What is more satisfying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I guess the Ontario Liberals aren't going anywhere anytime soon.
Ontario PCs have a superhuman ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

It's actually impressive.

One thing that amazes me about Ontario politics is how poorly the NDP does. Now I am someone who has voted NDP (wouldn't always do it though, it would be circumstance based) so maybe I am a bit bias. And I understand that Rae's government is not looked upon favourably and it is fair enough that people get concerns from that. But the Liberals and PCs have both been as much of a mess for almost ten years. Is any significant member of the Rae government still a significant member of the party? It just seems strange that people are so willing to hold their nose and vote for the PCs and Liberals in their current state, but they won't consider voting NDP because of what happened 25 years ago.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I think with a good candidate NDP could do well here. Seems like most people, and her staff(allegedly) don’t like her.

Reactions: DrEasy
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
A populist white guy that many people think is an idiot won against a corporate-bought white woman that everyone hates.

Hmm, where have I seen this story before?

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
It should be.

All drugs should be legal. or at the very least decriminalized.

Some pretty life-sapping stuff in that "all drugs", like Heroin for example, or Fentanyl. I'm 100% for people not going to jail for taking it, but if a kid, friend or family of mine were to die to one of those I'd drop their corpse on the politician's desk that authorized the legality and sue the government in a minute. And I would not be alone...not by a long shot.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Some pretty life-sapping stuff in that "all drugs", like Heroin for example, or Fentanyl. I'm 100% for people not going to jail for taking it, but if a kid, friend or family of mine were to die to one of those I'd drop their corpse on the politician's desk that authorized the legality and sue the government in a minute. And I would not be alone...not by a long shot.

Alcohol is just as bad or worse than most illegal drugs. Would you sue ththr government if your friend died driving drunk? Or from alcohol poisoning?

And people wouldn't use fentynol if they could get legal heroin. The most dangerous thing about street opiates is the varying strengths of it. Most people don't die from dirty heroin, they die from pure heroin. Taking too lRge a dose for too pure a drug.

Regulate that shit, and the problem lessens. Plus the black market and criminal Enterprise goes away.

There are serious pros to legalization, decriminilzation and regulation.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think it's like everything else as it pertains to alcohol and drugs. As someone who has a family member who has addiction issues I can say alcohol is as bad as hard drugs. Wouldn't wish addiction on anyone.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I'm 100% for people not going to jail for taking it, but if a kid, friend or family of mine were to die to one of those I'd drop their corpse on the politician's desk that authorized the legality and sue the government in a minute. And I would not be alone...not by a long shot.

this law wouldnt be for you guys....
if your family members arent junkies this is nothing you have to worry about.
but its better to teach them and talk about it than to tell them "drugs are bad mmkay" and the point of all that would be to prevent people from overdosing. not just going to jail.. this would save alot of lives.

if a kid overdose he obviously didnt get it from the gouvernment, cuz no one would sell to the kid besides the people that we all want off the streets.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
if a kid overdose he obviously didnt get it from the gouvernment, cuz no one would sell to the kid besides the people that we all want off the streets.
That's funny... I'm pretty sure kids have no issues getting alcohol and cigarettes. Are they getting that from people we all want off the streets too?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
trains are more civalized. Take one of those next time.
Wish I could, zero of those around here :laugh:

I know you were kidding, it's not to bad if a ride and there loads of drinks on the bus. It's more the fact the pants I'm in are uncomfortable now

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
That's funny... I'm pretty sure kids have no issues getting alcohol and cigarettes. Are they getting that from people we all want off the streets too?

Back in my day, getting alcohol wasn't... THAT difficult, but it was still a pain in the arse. Your usual purveyors were:
1) your parent's liquor cabinet (with consequences if they find out)
2) Dial-A-Bottle
3) shady dep's in Hull
4) someone's older brother who "will hook us up, man!"

... but finding pot? Man, pot was the EASIEST thing to find. I could go to HS in the morning, ask one of like a dozen guys I knew who "dealt" (or whatever the HS equivalent of dealing is) for whatever I wanted, and if he didn't have it, he'd go off and network with his other dealer buddies and sure enough, someone would have it. I wouldn't even have to leave school grounds, I'd just walk home after school with whatever I had asked for in the morning.

If I wanted a 6-pack of beer or a micky of vodka, I'd have to go through several hoops, maybe drive across town, probably pay way more than market price, or a delivery fee, etc... but if I wanted weed, I could call literally a dozen people, local, and have enough for a week within 15 minutes of calling. Delivered, if you wanted.

I think that's the argument he's getting at. Kids can get pretty much whatever they want if they're determined enough to get it, but the ease in which some things can be acquired over others certainly leads kids in certain directions.

Reactions: Smash88

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal

its funny that you comparing getting cigaretts and alcohol from a store, then going to a supervised clinic for an addiction.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Not our fault you guys didn't join the country until after WWII, like 6o years after we'd stopped funding rail infrastructures federally.

If you guys wanted some of that sweet train money, y'all should have joined sooner. :laugh:
Yeah, we were 5 minutes behind the starting pistol :laugh:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Not our fault you guys didn't join the country until after WWII, like 6o years after we'd stopped funding rail infrastructures federally.

If you guys wanted some of that sweet train money, y'all should have joined sooner. :laugh:

Bah. Western Canada was part of the country back then and our passenger rail infrastructure is lacking and ridiculously expensive. :P

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I can see changing the laws regarding drugs. Unless someone is a big-time dealer, there's no point in putting a junkie in jail. Why waste the courts time and spots in jail? It should still be illegal, but simply change government/law enforcement reaction to getting caught. Fines, treatment programs, even house arrest, etc, should be the focus.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Spilt a coffee on my legs 15 minutes into a 4 hour drive, **** me :laugh:

I’ve spilled coffee on myself at the office 3 times in the last 2 weeks (after a clean stretch of like 3 years).

The first time I was wearing a white shirt and dumped like half the cup. I had a meeting with a big-shot partner later that afternoon and had to kick things off by saying “as you can see I’ve dumped coffee all over myself”.

That day sucked.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I can see changing the laws regarding drugs. Unless someone is a big-time dealer, there's no point in putting a junkie in jail. Why waste the courts time and spots in jail? It should still be illegal, but simply change government/law enforcement reaction to getting caught. Fines, treatment programs, even house arrest, etc, should be the focus.

Personally I would be satisfied with a policy of tolerance. Growing a few plants yourself - fine. Posessing a small amount - fine. Actually that's technically the way it is here right now except replace "fine" as in "OK" with "fine" as in "pay one". But I can't say I'm a huge fan of the capitalisation of legalisation. You got stores selling candy and cookies with weed in them, tell me that's not going to bring in the kids more. The kids want their pot they should be sneaking around a bit for it. Adults should be able to grow a bit of their own.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Saw a commercial for it and I was actually interested.

Considering I consider Breaking Bad complete garbage (it's all Cranston and he is great, no denying that) that is notable for me: most recent TV shows are formulaic as **** and suffer from unimaginative writing (it's all shock-value and nothing else) but this one actually might get me to give Netflix one more chance.

Speaking of Netflix and "BB", I'd recommend the show newly on Netflix Babylon Berlin, takes place in Berlin in 1929, really well done period mystery drama thing. Most expensive German tv production, one of the co-creators was the director of Run Lola Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->