OT: Sens Lounge CII | End Incorrect Roman Numerals Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The counter-point should also be true. In fact, that's how I was taught. ALWAYS yield the right of way until there's clear eye contact and understanding. If you're not 100% positive, don't go.

I certainly remember being taught when learning to drive that pedestrians always have the right-of-way, even when they don't.
As a pedestrian I am always aware of cars around and am courteous and communicative with all those that notice me.. The other half make me want to start carrying around an air rifle though.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
When I lived in Ottawa, I would bike to work and I'd need to make a left from Innes Rd onto St Laurent, then a left from St Laurent onto Lancaster.

Even at that time, traffic was busy... St Laurent was like 5 lanes wide, so I just stayed in the left lane for the block or so I had to go up since I had a traffic island beside me. Was way safer than trying to get across to the right lane and then back.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I certainly remember being taught when learning to drive that pedestrians always have the right-of-way, even when they don't.
As a pedestrian I am always aware of cars around and am courteous and communicative with all those that notice me.. The other half make me want to start carrying around an air rifle though.

Yeah, same here. Pedestrians always have right of way, but make damned sure that you make eye contact with the driver before crossing.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Yeah, same here. Pedestrians always have right of way, but make damned sure that you make eye contact with the driver before crossing.
Because bicycles move faster there is less reaction time for everyone. The onus should be on them to take more caution. The congestion downtown leaves very little room for error.

Anyways it seems like the 79 year old guy not taking any fault is more worried about keeping his license.

Last edited:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Because bicycles move faster there is less reaction time for everyone. The onus should be on them to take more caution. The congestion downtown leaves very little room for error.

Anyways it seems like the 79 year old guy not taking any fault is more worried about keeping his license.

Yep. But I was also always taught to walk my bike across a road when on sidewalks/road crossings.

Personal pet peeve of mine is cyclists using the pedestrian crossings of roundabouts at full speed... Pedestrians at most of the roundabouts around here are rare to begin with but you definitely don't expect someone to be moving through them at 30km/h.

They really need to be offsetting the crossings so the exit lane has two car lengths before the crossing while the entrance is only one... And put guard rails between with a hard 90 to force cyclists off their bikes if going that route.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Oh! Kinda glad to hear this. With all the hype I keep getting tempted to watch it. But I never even bothered with season 2 after season 1 was for me at best "OK", and mostly only because I really liked the actress who played the girl.
Just finished watching all three seasons with my 16yr old. I thought 3 was the weakest, most outlandish, but it was good because she actually wanted to do something with me, outside of chauffeur!

Kind of mindless stuff, maybe going back to a day of TV when it didn't require wiki notes, silly stuff but the music and surroundings was eerily similar to my childhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->