Sens Players Mocking Coaching On Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Anyone who has played on any sports team ever has talked about other players and the coach.
Not really the point. On one hand, most of those are young players in there, and you have a guy you sold the farm for leading the criticism of one of the coaches with a bunch of teenagers in the car. Not great leadership there.

Two - once again - yeah it happens but it happens behind closed doors. Everyone talks shit behind peoples backs, and as long as it stays there its no harm no foul. When it's public, it's a problem. Raymond (and by extension Boucher) have lost the room.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
1) This Uber driver is very unprofessional
2) This should've stayed private
3) **** these brats, they should take a long and hard look at the mirror
4) If I'm Boucher I show the players the video and break everything in the room after.
#3 ah yes, you've clearly never had a negative work environment and gotten some much needed relief by shooting the shit with coworkers.

Should they do this in an uber? Probably not, clearly but I have no issue with players venting frustration to one another

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Anyone who has played on any sports team ever has talked about other players and the coach.
Yup this is nothing new. Careless of them to talk about it in front of a guy they don't know? Sure. But this is far from out of the ordinary.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
How long till we keep blaming the coaching?

Maybe it a truly time to blow the whole thing up from players to coaches

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Yeah but they should not have done this in a cab and that Uber driver also had no right to post this.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Invasion of privacy? Lol. You're talking in front of a stranger, an Uber Driver. Not a lawyer or doctor. It's Arizona, it's a one-party state, either don't talk **** or talk **** knowing it can be recorded legally and shared.

oh give me a break. How in the hell are they supposed to know this dork is going to run tell the internet some hockey team from Canada talked crap about their assistant coach?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
***Breaking News*** This just in...entitled 20-something millionaire athletes act like morons. More on this developing story at 10.

Seriously though - they are dumb for airing this stuff in a public setting but compared to other recent Sens controversies - this doesn’t strike me as all that major.

As my freshman advisor said many moons ago...”if I write you up for drinking in the dorms it’s not because you were drinking, it’s because you were dumb enough to get caught.”

Don’t tell me other NHL locker rooms are free of cliques, stupidity and private inside mockery.

Reactions: NovaLeaf

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
yeah but the context for this is pretty different. these are professional athletes in the best hockey league in the world, so I think they should be held to a different standard for how they conduct themselves in public

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Why is the guy behind the driver so itchy? Has he played in Vegas lately?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Not really the point. On one hand, most of those are young players in there, and you have a guy you sold the farm for leading the criticism of one of the coaches with a bunch of teenagers in the car. Not great leadership there.

Two - once again - yeah it happens but it happens behind closed doors. Everyone talks **** behind peoples backs, and as long as it stays there its no harm no foul. When it's public, it's a problem. Raymond (and by extension Boucher) have lost the room.

Well duh.

Some people in here are acting as if no one says anything ever which is ridiculous.

I’ll bet there are a lot of hockey players out there who have said a lot of things in a lot of Ubers who are going to be a lot more careful from now on.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
yeah but the context for this is pretty different. these are professional athletes in the best hockey league in the world, so I think they should be held to a different standard for how they conduct themselves in public

Well, everyone has found out the hard way that the inside of a car is public.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Gotta feel bad for the players. Shit like this is definitely said all the time but no one has a recording of it. Uber driver should be ashamed of himself.

When it rains it pours though.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Well, everyone has found out the hard way that the inside of a car is public.
it's not like they were alone in the car. there was a member of the general public right there. How many people do you think have to be present before it stops being a private conversation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad