Proposal: Sens-Sharks

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
Terrible offer from the Sens. You want a high quality player like Hertl, you've got to offer a high quality prospect/piece back. White is struggling, Lassi is struggling, and Gus has been performing like a meh goalie prospect.

Would you trade Tkachuk for a comparable package? I highly doubt it. (No Tkachuk and Hertl are not similar at all, but he is probably the closest comparable the Sens have to Hertl on the roster at this point in time)

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Way too low... Would have to be something like
2021 1st- top 3 protected
Batherson

Then we can have a convo at least. But one where Sens loose more than they would gain by getting him.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If Hertl is even slightly available, and can play C pretty well(i thought he was used mostly at LW?)... then I'll offer a nice penny. He does only have 2 years left though.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
If Hertl is even slightly available, and can play C pretty well(i thought he was used mostly at LW?)... then I'll offer a nice penny. He does only have 2 years left though.

Predominantly used as a C and yes he has 2 more years at 5.625M AAV. Trading our best young top six forward is the last thing Wilson will do unless a team blows him out of the water with an offer that he can’t turn down.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I wouldn’t move Hertl without one of Tkachuk, Chabot, or Stutzle coming back. Now I fully understand why Sens wouldn’t do that and if roles were reversed I wouldn’t either but that’s what it would take for the Sharks to move him.
I think this reply is effective without being rude and should be the staple answer in this thread.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think this reply is effective without being rude and should be the staple answer in this thread.
Hertl is just so good and such a huge part of our team. While I wouldn’t be opposed to trading him for a good return, I would only want it to be one or two big pieces.
Its kind of our standard answer when people come asking for Hertl. Most dont respond as well as sens fans have though.
In other fans defense, I normally phrase it a little harsher. :laugh:

Reactions: themelkman

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
donttalktome.jpg

Hertl is off the table unless a blue chipper is coming back

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Terrible offer from the Sens. You want a high quality player like Hertl, you've got to offer a high quality prospect/piece back. White is struggling, Lassi is struggling, and Gus has been performing like a meh goalie prospect.

Would you trade Tkachuk for a comparable package? I highly doubt it. (No Tkachuk and Hertl are not similar at all, but he is probably the closest comparable the Sens have to Hertl on the roster at this point in time)
White did quite well at the end of the season. Injuries are a concern though. Something like White, Abramov and an unprotected 2021 first would be fair value if the Sharks were rebuilding (which they should be). If not there is no point moving Hertl.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I was thinking about how much Wilson has fleeced us when we used their pick on Stutzle.
I mean it may not have been fleecing as much anymore but it’s not like it’s a bad trade from the Sharks even with hindsight. Don’t know if that’s what you’re implying but that’s what it sounds like.

Reactions: Patty Ice

OperationHotMother

Dec 22, 2006
Offer makes me cringe as a Senators fan.
Also why use first names/nicknames for prospects in a trade offer? Sharks fans aren't so enamored with our prospects depth that they should be expected to recognize our third best goalie prospect based on a quarter of his name.

Reactions: qqaz

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Offer makes me cringe as a Senators fan.
Also why use first names/nicknames for prospects in a trade offer? Sharks fans aren't so enamored with our prospects depth that they should be expected to recognize our third best goalie prospect based on a quarter of his name.
I think most of us know who is being referred to by the OP. Doesn’t matter though because there are only about 4 names that we would consider and none of them are listed in the OP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad