OT: Sens Lounge CVI - The O & D Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
xcsm_rom-view_76e3cfaaed.jpg.pagespeed.ic.rdOWkOF_ZM.jpg

Any design consultants out there?

Italian Open..notice the sunken stadia. Roughly 5,000 people. 3-4 rows of standing room, so a further 6 foot wall. Zero air circulation.
How the bleep do they prevent heavy gases from building up?

5,000 people generating 1/100 of a litre of carbon dioxide per breath. We are talking 21,600 L for 6 hours. Or 21.6 cubic meters.
The set up is ~ 50 x 30 x 10 deep. It naturally has 6 cubic meters of CO2.
Now you add 21????

How is it that the players, ball boys/girls and officials are not dead by the end of an afternoon or evening session?

Now add heavy gases. The potential for radon and other radioactive gases....

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Italian Open..notice the sunken stadia. Roughly 5,000 people. 3-4 rows of standing room, so a further 6 foot wall. Zero air circulation.

5,000 people generating 1/100 of a litre of carbon dioxide per breath. We are talking 21,600 L for 6 hours. Or 21.6 cubic meters.
Now you add 21????

How is it that the players, ball boys/girls and officials are not dead by the end of an afternoon or evening session?

There is wind and air pressure that will skim anything from above. By this logic, football stadiums must be a real death trap??

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

Now you add 21????

Only humans breath out C02, lizard people breath out methane.

Reactions: saskriders

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
There is wind and air pressure that will skim anything from above. By this logic, football stadiums must be a real death trap??
Stadiums are open. Air comes in everywhere. And they are above ground. They have a volume that is insane. We are talking 150 m x 100 M x 30 M deep. Their normal CO2 volume is around 180 M^3. That falls and gets dispersed. Then the grass (non synthetic fields), when undergoes photosynthesis, cleans up what is left. Convection currents, Merridonal currents will lift material.

100,000 people in 4 hours will release 43.2 M^3 of CO2.

If undisturbed, you go from 180 to 223. Not good, but only a 25% increase. The open stadium will more than dissipate it.

This though, is perfectly sealed..The bottom 25 cm of the place is probably CO2 rich and full of a few hundred other gases and stuff. Let those ball boys crouch!!!!! OUCH

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I loathed season 2 of For All Mankind. The subplots were so contrived and just there to…I don’t even know.

for what’s it’s worth my top Tv of all time :
Sopranos
The leftovers
The wire
Mad men
Twin peaks
The americans

breaking bad is very good too. You won’t be dissapointed.

the crown can be dry

It was just ok, season 2 of For All Mankind, I find that a lot of the season two shows for Apple have struggled, same with the horro one, which the name escapes ...the Servant... it was alos just ok.
Sopranos...loved it
Leftovers...loved it

Heard a lot of good things about the wire and madmen, but I ended up starting Breaking Bad, two episodes in and I am hooked!

Reactions: DrEasy

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
- Breaking Bad is must watch. Better Call Saul almost as good.

- Leftovers was sometimes... pointless (meaning I wasn't sure what it was trying to convey). The acting and direction were top notch, but almost too good for whatever substance it was supposed to have.

- The Wire was amazing, and I think I'm going to watch it all over again. I see why Season 5 is considered weaker, but it was going to be given how much work it needed to do to put everything together as nicely as it eventually did.

Recent shows I enjoyed (both HBO):

- My Brilliant Friend, @coladin you might enjoy this as it takes place in Naples. Can't wait for the next season, whenever it comes out!

- I Know This Much is True, a great mini-series if you like quirky indie movies. Mark Ruffalo is outstanding.

My Brilliant Friend was incredible, can't wait for the next season. My mom was constantly stunned at the outfits and the scenery as it reminded her of her upbringing.

Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It was just ok, season 2 of For All Mankind, I find that a lot of the season two shows for Apple have struggled, same with the horro one, which the name escapes ...the Servant... it was alos just ok.
Sopranos...loved it
Leftovers...loved it

Heard a lot of good things about the wire and madmen, but I ended up starting Breaking Bad, two episodes in and I am hooked!
Before I had watched for all mankind I kept hearing about how much better season 2 was. Strong disagree I thought season 1 was great.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Keeanu Reeves is such a cool dude.

Writing his 1st comic book, having the main character drawn to your likeness, see sales skyrocket in the first 2 months, and have Netflix pick up and cast you in a live action movie and cartoon series based on it, all in a 2 month span.

Hilarious, nobody but Keeanu could play him if they ever decided to make a movie out of it

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The Boys just gets more intense. Same with Invincible.

Invincible surprised me. Someone whose opinion i trust recommended it so I gave it a shot . . . thought it was just a pedestrian super hero show until the end of that first episode. Was hooked after that point.

Anyone who likes The Boys should definitely check it out.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Invincible surprised me. Someone whose opinion i trust recommended it so I gave it a shot . . . thought it was just a pedestrian super hero show until the end of that first episode. Was hooked after that point.

The finale is gripping. Visually stunning and absolutely brutal to watch.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

It has a similar perspective as the Boys without any of the cynicism.

I think it does a great job exploring the real world consequences of superhero violence. An inhuman level of devastation that has consequences both to society and personally.

I appreciate how it still keeps some of the more fantastical elements of the genre in tow.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Would love to hear everyone’s recommendations for local brewers.

My personal favourites these days are Flora Hall, Nita, Vimy and Tooth and Nail.

Tooth and Nail, Beyond the Pale, Stalwart (Carleton Place), Bicycle, Small Pony, Weatherhead (Perth), Evergreen, and Wood Brothers (Glen Robertson) would be my recommendations on the Ontario side. When the pandemic is over and I'm crossing the river, I'll be checking out Bas-Canada and 5e Baron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->