Sens players caught ripping coaches, laughing about team on video

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
Not that bad, in theory. This happens all the time. Usually not on camera. Why the hell was this filmed? Ass hole uber. Also, why was the other thread locked? Still rough all things considered. It is the Sens... they are a damn mess.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Everyone talks shit about their bosses and management at work. It's a way to vent and relieve stress. Half the stuff you say you don't really mean, because at the end of the day, you know your bosses are just doing their jobs, too; and are answering to someone just like you are.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Only reason ppl are making it a big deal is since it's the sens. Schadenfreude may I say?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I don't get sending 4 guys *not* on the video out to have a press conference *about* the video, but #JustSensThings.

This type of convo probably happens all the time. But I think we all know that's not the point.

Also the Athletic had a conveniently timed article on "Players Only Meetings" and coaches losing the room which seems prescient now.

Bourne: The anatomy of a players-only meeting and what...

Reactions: Vikke

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Only reason ppl are making it a big deal is since it's the sens. Schadenfreude may I say?
That's not true and you know it. It might make it funnier, but when is the last time you've heard of 7 NHL players publicly ripping one of their coaches? This would be a huge story if it was the friggin Coyotes.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
When I hire new guys, during orientation I tell them that m there will be times you wont like your tasks or the decisions I make but maintain your proffesionalism onsite and in front of clients. I guess I should add "while taking an Uber" as well.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Rock bottom.

DUWS79TVAAAA3Ni.jpg

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I was going to say the Sens should start their own reality series, but I guess they already have....

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Meh, them talking hockey when they could have been talking about a million other things ...Isnt really a bad thing

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
This is why we need more outspoken players. Look at these meek creatures. This is barely a story other than the Uber driver being a weirdo.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Everyone talks **** about their bosses and management at work. It's a way to vent and relieve stress. Half the stuff you say you don't really mean, because at the end of the day, you know your bosses are just doing their jobs, too; and are answering to someone just like you are.
This maybe true, but it's a different thing when you are a professional athlete than say a construction worker.

Also, as I said, Duchene is the big problem here. He's a captain for crying out loud. He should NEVER question the coaches in front of other players, let alone some rookies who have just joined the league and the team. Now these rookies know that these two older players (one a captain) don't respect their team staff. How do you think that'll pan out for the team?

Reactions: CDN24

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Has anyone commented on the driver listening to I'm sailing away after dropping them off? Amazing closing scene
It was almost too perfect. If someone edited the video to just the highlights, there would be a good chance they would have used that song at the end anyways.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
I am pretty sure these guys say alot worse stuff when there are really no outsiders listening in

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Just some fairy harmless venting about work, really not a big deal IMO. The Sens have had plenty of horrible off ice stuff recently, but this isn’t bad at all. Agreed that the Uber driver was a dick for posting this.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
and I wonder why the driver released this, he said "F You" at the end, could it be they did not give him a tip and this is his revenge? that is the only reason I can say he is justified in selling this to the Ottawa Citizen

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
and I wonder why the driver released this, he said "F You" at the end, could it be they did not give him a tip and this is his revenge? that is the only reason I can say he is justified in selling this to the Ottawa Citizen

I took it to be the actions of another car/driver that caused him to say that. Uber allows riders to tip in app and they can tip well after the ride is actually completed.

Reactions: Fixxer

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Driver is kind of a jerk in this and I am glad I am not taped talking about work. That being said the players should have known better, a lot of Uber drivers have these cameras and I am sure the players use the service a bunch on the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad