OT: Sens Lounge LXXXXI - Lying is bad, mmkay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Eh, whatever the gf wants I'll do, doesn't matter to me one way or the other, but I know it does for her.

I'm standing in 2 the next few months and have to spend a bit of money on suits, pretty rattled :laugh:

That's why I told my groomsmen to just wear their own suits. Just dress it up with the shirt/tie. Especially since one of mine was standing in two himself and a big well-built guy who basically would look like he's wearing a tent if using rentals. And another was showing up only a day or two before the wedding. And the third needed to buy a new suit for work anyway :laugh: Nice thing about suits though, buy it once, wear it 3 or 4 times and its paid for itself compared to a rental. And fits way better.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Amazing interview with 2 amazingly important people of our generation. Wonder what this will look like in 50 or 100 years. If you know of anyone else who speaks with truth, knowledge and clarity like Dr. McDougall please let me know. Thanks
edit: no health wars please. I'm seriously not interested in getting into any arguments. It's just a video I thought was worthy of sharing.

a tldw for those who can't watch?

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
The Lifeline games for mobile are amazing. Can not reccomend enough. You have to pay for them but they're worth it.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
a tldw for those who can't watch?

It's a couple of doctors who have spent their lives looking for truths mostly for the benefit of others and the huge obstacles they have to deal with.
I wasn't trying to push any agendas here like some are suggesting. I found it interesting and thought others might too. That is all. I don't know how to prove that though.
It's about the business of medicine and the ethics involved.
Still tldr? potato.

Last edited:

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
It's a couple of doctors who have spent their lives looking for truths mostly for the benefit of others and the huge obstacles they have to deal with.
I wasn't trying to push any agendas here like some are suggesting. I found it interesting and thought others might too. That is all. I don't know how to prove that though.
It's about the business of medicine and the ethics involved.
Still tldr? potato.

As someone who is in Healthcare I tried to watch. But after 5 min I was bored then realized it was 50 min long... so stopped (I didn't really have 50 min to spend anyways).

The business of medicine is an interesting topic and so much ethical that goes with it. After nursing for 10 years my thoughts on Healthcare have changed drastically.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Weddings have turned into status symbols. It's all a racket. Just get the papers signed, have a little party, and that's it. No need for the rest of the fluff.

Well. I mean. Technically, the whole entire point of weddings was always generally status. Perhaps the difference over the past while is that a lot of people have a lot more money these days, so a lot of stuff that was previously done by a lot of people pitching in work is now done by blowing huge sums of cash on pointless frills.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
As someone who is in Healthcare I tried to watch. But after 5 min I was bored then realized it was 50 min long... so stopped (I didn't really have 50 min to spend anyways).

The business of medicine is an interesting topic and so much ethical that goes with it. After nursing for 10 years my thoughts on Healthcare have changed drastically.

I'm surprised people especially in healthcare don't have less than an hour to learn about 2 of the most important doctors of our time. But there you go. Part of the problem maybe.
My doctor told me last time I saw him I'm one of the healthiest (according to test results) patients he has seen at my age. Doesn't ask me how I'm doing it though. I take zero medications. He doesn't know what I eat. He's not interested.:dunno:

Last edited:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
A sample size of one person isn't going to do anything though. It's not like he can ask you your diet and then go ahead and recommend that diet to everyone.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
A sample size of one person isn't going to do anything though. It's not like he can ask you your diet and then go ahead and recommend that diet to everyone.

No I would just think he'd be interested. As my doctor. How are you going to get a bigger sample size if you don't start somewhere? I'm not even saying it's my diet just that I'd be curious why I have healthier numbers than most. Anyway we have a nice friendly relationship.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
No I would just think he'd be interested. As my doctor. How are you going to get a bigger sample size if you don't start somewhere? I'm not even saying it's my diet just that I'd be curious why I have healthier numbers than most. Anyway we have a nice friendly relationship.

Sounds like another stats vs the eye test.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Reminder: the video is about corruption in the health industry and difficulties in getting people away from surgeries and medications, not veganism(whatever that is).

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I'm surprised people especially in healthcare don't have less than an hour to learn about 2 of the most important doctors of our time. But there you go. Part of the problem maybe.
My doctor told me last time I saw him I'm one of the healthiest (according to test results) patients he has seen at my age. Doesn't ask me how I'm doing it though. I take zero medications. He doesn't know what I eat. He's not interested.:dunno:

I mean maybe I'm younger than you.. but I don't take medications either and have very healthy blood work.

I also think with healthcare there are very different things to be interested in. I personally am not as intrigued by business side. But show me some research about pediatrics or heart related things... I could listen for hours.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Oh, also I am not a big social media person, I have Facebook because Ive had it since it began so it's hard to let go, but man I am a pinterest fiend. I hate to say it, but I love Pinterest.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
I mean maybe I'm younger than you.. but I don't take medications either and have very healthy blood work.

I also think with healthcare there are very different things to be interested in. I personally am not as intrigued by business side. But show me some research about pediatrics or heart related things... I could listen for hours.

Best heart related thing I know of would be dr esselstyn's book, Prevent and reverse heart disease. He was a surgeon at the Cleveland clinic and has been at it a long time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->