OT: Sens Lounge XCIX: Thicc Whip Edition

Who would win in a race - my Honda Element or Zorf's minivan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
An old acquaintance of mine used to drive while high on weed. He justified it by saying the weed made him more alert, awake and focused. His stupidity is astounding.

And I have zero issues with the electric lettuce other than the smell. It gives me a headache.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
People are stressed out. They need cigarettes or alcohol or marijuana or anti depressants or anxiety meds etc.
It’s a pretty clear sign we ain’t doing things right. At all.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
View attachment 147339

Honestly I can't stand when people use "the smell" as a detractor to any one thing. It's a scent. It's not going to kill you and it's going to go away eventually. If you're bringing a baby around obviously smoking, then just give them a wide berth. Just because you have a baby shouldn't have to mean I have to modify the way that I'm operating (in general I do, but I vaporize nicotine). It's your baby.

With edibles the onus is on people to be responsible adults and keep it locked away. If they don't then that's their problem. Even if a kid or animal ingests it they're not gonna die, they're going to be rattled big time but they'll be fine. As for people gathering and smoking weed together as a group, you're going to have to get used to it.

FYI I don't smoke marijuana, but if alcohol is legal, weed sure as **** should be. When was the last time you witnessed a baked bar brawl? Never.

All of the scared Gen-X'ers and boomers need to sack up and get over it. This is progression baby.
If not for generation x'ers today would never have came. :D

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
People are stressed out. They need cigarettes or alcohol or marijuana or anti depressants or anxiety meds etc.
It’s a pretty clear sign we ain’t doing things right. At all.

If this is the case, then we haven't been "doing things right" for literally thousands of years.

The history of alcohol and it's integral relationship with humans predates Christianity. Societies who hadn't discovered alcohol generally found a proxy for it within their own cultures.

This is literally the oldest "problem" in civilization.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Personally, not that I smoke anymore, but I'd be much more willing to pay $10/g for pot that I know has gone through federal inspection and is guaranteed to be pure and the strain can be 100% positively identified than $6/g for some dank stale pot that's spent a month in a ziplock bag in some guy's Weed Closet that's possibly laced with god-knows-what from some guy with ties to Hells Angels.
Lol. Like bikers are the only ones who can grow pot. The illegal market has done a fine job and it is still the best way to get pot.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Lol. Like bikers are the only ones who can grow pot. The illegal market has done a fine job and it is still the best way to get pot.

It's not an issue of the ability to grow plants. Anyone can have a garden. The actual horticultural process of growing pot is super easy.

The issue is the method of control that organized crime has had on marijuana distribution in the past, and on the level of unregulated manipulation on the product in circulation.

It's not a small issue. Or at least, it hasn't been a small issue before. This is new ground we're breaking, here. It'll be interesting to see what develops.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
That's fine. Okay, the scent of some things might cause harm, but not the scent of marijuana. C'mon Bonk.

A lot of people are highly sensitive to scents. It's one of the main triggers for migranes in people succeptable to them.

Also: the act of expecting people to simply deal with your nasty smells and byproducts without ever being critical of it if it negatively affects them, and telling them that it's their problem if they don't like it, is thoroughly lacking in basic human empathy.

I mean, urine washes out of clothes, is more sterile than pot smoke, and there are no serious medical effects to exposure to it - by that logic, I should be allowed to pee on your leg.

Reactions: coladin

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
It's not an issue of the ability to grow plants. Anyone can have a garden. The actual horticultural process of growing pot is super easy.

The issue is the method of control that organized crime has had on marijuana distribution in the past, and on the level of unregulated manipulation on the product in circulation.

It's not a small issue. Or at least, it hasn't been a small issue before. This is new ground we're breaking, here. It'll be interesting to see what develops.
Other than the fears the media spins to the unknowing public unregulated manipulation ie. laced shit has never been an issue. Pot sells itself. It is an exact science to grow pot and giving the plant perfect growing conditions means a good harvest. Wasting your time lacing something that is dirt cheap to produce and people want defeats the purpose. Remember, organized crime just doesn't involve Bikers or the mob, it involved anyone who grew pot and sold it. More people grow it themselves than any criminal organization could but everyone gets lumped into the same category because it is illegal.

Reactions: maclean

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
That is until you smoke a gram laced with fentanyl and die.

Synthetic marijuana is not cannabis.
There has never been a reported case where there was a public warning about laced cannabis that has killed anyone. It is about as prevalent as razor blades in apples during Halloween. Not saying it has never happened before but it is not an issue.

Last edited:

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
A lot of people are highly sensitive to scents. It's one of the main triggers for migranes in people succeptable to them.

Also: the act of expecting people to simply deal with your nasty smells and byproducts without ever being critical of it if it negatively affects them, and telling them that it's their problem if they don't like it, is thoroughly lacking in basic human empathy.

I mean, urine washes out of clothes, is more sterile than pot smoke, and there are no serious medical effects to exposure to it - by that logic, I should be allowed to pee on your leg.

Oh give me a break. Just because I don't care if someone is going to bellyache about an unpleasant smell from a plant being burned doesn't mean I lack basic human empathy lmao. This whole thing is a reach. I will agree with you on the headache thing however.

I do enjoy the urine reference. Keep the piss takes coming.

For the record I shower daily, wear deodorant, brush my teeth 3x per day. I'm not some slob going around stinking up various places,

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

What if your neighbor cooks foreign food and stinks up the floor of an apartment building. That negatively effects peoples but they deal with it.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
What if your neighbor cooks foreign food and stinks up the floor of an apartment building. That negatively effects peoples but they deal with it.

Indian food is actually banned at my One friends apartment complex. The cooking apparently stains the walls and the smell and stuff. The area has a high Indian population. I absolutely love Indian food id be constantly hungry there.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Synthetic marijuana is not cannabis.
There has never been a reported case where there was a public warning about laced cannabis that has killed anyone. It is about as prevalent as razor blades in apples during Halloween. Not saying it has never happened before but it is not an issue.

Says the 9/11 truther!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Says the 9/11 truther!
Ba ba black sheep.

sheep-follow.jpg

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Other than the fears the media spins to the unknowing public unregulated manipulation ie. laced **** has never been an issue.

My anecdotal experience when I was a smoker thoroughly suggests otherwise.

More importantly than my anecdotal experience, which is unreliable at best when applied nationally, studies and data on the subject also suggest otherwise.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
My anecdotal experience when I was a smoker thoroughly suggests otherwise.

More importantly than my anecdotal experience, which is unreliable at best when applied nationally, studies and data on the subject also suggest otherwise.
We are talking about pot and not hard street drugs. Hypothetically it can be done it is just not the reality.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Im finding it hilarious seeing those who clearly know nothing about the plant or its uses, origins or really anything about it make authoritative claims or un-funny jokes that I remember hearing like 20 years ago in high school when I first started smoking. I wonder how long the stigma around it will last...im going to guess at least 10-20 years as people fail to realize they consume much harsher substances on a daily basis.

We are talking about pot and not hard street drugs. Hypothetically it can be done it is just not the reality.

In my roughly 20 years of daily experience I have never heard of such a thing as weed being laced personally, usually only issues arise with people with low tolerances or mixing with alcohol and drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad