least 6 regular NHL forwards and 4 regular NHL D-men there.

Edit : and since he's only 23 y/o, Tambellini is a prospect himself.
You probably would have said the same thing about Hoffman or Wideman. More is always better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad