Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Oilers Nov. 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
What's wrong with you man. :help:

You really want the Oilers to get McDavid or Eichel? What is wrong with you?

Of course i want them to lose tomorrow, but i want them to win their other games so that more deserving teams can get either McDavid or Eichel.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Oilers are 6-2-0 against eastern teams and did beat Montreal, Tampa bay, and the Rangers. They have lost every single game against Western teams but are doing very well against the East.

That goes to show the difference of quality of teams in both conferences.

If they were in the east they would maybe be a playoff team who nows.

If we we're in the West we would probably get creamed every single night

Small sample size.

Correlation does not mean causation.

Should I go on?

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006

Nashville seems to dislike Oiler fans too.

(This was staged apparently by the lady in the video and the mascot.)

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

Of course i want them to lose tomorrow, but i want them to win their other games so that more deserving teams can get either McDavid or Eichel.

I feel the same way I don't want to see them ruin the development of great young players like McDavid or Eichel.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Small sample size.

Correlation does not mean causation.

Should I go on?

The more samples you have, the closer you get to the value there's no question about that but even a small sample size can make me believe that there's a relation between the Oilers winning their 6 games against eastern teams is not a coincidence.

If you just use a quick logic, the Western conference is better than the Eastern. I am curious about the stats of East vs West but I am too lazy to go and look at it. Most of the powerhouses are in the West. To me, it is just logic that if you put a western team in the east they will probably have a better record, and yes you say small sample size but 6-2-0 vs 0-7-1 is a very indicative record of the difference, even if they were only 4-4-0 against the east, that still makes them 50% vs 0%. I don't think there is any question that a team who doesn't have a second line, sub par defense and until now an underwhelming first line would be a good team in the west( talking about the Sens). The only thong making us better than the Oilers as of now is Craig Anderson and Robin Lehner no question about it

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm thinking Karlsson has a 3 point night, 2 PP assists and ES goal.
Stone has a PP goal and ES assist
Turris has a PP goal

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

Why not? If Buffalo gets McDavid then they and Tampa pretty much lock two playoff spots in our division for a decade. Why would you want that?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The more samples you have, the closer you get to the value there's no question about that but even a small sample size can make me believe that there's a relation between the Oilers winning their 6 games against eastern teams is not a coincidence.

If you just use a quick logic, the Western conference is better than the Eastern. I am curious about the stats of East vs West but I am too lazy to go and look at it. Most of the powerhouses are in the West. To me, it is just logic that if you put a western team in the east they will probably have a better record, and yes you say small sample size but 6-2-0 vs 0-7-1 is a very indicative record of the difference, even if they were only 4-4-0 against the east, that still makes them 50% vs 0%. I don't think there is any question that a team who doesn't have a second line, sub par defense and until now an underwhelming first line would be a good team in the west( talking about the Sens). The only thong making us better than the Oilers as of now is Craig Anderson and Robin Lehner no question about it

SJ, Min, and LA combined:
Vs East 7-13-3
Vs West 16-5-3

Based on this larger sample then just the Oilers, the east is logically better than the west, right?

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Why not? If Buffalo gets McDavid then they and Tampa pretty much lock two playoff spots in our division for a decade. Why would you want that?

This isn't correct. There are always one or two teams that fall out of the playoffs each year and a fwe otehrs that go in. Just adding one elite player doesn't guarantee Buffalo anything. If they have McDavid surrounded by crap, it'll be like pre-defence trade Islanders where they had Tavares and junk. In the end, Buffalo's management isn't one I ever worry about winning the Cup...building a foundation maybe, not winning outright.

Oilers getting one of those two would be awesome. They'd ruin their careers and be bloated with young players on a bad team.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Imagine McDavid and Hall on the same line, that would rival Getz-perry, seguin-benn. Nuge would make a boss second line centre. and Yakshould be a good 2nd line RW.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

PUH-LEEZE. McDavid is good but even prime Sidney Crosby couldn't squeeze 15 wins out of that disaster Timmah has built in Buffalo. There is tanking, then there is legit damaging your franchise with the way Buffalo is playing. They are ruining whatever future they have by exposing their young players to such a toxic, losing environment. Matt Moulsen is their best player and he's at best a complimentary piece. After that, the goaltending is awful, the defense is worse than ours with very little upside and their forward depth is so thin, that Colin Greening could probably be a top 6 there.

Note to self: Trade Greening to Buffalo for Matt Moulsen.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
PUH-LEEZE. McDavid is good but even prime Sidney Crosby couldn't squeeze 15 wins out of that disaster Timmah has built in Buffalo. There is tanking, then there is legit damaging your franchise with the way Buffalo is playing. They are ruining whatever future they have by exposing their young players to such a toxic, losing environment. Matt Moulsen is their best player and he's at best a complimentary piece. After that, the goaltending is awful, the defense is worse than ours with very little upside and their forward depth is so thin, that Colin Greening could probably be a top 6 there.

Note to self: Trade Greening to Buffalo for Matt Moulsen.

Buffalo is built to suck by design this year. With 3 first round picks this draft TM will turn it around. McDavid will make a difference between average and perennial playoff team.

I'm not saying they will be winning every cup for the next 10 years. I'm saying with McDavid they'll be lock for the playoffs (Penguins, Hawks now) 2-3 years from now.
Where would Pittsburgh be with Pouilot(#4) or Jack Johnson(#3) instead of Crosby now?

Last edited:

LoneSteele

Mar 5, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I've lived in Edmonton for 4 years and I've gone to every Sens game in town since then. Oilers have only won once - last spring... Thanks a lot Hemsky...

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
Do you go with Lehner and give Andy the better of the 2 Alberta teams Saturday, or run with Anderson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad