Sens' scout says this is a thin draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Here are his comments from todays Ottawa Sun:

"I've been in Ottawa six years and this might be one of the thinnest drafts I've seen since I've been here," said Frank Jay, who was promoted to director of amateur scouting yesterday, while player personnel director Anders Hedberg became head of pro scouting.

"It's pretty good in the top 15, but then it drops off significantly. We got really lucky being able to pick in the No. 9 spot."

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Interesting comments. The common concensus seems to be there is a significant drop off after #1, then another drop off after #7 and then another one after #15 - even though that last one is not clear cut and the 8-15 rankings are probably very different from team to team.

I think anyone selecting between 16-28 is going to get a guy they had ranked in the top 15.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Le Golie said:
Interesting comments. The common concensus seems to be there is a significant drop off after #1, then another drop off after #7 and then another one after #15 - even though that last one is not clear cut and the 8-15 rankings are probably very different from team to team.

I think anyone selecting between 16-28 is going to get a guy they had ranked in the top 15.

I agree there. Unless I was picking in the top 6 I would rather be picking at the end of the round just because around 16-45 are very close IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->