Sens offseason needs beyond just Top 6 F/Top 4 D

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Yeah the sadness of being a Sens fan just continues I guess. At least we'll get to watch Brown in the ECF or WCF next season, like we recently did with Pageau, Stone, Zibanejad, Paul, etc
If the cap space goes towards a better forward, then it's fine.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Fiala could have been had for a decent price and his contract isn't outrageous. We should've been on that but we can still address our needs in the off season. Plus the price for Fiala isn't near as high as we thought it may have been so we might be able to get some other pieces for cheap.

Send a 2nd round pick to Edmonton for Puljujarvi, see if we can move MDZ to them as well (they might need a puck mover in case they move Barrie)

Get someone like Matt Roy or Sean Durzi off LA.

If CBrown isn't extending with us, retain half of his salary, and trade for someone that can be an immediate top 6 scorer for us (Konecny, Tarasenko, Beauvillier, etc...) and so that we don't lose an asset for free.

Its just the first day of UFA, but dog gammit, I want to see change considering how many assets we have

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Time is out for white if we don’t buy him out at 1/3rd this summer and he is the same injury prone average 3rd line C we are on the hook for that contract

That’s a bit generous … he’d be easy to move if he was better than 15 3C’s in the league.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Yeah the sadness of being a Sens fan just continues I guess. At least we'll get to watch Brown in the ECF or WCF next season, like we recently did with Pageau, Stone, Zibanejad, Paul, etc
I hope they keep C. Brown he is IMO one of their best complete players, however, if he doesn't want to stay & wants to test free agency than we have no choice. It's not that different from Paul's situation where he is likely going to price himself out of our budget & given he is such a good player we may be able to trade him for either some kind of upgrade or hopefully another first to stock pile our prospect pool. If the Sens draft a forward with their 7th OA pick & they are able to get another late first for Brown, they could draft Tristan Luneau a potential top pairing RD for the future of this team. That would be a win/win IMO.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Honestly, if they get a top 6F and a top 4D, we don't need any other piece until we reassess.

Acquiring a top 6F pushes down 2 of brown, formenton, and Joseph to the third line.

Add guys like kastelic to the 4th line, and then do we really need another forward?

Same for the D.

Acquiring these pieces push down other players improving the bottom lines.

Perhaps NOW is the time to trade Brown for a mid-first round pick this draft so we can build our prospect pool with higher quality prospects.

I hope they keep C. Brown he is IMO one of their best complete players, however, if he doesn't want to stay & wants to test free agency than we have no choice. It's not that different from Paul's situation where he is likely going to price himself out of our budget & given he is such a good player we may be able to trade him for either some kind of upgrade or hopefully another first to stock pile our prospect pool. If the Sens draft a forward with their 7th OA pick & they are able to get another late first for Brown, they could draft Tristan Luneau a potential top pairing RD for the future of this team. That would be a win/win IMO.

Paul just signed with Tampa for I think just over $3M AAV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad