OT: Sens Lounge XCX: Posted to the limit, one more time edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
The Kona from what I saw when we were looking around seemed to be my preference.

Remember that the cx3 is just a Mazda2 that sits taller, so in terms of space and legroom a Mazda3 sedan or hatchback will beat it.

I test drove a Kona last year. If the other cute Utes are like that one, they're an easy pass. I test drove a lot of cars on Palladium and it had the roughest ride out of all of them. If can't spend any more money get a compact hatchback instead like a Civic, 3 or Elantra GT. If you can spend more money move up to a CRV, RAV4 or CX5.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Utes are coming to Canada?!

DW91.gif

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Anyone here purchase snow removal for this winter? Curious of your experience, mine has been utter trash.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I know so many people that are just ecstatic for this new “Kingdom Hearts” game.

I really don’t get it.

When C.O.D put a time tracker on the dashboard and I had 31 days of gameplay, I realized you’d be able to quantify that on your average life expectancy. I had fun, but such a waste of time.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Speaking of vidya games, has anyone seen a copy of Resident Evil 2 for ps4 anywhere in the downtown or west Ottawa region in the last 24 hours? They were sold out at every location I went to today in Kanata, which is awesome for Capcom. I read they sold like 3 million copies in the first week. I want to play that game bad. The PC port is apparently flawless but I want the ps4 physical version so my GF can play after me at her place.

Don't waste your time with Anthem btw. Jesus that game is terrible. What an unbelievable waste of the Bioware team while the mass effect series dies in Edmonton.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Thanks for the tip! That would be quite the investment piece to have.
100,000$-150,000$ for that is actually not bad. I was expecting more. Only likely to increase in price. It probably will go well over the 150k mark I would presume.

Reactions: coladin

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Anyone here purchase snow removal for this winter? Curious of your experience, mine has been utter trash.
My wife works as a college teacher and on the days where she teaches an 8am class she absolutely needs to leave our place by 7 to make it for that class. BUT, we have a very sloped driveway and if there are 10 or 20 cm of snow on it, it can be impossible to get her car out of the garage and up to the street.

So our first 5 or 6 years in the house we always hired a snow removal service, just to "make sure" she could get away on time. We were always guaranteed that they would come and have the driveway plowed by 6am, but the reality was it would vary anywhere from 6:30 to 7:00. We tried probably three different companies and this was always the case -- you could never be sure when they would come. And, whenever it would get to about 6:45ish and they hadn't come ... well of course I had to go out and shovel. I wound up shovelling more than half the time that we got snow.

So, I gave up on snow removal companies about 5 or 6 years ago and now just shovel it myself. It's actually kind of nice.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
My wife works as a college teacher and on the days where she teaches an 8am class she absolutely needs to leave our place by 7 to make it for that class. BUT, we have a very sloped driveway and if there are 10 or 20 cm of snow on it, it can be impossible to get her car out of the garage and up to the street.

So our first 5 or 6 years in the house we always hired a snow removal service, just to "make sure" she could get away on time. We were always guaranteed that they would come and have the driveway plowed by 6am, but the reality was it would vary anywhere from 6:30 to 7:00. We tried probably three different companies and this was always the case -- you could never be sure when they would come. And, whenever it would get to about 6:45ish and they hadn't come ... well of course I had to go out and shovel. I wound up shovelling more than half the time that we got snow.

So, I gave up on snow removal companies about 5 or 6 years ago and now just shovel it myself. It's actually kind of nice.
Yeah that's the problem I'm running into. They come but it's late, and they have to be reminded. I usually did shovel before this place, but now my driveway is hell. It's deep and there is nowhere to deposit snow since it is narrow and between two houses. So the only solution is to move whatever accumulation there is to the adjacent side of the street. It sucks. It was a backbreaking hour+ process.

Reactions: coladin

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I can't recall the last time I heard plows on my street at 2 in the morning, like they used to be. I used to hang with my friends, 25 years ago, and at 1am, they were like "ok, gotta go plow". There seems to be less of that. Seems like they all need their beauty sleep and wake up when there is more to plow, which slows them down. I have a snowblower and don't like people like that to control my life, just for what people are saying. On top of the fact at what they now charge, it is a joke that people are getting such terrible service.

My properties are reasonably plowed, but they are out at 3 or 4 am, or else they won't have us paying them for much longer.

New snowblowers are much better , better than ever, and will pay for themselves after 3 years at today's prices. Plus you get freedom .

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I can't recall the last time I heard plows on my street at 2 in the morning, like they used to be. I used to hang with my friends, 25 years ago, and at 1am, they were like "ok, gotta go plow". There seems to be less of that. Seems like they all need their beauty sleep and wake up when there is more to plow, which slows them down. I have a snowblower and don't like people like that to control my life, just for what people are saying. On top of the fact at what they now charge, it is a joke that people are getting such terrible service.

My properties are reasonably plowed, but they are out at 3 or 4 am, or else they won't have us paying them for much longer.

New snowblowers are much better , better than ever, and will pay for themselves after 3 years at today's prices. Plus you get freedom .
Yes, the company I pay for now rarely comes overnight. They'll either come in the afternoon or late evening, so by that time the car has had to plow throw a massive city plow mountain once or twice. Really annoying. Snowblower would be cool but not really practical for the layout of my place since there is no where to blow it.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yes, the company I pay for now rarely comes overnight. They'll either come in the afternoon or late evening, so by that time the car has had to plow throw a massive city plow mountain once or twice. Really annoying. Snowblower would be cool but not really practical for the layout of my place since there is no where to blow it.

Just tell them you'll take your business elsewhere? A co-worker was just talking about how happy he is with the people he does business with but he's in Gatineau. I can get the name if you want.

To be fair, they must be busy as all hell this winter.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
This just looks like such a blatant rip off of Destiny.

Yeah but ... With jet packs!

I really hope that game doesn't bomb, cause it could mean the end of bioware if it does.

The mass effect and dragon age games have been stellar up until andromida. Would be a shame to see ea pull the plug on them.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Yeah but ... With jet packs!

I really hope that game doesn't bomb, cause it could mean the end of bioware if it does.

The mass effect and dragon age games have been stellar up until andromida. Would be a shame to see ea pull the plug on them.
Isn't that just Tribes with better graphics then?

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Just tell them you'll take your business elsewhere? A co-worker was just talking about how happy he is with the people he does business with but he's in Gatineau. I can get the name if you want.

To be fair, they must be busy as all hell this winter.
Yeah I'm well versed in telling companies to f*** off if they deserve it. I don't play around. The thing is that a lot of the companies now have met their quota for the year and are at capacity so you can't go elsewhere. And a lot of these snow removal companies are slimy and it can take a while to get refunds from them. If you look at Google reviews for example for these companies you'll see what I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->