OT: Sens Lounge XCVII: "Zorf; 21 times!" Edition

What is more satisfying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
oh lets not use this argument please. im not even french, but still kinda insulting.

Didn't mean anything by it. I thought your posts had a bit of a French accent. I am French so I can make these remarks :laugh:. You're too sensitive today man.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
ill send you the dudes if you're really curious. ;)

As a guy heading into his 9th year of marriage, I'll take anything I can get at this point.

PM me.

Haha.

I'm happily married and my wife is awesome. I was just joking.

Reactions: Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Didn't mean anything by it. I thought your posts had a bit of a French accent. I am French so I can make these remarks :laugh:. You're too sensitive today man.

but how does a message come with an accent?
(it does bother me when people use your origins or whatever in an argument)
(hard to tell you were sarcastic)
(use the smiley!!!)
(i am sensitive all the time not just today)

Reactions: branch

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I swear to God every time there is even a hint of a snowfall here the media/city goes to pieces.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
The city, yes. Traffic is hilarious when there is 3cm of snow after not snowing for a week or so. What do you mean by the media?

Was talking about New York/Northeastern US specifically tbh. CNN blathering on about a “Nor’Easter” or whatever.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Was talking about New York/Northeastern US specifically tbh. CNN blathering on about a “Nor’Easter” or whatever.
ohhhh gotcha.

I work in Ottawa but we have an office in Dublin, and it seemed like it was Armageddon over there this past week with the snow they received.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I got a cold call from a scam person saying that they work for CRA and I owe money on my taxes and that legal action will be taken against me and then he left a number and hung up.

I've spent the last 25 minutes calling non-stop. They are so mad at me now. Haha.

I work for the gov't so my number just comes up as GOC on their call ID system, so the guy keeps calling me G.O.C. Haha. He even put on his "supervisor" and when I asked where he works he goes, "Ottawa, Canada." I say, "Hey,, I work in Ottawa too! What street are you on?" *click*

Ha.

The guy got mad at one point and goes, "Geez man, do you need a girlfriend or something?" That sent me on a string where I was asking him to be my girlfriend and that I was sure he'd look really pretty in a dress. Haha.

I've been doing this for 25 minutes and I'm loving every minute of it.

six-one-three - eight-zero-one - three-two-three-two

Call them. Ruin them.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I got a cold call from a scam person saying that they work for CRA and I owe money on my taxes and that legal action will be taken against me and then he left a number and hung up.

I've spent the last 25 minutes calling non-stop. They are so mad at me now. Haha.

I work for the gov't so my number just comes up as GOC on their call ID system, so the guy keeps calling me G.O.C. Haha. He even put on his "supervisor" and when I asked where he works he goes, "Ottawa, Canada." I say, "Hey,, I work in Ottawa too! What street are you on?" *click*

Ha.

The guy got mad at one point and goes, "Geez man, do you need a girlfriend or something?" That sent me on a string where I was asking him to be my girlfriend and that I was sure he'd look really pretty in a dress. Haha.

Call them. Ruin them.

Sad when you think of the seniors that get scammed by these scumbags. My mom got pinched by a guy trying to say that she had a virus and they called from Microsoft. She gave access to her computer, he uploaded something and asked for $400 to "fix it". She is a senior and was freaking out, we can to the Geek guys who fixed it for $200

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012

Ha.

Call them. Ruin them.

I've gotten this call 3 times!! I told them that they could email my CRA account if they needed anything from me. Then they hung up. I honestly give zero info over the phone unless I'm the one specifically calling and I know the number is correct

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I've gotten this call 3 times!! I told them that they could email my CRA account if they needed anything from me. Then they hung up. I honestly give zero info over the phone unless I'm the one specifically calling and I know the number is correct
Good to know this is a scam. I've had two messages in my voicemail claiming to be from the CRA, and because I did have a tax return that was a bit different in 2016 than in previous years, I thought maybe this is legit. I guess I should call CRA myself (not using the numbers left in my voicemail!) and clarify the situation.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Nice to see a travel advisory for Mexico when you have to go, always confidence inspiring...

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Nice to see a travel advisory for Mexico when you have to go, always confidence inspiring...

Just avoid the border towns, inner cities, towns, villages, highways, gas stations, and anywhere that isn't on the property of the hotel you are staying at. Oh, and avoid talking to the locals.

You'll be fine.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Good to know this is a scam. I've had two messages in my voicemail claiming to be from the CRA, and because I did have a tax return that was a bit different in 2016 than in previous years, I thought maybe this is legit. I guess I should call CRA myself (not using the numbers left in my voicemail!) and clarify the situation.
I don't believe CRA will ever call you. They send out letters to inform you that you've been audited, or what not. I imagine that if you log onto your "myaccount" you'd have a message there if there was anything outstanding. I wouldn't even waste your time calling them, just delete any voicemails. It's worth noting CRA themed scams pop up ever year around this time (for obvious reasons). Last year I remember getting texts with miss-spelt links.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
If you're a Harry Potter fan you absolutely must make a trip to Orlando to go to Universal at some point.

Just went last week, and that park is stunning, it felt like walking straight into the movies and wizarding world. The attention to detail was remarkable. The realism of stamped concrete sets is spectacular nowadays. The park must have cost an absolute fortune for the amount of detail they've included.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Altered Carbon is ****ing amazing.

One of the best shows I’ve seen in a while.

Meh, just finished the series earlier today, average imo.

Ortega is insanely annoying and a vapid character as well. Not to mention whoever she is is a terrible actress.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
If you're a Harry Potter fan you absolutely must make a trip to Orlando to go to Universal at some point.

Just went last week, and that park is stunning, it felt like walking straight into the movies and wizarding world. The attention to detail was remarkable. The realism of stamped concrete sets is spectacular nowadays. The park must have cost an absolute fortune for the amount of detail they've included.

I was there like 2 years ago and wasn't that impressed. It's probably the least impressive theme park in Orlando (Disneyworld is better especially). Is it better now, or do we just have different standards?

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I was there like 2 years ago and wasn't that impressed. It's probably the least impressive theme park in Orlando (Disneyworld is better especially). Is it better now, or do we just have different standards?

Was Diagon Alley open yet? Because that's where the magic is, as well as the detail in the castle ride and travelling on the Hogwarts Express between parks.

For perspective we were there for 5 days, 4 spent at the various Disneyworld parks, 1 at Universal. I enjoyed Universal the most exclusively due to Harry Potter world.

edit/ although I did enjoy Animal Kingdom a lot, not because of Avatar whatsoever, but because of the Safari ride (saw elephants, lions, giraffes, rhinos, etc) and the two tiger cubs we got to see.

edit 2/ the architecture at Avatar was admittedly spectacular as well, as I said the realism of stamped concrete nowadays is quite amazing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->