Sens may lose some UFAs but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I don't think it does.
It's the same as Karlsson.. Does Chabot playing almost elite soften the blow?
When in reality, we could have Chabot dominating on a pairing and Karlsson on the other.

Here, we could have Duchene with Batherson and Dzingle.
Brown with Tkachuk and Stone.
Or we could have a lineup that look like that.
Dzingle-Duch-Ryan
Tkachuk-White-Stone
Chlapik-Brown-Batherson
Balcers-Pageau-Tierney.

I understand what you mean and i am excited for Drake. But what if we could afford all these players? That would be wow.

Last edited:

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I don't think it does.
It's the same as Karlsson.. Does Chabot playing almost elite soften the blow?
When in reality, we could have Chabot dominating on a pairing and Karlsson on the other.

Here, we could have Duchene with Batherson and Dzingle.
Brown with Tkachuk and Stone.
Or we could have a lineup that look like that.
Dzingle-Duch-Ryan
Tkachuk-White-Stone
Chlapik-Brown-Batherson
Balcers-Pageau-Tierney.

I understand what you mean and i am excited for Drake. But what of we could affort all these players? That would be wow.

That forward group could be an absolute force in a year or two. Really puts things into perspective.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
huge fan of batherson got to see him pIay one game in junior in Sydney for cape Breton screaming eagIes he scored a goaI and was the best pIayer on the ice aII game. 2 bad we Iost the game to the saint john sea dogs though 3-1 IoI

Emerica

May 29, 2010
How does this soften the blow in any way? Good franchises take advantage of kids exceeding expectations on their ELC by adding them to their existant core while they have low costs. We replace our established stars with them. Rinse and repeat.

Higher your standards people.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Batherson looked really good with Duchene. It would have been great to watch them play together for several years. Now who knows if we will see that kind of chemistry with anyone else on this roster.

Thanks Eugene.

Reactions: Cosmix and h2owned

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
How hard is it for people to understand that having good prospects rightfully pisses Sens fans off because there was no hockey reason for this financially motivated firesale?

Realistic Sens fans picture the Sens lineup with Karlsson, Hoffman, Chabot, Stone, Duchene, Dzingle AND THE YOUNG UPCOMING TALENT and get angry when comparing it to what we will ice for the rest of this year and next.

Last edited:

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
There's some good young pieces in the system for sure. I am looking forward to how they can do with a young NHL core of Chabot/Tkachuk/White. There's going to be some tough seasons being patient though as it's going to take 3+ years until we see them enter their primes.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Brown,Batherson,Formenton,Wolanin next year the hope being that time in the minors help them as much as it helped White and Chabot.

The third wave of young players is a work in progress but starts with Bernard docker and Norris as well as whoever we draft this season.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I still think White tops out as a good 3rd liner.

Too early to say for me. He has great vision and good speed, he has all the tools to be a top 6 C. Not the smoothest of hands but still, every other aspect of his game is solid.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
His rookie deal is up after the 20/21 season... he puts up 60-70 points he’s going to be looking for Nylander money coming off his elc
That would be great actually but he has a long way to go before reaching Nylander status.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
That forward group could be an absolute force in a year or two. Really puts things into perspective.

That it could. Still not convinced on brown as a top line centre. But the cntre depth is going to be fantastic.

I hope that dorion focusses on the defense when it comes to trading for prospects with the uchene, stone and dzingle trades.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I didn't think Stone would leave so soon, but then we gave him that 1 year contract...

That was the stupidest move of all time. Any competent organization would have moved to lock up Stone just as soon as he was eligible to sign an extension, as history demonstrates that these kind of deals never get cheaper. We were, however, frozen with indecision due to unstable ownership, and as a result allowed Stone to become an RFA a year away from complete free agency. Even if we get Stone signed over the next week, the club will end up paying a good million a year more than we would have had we just got the deal done ASAP in the summer of 2017. (They probably could have had him at 8x7 then) Dumb, dumb, dumb, but that's what happens when you have an owner who changes his mind every few weeks about the direction of the franchise and the state of his finances, and who won't empower his GM to make deals independently. (If you think that Dorion has any degree of independence, I have a great bridge to sell you.)

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I really like Drake, but I think we're starting to put too much of our future hopes on him (and Chabot). These guys aren't going to be the next Stone/Duchene & Karlsson, and it's unfair to them to put those kinds of expectations on them.

Batherson and Brown look to have top line potential.

Hoffman and Stone didn't look like surefire top line players at first. We should be excited about our best prospects. We shouldn't expect to compete for the Cup any time soon and we also shouldn't expect to keep any of them once they hit UFA. But for now? Let us enjoy the promise of potential.

Reactions: Variable26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->