GDT: Sens @ Lightning | Tuesday April 9 | Part 2

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Incredible amount of whining on these boards. Comments are golden after a

People aren't whining. We're legitimately upset at the way things are going. No one wants to be in the playoffs all year and then miss out in the last 2 weeks because the coach can't keep his **** together.

Last edited by a moderator:

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
People aren't whining. We're legitimately upset at the way things are going. No one wants to be in the playoffs all year and then miss out in the last 2 weeks because the coach can't keep his **** together.

DO NOT BLAME THIS ON THE COACH... the players need to get their heads out of their ***** and play. Turris needs to win face-offs or he should get put on the wing.

Last edited by a moderator:

BadMcFadden

Aug 17, 2011
Both Gonchar penalties really sucked but he played a very good game outside of that. You didn't like his penalties (accordingly so) and maybe you are biased so you will generalize the rest of his game. I saw him break up so many TB scoring chances with subtle stick work. Check the game again more closely and you'll see.

I often want to go back and see if my gametime feeling wasn't warranted when I see people disagreeing, but never have that much commitment to actually check.

What I remember was seeing gonchar making passes to literally nobody. Maybe its the other players fault if he's "supposed" to be there but Gonchar is the one who looks ridiculous passing to an empty zone of the ice. Him and Smith both did this last night not to mention other horrid passes like smith dragging 2-3 defenders out to the point and then tapping it to the defensemen.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Tough to win when you cant score more than 2 goals a game and you dont get .950 sv % goaltending...

Mac has been a solid coach for us but our goaltending is what brought us to where we are...

Recently there have been a few headscratchers... Like Kassian/Regin in the lineup over O'Brien... Cant complain about guys looking/being tired when u play a guy 2-3 mins and other guys need to pick up the slack...

I believe that Murray knocked the team chemistry out of whack by waiving Daugavins and trading Bishop... They both seemed to be great team guys who kept everyone loose...

Just my opinion but those were 2 unnecessary moves that came right at the beginning of this downward spiral...

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Turris is ****ing exhausted and depressed. He's not a first line centre yet you clown. He's having to carry a team on his back and he's not ready yet, nor should he be.

Gonchar & Alfie are not supposed to be playing 20+ minutes a night 4 times a week.

The players are sucking, not because they aren't trying, but because they really aren't meant for the positions the coach is putting them into.

Why the **** is Kassian dressed if he's only going go playing 3 minutes? Why is Regin dressed if he's only going to play 6 minutes? Why are Greening and Neil and Benoit on the ice with 25 seconds to go?

THOSE AREN'T THE PLAYERS DECISIONS, THOSE ARE ON THE COACH.

Get off PM nuts and wake up. He makes mistakes just like everyone else in the entire world. That doesn't mean he isn't a good coach, he's just made some very costly mistakes that have put the senators in a precarious position.

Blaming the coach when the sens simply don't have the personnel is idiotic. Everyone is playing over their head because all the sens have left is older players, bottom 6 guys, and rookies. The options are very limited, and there is no insulation. The sens won tons of one goal games earlier in the season, and now they have lost a few in a row. It happens, not great timing, but there is plenty of time to right the ship.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Sergei Gonchar on his penalty: @ian_mendes: "Believe me, it wasn’t that hard. I didn’t try and kill the guy....I hit him in the wrist and he went down like he was killed.â€

Comment shows 0 accountability... His actions showed 0 composure...He got hit hard and clean... Didnt like it and chopped him on the wrist... Absolutely no reason to do it... Same as the Stamkos penalty... It was going to be a 2 on 3 and Gonchar hooks him at a key time in the game...

He must have learned the art of the hissy fit from Alfie...

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Comment shows 0 accountability... His actions showed 0 composure...He got hit hard and clean... Didnt like it and chopped him on the wrist... Absolutely no reason to do it... Same as the Stamkos penalty... It was going to be a 2 on 3 and Gonchar hooks him at a key time in the game...

He must have learned the art of the hissy fit from Alfie...

I think it's more indicative of the team's frustration than of Gonchar not being a team player or holding himself accountable. Gonchar shouldn't have thrown the slash, but it is ridiculous how much diving and embellishment other teams get away with when playing against us, considering O'Rourke apparently called Karlsson a diver last year in his explanation of a non-call.

headup

Apr 7, 2008
I don't think I've had a problem with the reffing all year, been fairly decent with the exception of the no goal call against the Habs early on. But it seems as soon as we're an actual threat to make the playoffs we keep getting the short end of the stick starting from the bruins game a couple of weeks ago where we had 0 power plays yet we could have had 3-4. The panthers games where they hacked and slashed all game then last night the Regin call. I mean ref, it doesn't matter what you think you saw, you obviously didn't see it because it didnt happen so don't call it. These are my crazy conspiracy theories but seriously think about it as a Sens fans, how often we get called for hooking/tripping, especially if they are embellished. It's guaranteed weather we deserve it or not if an opposing players falls with the puck were taking a penalty, now think how many times our players get tripped, hooked, slashed with the puck sometimes in a great scoring position and nothing, no call.
I watch every game and realize that we're going to take penalties, our players aren't perfect by any means and neither are the refs but it seems the standards at which they call discretionary penalties are different sometimes. If it really did balance out I wouldn't complain but the only thing that has stayed constant over the years is the fact were a small market team from Canada and yet we consistently despite the change in players, coaches always take more penalties than we get power plays.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Tough to win when you cant score more than 2 goals a game and you dont get .950 sv % goaltending...

Mac has been a solid coach for us but our goaltending is what brought us to where we are...

Recently there have been a few headscratchers... Like Kassian/Regin in the lineup over O'Brien... Cant complain about guys looking/being tired when u play a guy 2-3 mins and other guys need to pick up the slack...

I believe that Murray knocked the team chemistry out of whack by waiving Daugavins and trading Bishop... They both seemed to be great team guys who kept everyone loose...

Just my opinion but those were 2 unnecessary moves that came right at the beginning of this downward spiral...

So now it's Murray's fault that Daugavins asked to be waived? Boy, one losing streak and it's finger pointing time.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
The Regin call last night was bad...and it put us down 5 on 3 But it was a mistake... Regin brought his hand down an inch from the ice and swept the puck back and the ref made the call... After watching the replay the call was terrible but the ref called what he thinks he saw...

If a ref turns his head for a second and a player gets a high stick in the face and there is blood everywhere... And as he turns back he sees the blood, what should he do?

Also, the whole O'Rourke called Karlsson a diver story I think was taken out of context...

Im sure when MacLean asked for an explanation for why there was no call, O'Rourke said "it was a dive" or "he dove" and then Mac went to the media and says the ref told him EK was a Diver... You cant say that kind of stuff in the media and expect to get the benefit of the doubt on calls from that ref down the road...

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I never heard or read about that... Any link?

No link (there is one) but Daug had his agent go to Murray and said he wanted to play - even if it meant going through waivers and playing in Bingo. Murray obliged and Boston picked him off waivers.

headup

Apr 7, 2008
So now it's Murray's fault that Daugavins asked to be waived? Boy, one losing streak and it's finger pointing time.

I don't think any finger pointing is necessary. We dominated the panthers but couldn't score, we been involved in almost every game this season despite our lack of players. Last night the refs got the better of us but we couldn't score once again on our chances That's what happens when you're missing 2 ppg players and a 35 goal score while you're team is bolstered by a disproportionate amount of rookies on the team. There is going going to consistency issues.

The other thing that could have happened is that we could have sucked from the loss of karlsson and been out of the playoffs a long time ago and we'd just accept the losses as a result of our situation.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
The Regin call last night was bad...and it put us down 5 on 3 But it was a mistake... Regin brought his hand down an inch from the ice and swept the puck back and the ref made the call... After watching the replay the call was terrible but the ref called what he thinks he saw...

If a ref turns his head for a second and a player gets a high stick in the face and there is blood everywhere... And as he turns back he sees the blood, what should he do?

Also, the whole O'Rourke called Karlsson a diver story I think was taken out of context...

Im sure when MacLean asked for an explanation for why there was no call, O'Rourke said "it was a dive" or "he dove" and then Mac went to the media and says the ref told him EK was a Diver... You cant say that kind of stuff in the media and expect to get the benefit of the doubt on calls from that ref down the road...

Here's my problem with this, officiating is not an exact science so mistakes can happen. But if you're going to make a call that creates a 2 min 5 on 3, you better be sure you saw it, not you "think" you saw it. It was a terrible unprofessional decision and by some magical luck he makes these bad judgment calls with the Sens all the time.

Also from my recollection his hand was not even close to the puck.

headup

Apr 7, 2008

It's happened many times where people get high sticked with blood and no call but at least there is evidence. The Regin call was trivial in the first place but it would result in a 5-3 so if you don't see it, don't call it.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
It's happened many times where people get high sticked with blood and no call but at least there is evidence. The Regin call was trivial in the first place but it would result in a 5-3 so if you don't see it, don't call it.

XuH1TZo.png

Especially when you make that call from ACROSS THE ICE. O'Rourke can suck on a lemon.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
Here's my problem with this, officiating is not an exact science so mistakes can happen. But if you're going to make a call that creates a 2 min 5 on 3, you better be sure you saw it, not you "think" you saw it. It was a terrible unprofessional decision and by some magical luck he makes these bad judgment calls with the Sens all the time.

Also from my recollection his hand was not even close to the puck.

I agree 100%.... Its a bad call to put a team down 5 on 3.... Awful awful call but from where he is in the corner he sees Regin's hand graze the ice and the puck goes back and he makes the call... Its not like Regin was standing up. Kicked the puck and ge made that call...

It just sucks they scored on it...

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

He called a penalty that was flat out wrong that resulted in a 5 on 3.Maybe he couldn't see it properly,in that case why call it? And why not call the hit on Zibanejad? Maybe he didn't see it properly?

Maclean seems pretty straight forward and I am sure he knows the difference between saying that the ref thought Karlsson dove on a play and saying the call wasn't made because Karlsson is a diver

If he had changed what the ref said, that is one thing, but that is very unlikely
and pure conjecture on your part.If Maclean had reported it incorrectly then O'Rourke could have spoken up but he never has.

The ref's acting like spoiled children above the law and carrying out their personal agendas is very unprofessional no matter how you cut it or try to excuse them.

And so many seem to say as you have that you cant embarrass refs or you will pay a price and saying that the Refs always call it fairly as they see it

Its one or the other, either they are fair or they have their own agendas and can punish particular teams and coaches, it can't be both.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Again, no problem with Gonchar getting the penalty, but why o why no penalty to Stamkos? It was a clear dive. It really brings down the whole sport IMO. League has to do something about diving and embellishing

I'm really glad that the Sens have too much pride to NOT be part of that crap. I'd rather see them lose than be ******s.

Stamkos dropped a lot for me last night.

I often want to go back and see if my gametime feeling wasn't warranted when I see people disagreeing, but never have that much commitment to actually check.

What I remember was seeing gonchar making passes to literally nobody. Maybe its the other players fault if he's "supposed" to be there but Gonchar is the one who looks ridiculous passing to an empty zone of the ice. Him and Smith both did this last night not to mention other horrid passes like smith dragging 2-3 defenders out to the point and then tapping it to the defensemen.

A few bad passes, like every other player on the ice. The worst Senator in that regard was Daniel Alfredsson. Silfverberg didn't make great passes either last night. Heck, Gryba's passing was better

Indeed. I think some around here bought into the 'We're a Contender' kool-aid.

We could be... only if 100% healthy, like literally no injury... but are we somewhat close to 100% healthy? Nope.

Berserker*

Well Labrie showed that he can replicate his style of play from the AHL at the NHL level. Now if he can do that with more consistency, then I think he can become a Chril Neil type or more likely a Shawn Thornton type of player.

I was hoping that he would have been a throw in with the Bishop for Conacher deal. Maybe the Senators can target him in the off season. He would be a solid addition to the 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad