OT: Sens Lounge CII | End Incorrect Roman Numerals Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I went and picked up a 2015 GTI for one of my wife’s client’s kids (lol) a few months ago.

It was actually a heck of a lot of fun to drive. I actually picked up my first speeding ticket in 12 years in it! Cop laughed at my story and told me he also had a GTI, gave me a vastly reduced ticket, told me to play safe, and sent me on my way.

The kicker was that my wife was following me in the RR (it’s a ‘99, no pomposity here) and also got pulled over right behind me. The cops also had a laugh together when the saw we had the same last name. Needless to say they didn’t ticket her at all for having to follow her dumbass husband.
My son has a '17 Golf, TSi, your run of the mill base Golf. 170bhp, and it drives like a damn Benz. I love the car. In fact, it drives better than the little Benzes, like the CLA .

Reactions: Ice-Tray

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
To save money, I bought a scooter last year. I've been using that + Car2Go on days I needed to get somewhere faster/further/need extra storage. Between insurance, gas, parking, and car2go rentals, I spent less than a grand on transportation last year. That said, I live in Vancouver, not out East. I was able to use it most of the winter.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
13 year old cyclist was killed yesterday after being hit by a car in Orleans.

Kids should bike on sidewalks.

It truly boggles my mind that the city doesn't build wide sidewalks, that can accommodate bikes and pedestrians.

The cyclists and cars share a road thing doesn't work in major cities. Especially on high speed roads.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
It truly boggles my mind that the city doesn't build wide sidewalks, that can accommodate bikes and pedestrians.

The cyclists and cars share a road thing doesn't work in major cities. Especially on high speed roads.
Especially in the suburbs. Most kids do but the ones who have parents who are avid cyclists tend to feel more comfortable on the road. I don't understand who came up with the idea of sharing the road with two vastly different modes of transportation, Eugenicists?

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I can't imagine trying to bike through that turning circle at st joseph and jean d'arc... I have enough trouble in a car with idiots trying to turn left using the outside lane there... Every 2nd or 3rd time i use it somebody seems to do their best to cause an accident.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I can't imagine trying to bike through that turning circle at st joseph and jean d'arc... I have enough trouble in a car with idiots trying to turn left using the outside lane there... Every 2nd or 3rd time i use it somebody seems to do their best to cause an accident.
I avoided driving around it for the first 6 months for that very reason. It seems so simple but many people lack awareness and common sense.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Roads were paved for automobiles. Just because they can accommodate bicycles doesn't mean they should be there. If that's the case then ATV's, skidoos, golf carts etc. should be able to use them too.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
As I explained to the Police Officer conducting Ride Stops gave me shit for biking on the sidewalk...

“You are actively trying to catch people who are drinking and driving, and you want me to share the road with them? If I accidentally run someone over on my bike, they might need to see a doctor, but in all likelihood I will be more injured then they would. If a car accidentally runs me over, I’m dead and they might need to see a mechanic.”

He waive me along and said “fair enough”.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I miss big wheels.

Me too

the-penny-farthing-or-ordinary-bicycle-of-the-1870-s_u-l-q108ae10.jpg

Reactions: coladin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad