OT: Sens Lounge XCIX: Thicc Whip Edition

Who would win in a race - my Honda Element or Zorf's minivan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Our first song was "Lost Together" by Blue Rodeo. People laugh at us because we do get lost from time to time.

Our last song was "Long Time Running" by The Tragically Hip. We had been together a long time compared with a lot of our contemporaries when we were married. First got together in high school.

Yes, those song choices date me.

Reactions: 18Hossa

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
God help us.....the wiff of reefers in public is a scary thought with kids everywhere

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Probably means in the sense that kids will be more likely to try it if they see it in public all the time.
Does that means kids are more likely to consume alcohol if they see people drink in public too? Don't think it's that much of a problem to be honest.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
First, congrats on the new baby!

Second, we had a decently large flood a few years back, and you'll need to run the heater and dehumidifier for 4-5 days. Seriously. You need that stuff to be bone dry. Our contractors set up 3 massive heaters and 3 massive dehumidifiers that ran, non-stop, for days on end. It was like jet engines in our house. It was brutal.

The concern for you isn't the carpet, it's the padding and sub-floor underneath. If you can pop off the base boards, you can pull the carpet back to let the padding and sub-floor dry. Or, you can rip out the padding and replace it. It's pretty cheap for a small amount.

Have the baby sleep in your room and have the heater and dehumidifier go to town in the nursery, with the door closed, for those 4-5 days.

Thanks! I actually did exactly this last night.

Took up the carpet and under padding, set up a heater and two industrial blowers.

Everything in there is bone dry now, and as a result the drywall is also drying up.

Tomorrow I’m moving the blowers into the garage along with the dehumidifier, and then I’m cutting a hole in the drywall to see what is going on.

I’m 90% sure they used spray foam for the insulation, but better safe than sorry.

If I can’t get it to dry out, I don’t think it would be hard to take down the drywall and insulation and replace it.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Marijuana kills, man
Who? When? where? why?
giphy.gif

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
1, and they are not.
Ok, so then maybe I was implying that with many pot smokers loitering can lead to problems. Not sure about you, but I have been on streets where the illegal cannabis stores popped up the last few years, and the riff raff that loiter in the area where these stores were propped up were not so safe feeling.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Ok, so then maybe I was implying that with many pot smokers loitering can lead to problems. Not sure about you, but I have been on streets where the illegal cannabis stores popped up the last few years, and the riff raff that loiter in the area where these stores were propped up were not so safe feeling.
You are making it sounds like these are trap houses or crack houses. Unfortunately we all don't live in neighborhoods with white picket fences. Let's be honest though, you weren't walking through those "streets" but driving by, right? Vanier is always going to be Vanier with or without pot stores.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
You are making it sounds like these are trap houses or crack houses. Unfortunately we all don't live in neighborhoods with white picket fences. Let's be honest though, you weren't walking through those "streets" but driving by, right? Vanier is always going to be Vanier with or without pot stores.
Actually, it's was the one on Preston st and there is another one at the corner of Bank and Alta Vista...so not the vanier area. I am walking as I was visiting the restaurants in the Preston area. So, not the cutest crowd hanging around to say the least. Trust me, I am not entirely against this, but I have a feeling this will cause a few new problems. Especially when factoring the introduction of edibles and the infused drinks. It's going to bring some huge growing pains. Commerce wise, it's going to be massive .....no complaints there as I am heavily invested in a number of companies, so part of me is excited and the other side is very concerned what it's going to do to our younger generation.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Actually, it's was the one on Preston st and there is another one at the corner of Bank and Alta Vista...so not the vanier area. I am walking as I was visiting the restaurants in the Preston area. So, not the cutest crowd hanging around to say the least. Trust me, I am not entirely against this, but I have a feeling this will cause a few new problems. Especially when factoring the introduction of edibles and the infused drinks. It's going to bring some huge growing pains. Commerce wise, it's going to be massive .....no complaints there as I am heavily invested in a number of companies, so part of me is excited and the other side is very concerned what it's going to do to our younger generation.
but there is already a great numbers of people who consume cannabis and there are no problems. The only new thing is that you will be smelling more often but it's not like there are going to be crazies running around causing mass hysteria becuse it's legal. With all of these illegal pots shops open only the people who aren't worried about cop and have more time on their hands than the average person are going. Mind you there are a wide variety of people who use those services. Were you ever attacked by one of those shaddy looking people out side a pot shop?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
but there is already a great numbers of people who consume cannabis and there are no problems. The only new thing is that you will be smelling more often but it's not like there are going to be crazies running around causing mass hysteria becuse it's legal.

Yep.

Folks are seriously over-estimating the changes tomorrow will bring. The people using have been using for a long time. It's not like we suddenly going to see millions of new users emerge from the woodlands or something.

Reactions: Engineer and DrEasy

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Yep.

Folks are seriously over-estimating the changes tomorrow will bring. The people using have been using for a long time. It's not like we suddenly going to see millions of new users emerge from the woodlands or something.
I find it funny how this is being done to keep it out of the hands of children when the first time a teenager gets drunk is because they steal booze from thier parents. Kids have always managed to get weed and this new law won't change that. It's only going to have an effect on the black market but won't kill it. With how easy it is to grow I really don't see how a connoisseur is going to rely on the government for their pot. Why would anyone want to tell the government that they smoke, so that they can register it and it be part of a data base that homeland security can access and give you prolems at the boarder?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I find it funny how this is being done to keep it out of the hands of children when the first time a teenager gets drunk is because they steal booze from thier parents. Kids have always managed to get weed and this new law won't change that. It's only going to have an effect on the black market but won't kill it. With how easy it is to grow I really don't see how a connoisseur is going to rely on the government for their pot. Why would anyone want to tell the government that they smoke, so that they can register it and it be part of a data base that homeland security can access and give you prolems at the boarder?

I do think it's good for the average person. I know a lot of folks hate 'big government' involved in things, but having a reliable and safe supply is definitely important. We do know there are shady dealers out there who add all sorts of deadly crap into various street drugs. At least pulling cannabis away from most of the shady dealers is a step in the right direction.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Honestly I'm not looking forward to it because the smell is more obnoxious than cigarettes even. And the people who talk about using it in public seem to be incredibly disrespectful compared to the way society has now trained the majority of cigarette smokers.

Example: with my baby, a single glance at a smoker to indicate I'm walking that way, especially if it's near an entrance to a building and they move to limit secondhand smoke.
Pot smokers? I'm seeing local Facebook posts about them suggesting a big pot smoking party in the park where all the kids play after school.

Same thing with edibles. That's going to be hard to manage for both parents of young children and pet owners.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
1, and they are not.

2 kids here.

I'm ridiculously in favor of cannabis legalization specifically because of the expected crime reduction and de-clawing of organized crime cash flows expected to coincide with legalization. Also: money spent to "fight" such a minor vice like pot smoking is desperately needed elsewhere.

Should have happened 10 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad