News Article: Sens' MacArthur fails camp medical

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Would be nice to have more info on the situation. Not sure how to react based upon the total lack of information.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Assuming this is concussion related it is pretty much proof he should not have came back last season and took a big risk to his long term health

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Feel bad for the poor guy, hope things work out for him & this doesn't come back to haunt him later in life. I assume Dzingel replaces him as he did last yr but I wonder how many games they give Dzingel before deciding whether he is the answer at LW or they need to make a deal to bring in more scoring on the left side.

Hoffman - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Stone
Dzingel - Thompson - Burrows
McCormick - Vandevelde - Pyatt - Paul has a shot of making this 4th line too

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Assuming this is concussion related it is pretty much proof he should not have came back last season and took a big risk to his long term health

That's definitely hindsight. If the doctors cleared him then he passed the tests and seemed ready. The only thing I can think of is something happened within the Boston/New York rounds that shook him up. Perhaps just having the blood flow through him faster then he has handled since the concussion was enough.

Dorion did mention that him having a sore neck on the player exit reviews was a concern, but figured he was on schedule to recover fully come training camp. Who knows, maybe they are just being extra cautious and he gets cleared again in a month or two.

Last edited:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
He did miss a game in the playoffs due to the neck issue. I wonder if it's a Crosby style neck issue. It might be giving him concussion-type symptoms. But they're careful to call it actual post concussion syndrome because they don't know the true source...

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

I doubt he will ever regret paying in that playoff run last year.
Probably the best memories of his career.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
So that's it then. Terrible but expected news. I was always on edge watching him worried he would get yet another concussion. Jagr available?

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
I hope that the playoff run last year will make it easier for him to retire now with the itch scratched.

Always liked to see him play, he made things happen, but it's time to get out as healthy as possible.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
This was something everybody pretty much had in the back of their mind, when he came back last season.Love the player but we cant wait any longer ,for him to maybe come back .

We need a replacement,and we will use part of his money to get one

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I hope that the playoff run last year will make it easier for him to retire now with the itch scratched.

Always liked to see him play, he made things happen, but it's time to get out as healthy as possible.

I agree. He made it back up the mountain.

Got to score some big goals and go on an awesome playoff ride.

Nothing left to prove, so take care of your family and health now.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
If this is how he has to go it's one of the better ways to go out. Over time goal to win the series against the Bruins being a highlight of the run.

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
If this is how he has to go it's one of the better ways to go out. Over time goal to win the series against the Bruins being a highlight of the run.

Agreed. Love Mac and sad to hear the news, but at least he had his moments during our run. Not looking forward to the start of the season...

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
He's done.

I have so many questions.

Did he get diagnosed with another concussion?

What exactly did he fail in the physical?

Is he training? Does he work out with the team?

Is it basically "stay home and collect your contract" type thing?

It's odd that we have a 5 million dollar guy who was a big part of our team last playoffs and no word on what happened since last spring. No word on what is currently happening.

What does he do on an average day?

Does he feel fine? headaches?

Reactions: Cosmix

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
For those saying MacArthur is done, I'd like to remind people they said the same things last season.

Why train all offseason if you aren't looking to play? The will is there, when the health catches up, we'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad