OT: Sens Lounge XCVII: "Zorf; 21 times!" Edition

What is more satisfying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Does anyone ever play hockey simulation games? Wondering if anyone has any that they recommend? Looking for something similar to the OOTP baseball series that I can just run on my laptop.
I'm a big fan of the East Coast Hockey Manager as well, or EHM as its usually called. However, the OOTP Baseball guys actually have a few hockey games out called Franchise Hockey Manager (FHM). I think there's 4 of them currently and they actually have the NHL licenses so you don't need to mod stuff. I started on EHM so I prefer that however the FHM games are good as well.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
It’s a really over-the-top red sauce Italian restaurant (think Goodfellas or The Sopranos) where everything costs way too much and the waiters are basically actors.

The food also happens to be incredible, which helps.
Actually, from a previous article I read, I believe it’s one of EK’s favourite restaurants in Ottawa... at least during the time he was still happy here.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Canada could be much more independent than it is. We have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to natural resources. We need more refining and infrastructure to avoid tyranical leaders.

Yes and no.

We do need to ensure the survival of vital resources and economies. Taking a tough stand to protect our farmers is vital. If we can't protect our farmers, and that precious fertile soil gets turned into asphalt for whatever, then we're one step away from losing our sovereignty as a country. To an extent, it's a good idea to have some oil refinery in Canada (iirc, we do have at least one refinery somewhere in the east coast?) for the same reason. It's important to have internal options for anything vital.

But, we can still send out a fair bit of crude to be refined elsewhere...as long as the price is right. Being able to sell things like oil, food, electricity, etc make us a valuable neighbor, and does give us a bit of negotiating power when it comes to other areas of international relations. It's not like we can win an actual war against 'Merica, so you need a few other levels to have some sort of influence on them.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Some people on twitter outraged that media is saying hosting the World Cup is a big deal. Claiming it isn’t because we’ve done it before but no one mentions it (women’s World Cup ).

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
@BonkTastic I just read in Jakarta Indonesia a python swallowed a woman whole while she was checking on her garden. The villagers cut the snake open and found her entire body still in tact.

So consider yourself lucky!

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
**** cancer. ****ing **** cancer. my uncle is dying and I feel utterly helpess

That's terrible news. I hope for the best for you and your family. Feeling helpless is just the worst, but being there for your uncle and other family members will do wonders.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
If North America has any World Cup tradition it is being pompous and condescending towards soccer.

That's not entirely fair. ...Say in Toronto there is the tradition of the Portuguese and Italians driving around in their SUVs honking their horns all night any time their team wins.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Baby took her first unassisted steps last night!
Was cruising along all the objects in the living room and looking daring by barely putting one hand on things while looking at her next destination...
So when she was cruising along the edge of the playpen, I put myself just out of reach so she had to take a step unsupported to get to me and she did!
Wife was home and saw it happen too.

I tried to repeat it, so maybe we could get video but she decided crawling to me was the easier way to get back to dad

We did later get her to take another step or two on her own going between the two of us, but then she started getting more excited than we were and would just flop over towards the next person rather than stepping :P

Was pretty exciting! And her balance suddenly has improved exponentially too! Like going from maybe 5s to 30s with a couple trips up on her tiptoes!

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
My avatar already fits how I feel about the Sens story on so many levels so I don't believe it needs changing

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
What would you consider to be a completely un-biased news service?
I don't think there's such a thing as completely unbiased news, since even the choice of what to report on is a bias.

The best one can hope for is intellectual honesty on the part of the people reporting, i.e. admitting that they have some biases and what they are. Then you can read the news knowing where the reporter is coming from.

Ideally then, we'd read news from different sides of an argument, and make up our own mind.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Is anyone else getting logged out of hf every time they leave? Firefox and safari keep warning that login isn't secure, firefox, safari, and chrome log me out every time.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Is anyone else getting logged out of hf every time they leave? Firefox and safari keep warning that login isn't secure, firefox, safari, and chrome log me out every time.
Has to do with the security protocol. The login link redirects to the https:// link, so you’re staying logged in there. But if you just access HF from a bookmark or whatever, there’s no redirect. So you appear logged out. Add https:// in front of the URL and you’ll be fine. Hopefully whatever developers the parent company has can take care of this quickly.

Reactions: DrEasy and Smeddy

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Has to do with the security protocol. The login link redirects to the https:// link, so you’re staying logged in there. But if you just access HF from a bookmark or whatever, there’s no redirect. So you appear logged out. Add https:// in front of the URL and you’ll be fine. Hopefully whatever developers the parent company has can take care of this quickly.
Perfect thanks!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Whatever they've done, it's completely crapped out my ability to do anything from work. Oh well, I'll probably be a bit more productive on days some crazy crap happens and far more bored during lunch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad