Post-Game Talk: Sens lose 6-3 to CGY

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
About the stupid dropback PP attack:When you're as fumbly and flub-prone as the Senators were today, you want to keep it simple. Not that the stupid dropback thing would work anyway. And what was with the ice today? It's like they brought it in from Lake Tahoe.

Reactions: DrEasy

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
About the stupid dropback PP attack:When you're as fumbly and flub-prone as the Senators were today, you want to keep it simple. Not that the stupid dropback thing would work anyway. And what was with the ice today? It's like they brought it in from Lake Tahoe.
They scored 3 goals on the PP but lost 6-3 and that's what you're ragging on?

Reactions: Samsquanch

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
will-1.jpg

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

It's weird because the entries have been rather successful, which is a result of the drop pass. They aren't being stood up at the blueline. The issue has been more puck retrieval when they gain the zone.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
We should research the KHL for more Zub's and say goodbye to Gudbranson, Reilly.

Also Zaitsev and Tierney must be kept exposed for Seattle.

Someone needs to sit with Chabot and get his game back on track. His intensity level is the worst i've seen it.

Reactions: hn777

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
At least they fight until the end. Good to see.
They came flat and Calgary motivated. Maybe DJ should have try to calm down the pace.

Reactions: Bileur

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
Also i'm not sure Murray should be seen as our starter in the future (2-3 years from now) actually he has the level of a really good back up (see allen or Rittich).
Goalie is a big ?

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
That's not my big takeaway from the game, that's for sure. But at what point did taking 30 seconds to pass the puck back, then lose it and start again, then fail again, contribute to any of these goals? They scored one off a straight rush and two off won faceoffs in the attacking zone. All that drop passing does is kill your own man advantage.

Reactions: DrEasy and Bileur

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Matthews is out so what is the panel going to discuss ?

Breaking News

Austin Matthews injury has a new record for the most amazing injury in NHL injury history. No one else has been injured like this since 1967.

Tonight in TSN: review of Auston’s injuries and recoveries.

Tonight on Sportsnet: Ranking of all leafs injuries from 1975 til present day and see how Auston stacks up against past amazing leafs injuries.

Later on EPSN : How many goals would Auston have if he wasn’t playing with an injured wrist? and NHL front office busily checking if the Rocket Richard trophy can be awarded for effort instead of actual goals scored

Last edited:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I missed this one...

Was this L on Murray or was it a team effort...

Team effort. I'm sure there are a couple he would like back, looked like he was leaning towards the pass on the 2nd and 3rd goal but three goals came seconds after DZ turnovers. Careless with the puck. Team was playing a little too loose after a little win streak. It's a learning lesson for the team.

Reactions: Deku and Studzle

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
Oh well. We’re still making strides, scoring more goals, it will come fellas.

Can’t win them all, although I’m sure we wish we could!

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Breaking News

Austin Matthews injury has a new record for the most amazing injury in NHL injury history. No one else has been injured like this before since 1967.

Tonight in TSN: review of Auston’s injuries and recoveries.

Tonight on Sportsnet: Ranking of all leafs injuries from 1975 til present day and see how Auston stacks up against past amazing leafs injuries.

Later on EPSN : How many goals would Auston have if he wasn’t playing with an injured wrist? and NHL front office busily checking if the Rocket Richard trophy can be awarded for effort instead of actual goals scored

Lol when I get my like feature back I will come back and like this.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad