Sens Management Very Unhappy

DiamondJoeQuimby

Jun 3, 2005
New York State
I thought that this club was turning things around. We had a much better 6-3-0 stretch, but now have lost 3 straight again.

This kind of stuff happens when you get the job from a do nothing GM right before the start of the season. He must have been partying like it was Spring Break the entire offseason. Not enough on the bottom 2 lines, not enough defense after the 2 stars. No backup goaltender, I've had to play Luongo every game. If I didn't have Bobrovsky I'd have the worst prospect ranking in the league. No 1st round pick this year of course, seems like this occurs whenever I take over a team.

Now that I'm done with my rant for you media types, here's what I want to do with this team. I really could go either way, but I'd like to focus on getting this team ready for 2011-2012.

I'm absolutely not trading Zetterberg or Kesler. Same goes for Lidstrom, he should be back next season.

Bobrovsky will probably be traded sometime. I'm willing to talk about him. I want at least 3 assets back (one forward or Dman, and two prospects/1st round picks). Tim Thomas returned a top 6 forward and a starting goaltender. Jonas Hiller returned Armstrong and 2 1st round picks. Bob will be a good starter on an ELC.

My defenders other than Lidstrom or Campbell are available. Cullimore could be rented out for a draft choice. Salei or Hainsey could be traded too. Alberts is under contract, but he could be moved also.

Up front, Havlat is available. I need a 2nd line center next year so that Kesler and Zetterberg could play together. Holmstrom could be traded. Grier is available for re-renting. Landon Wilson available if anyone has injury trouble up front.

DiamondJoeQuimby

Jun 3, 2005
New York State
Tomas Holmstrom and Ron Hainsey are going to the Carolina Hurricanes.

Coming back to Ottawa are prospect Kevin Hayes and the Canes 5th round choice in this years draft.

This starts the process of setting the team up for 2011-12 with the trading of Holmstrom and Hainsey. I like Holmstrom, but he was struggling here and I couldn't justify bringing him back. Korpikoski may be ready to take his spot, and I can use the money to bring a free agent into the organization.

Guys we're definitely going to move out before the deadline include Salei, Cullimore and Grier.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Hey Matt it's not always wise to post trades before being confirmed with the risk of them being declined just a heads up as I know your a new GM

DiamondJoeQuimby

Jun 3, 2005
New York State
FYI, Doan signed an extension for next season at the same salary. Campbell has signed 2 years, 6 million per season. Doan wasn't part of the problems this season and neither was Campbell. Both should be equal if not better players next season. They can probably be scratched off anyone's wishlist because of the trade penalty.

The organization is also awaiting Korpikoski's signature on a contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad