Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
My mother
A couple of my best buds
My gf

That's about it. Anyone in an executive role is typically mandated to use diplomacy in their day to day actions, and if that diplomacy requires lying and stretching the truth they have no qualms about using those methods.

Do you know for sure that your GF and BBs are not just telling you what you want to hear?
:huh::huh:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Arena issues are among the team's biggest concerns. Hopefully Melnyk realizes this as well and gets the team involved with a new downtown Ottawa arena.

Melnyk realized this about 3 years ago, and entered into the Lebreton Flats redevelopment bidding process, and won the competition, and entered into an agreement in principle, with the NCC just this past January.

LeBreton Flats Redevelopment | National Capital Commission

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Why do you act like RLG and Melnyk are in unison?

No other member of the group is publicly questioning the viability of the project.
No other member of the group is so obviously suffering financially.
RLG will be only too happy to replace Melynk's portion of the bid with far more stable and financially secure partners..

They're acting in unison, so I'm not acting like they are. I know you don't want to believe the media accounts of the negotiation process, now under way, but this is all we can go by for now. I do not subscribe to your unsubstantiated wishes and desires that the process is off the rails ....... as you cannot provide any concrete evidence of this wish list you continually post, regarding the sale of the team, and EM walking away from the real-estate deal of a lifetime.

Eugene Melnyk is the Leader and Principle partner of the RLG, he's not about to replace himself.

In mid April Mark Kristmanson, chief executive of the NCC, said he had a “good lunch” about three weeks ago with NCC chair Marc Seaman, Melynk and Trinity executive chairman John Ruddy.

He went on to say “We’re on track and the project is moving ahead pretty well,”

When Mark Kristmanson was asked by the media about Melnyk’s apparent concerns about the housing market around LeBreton, Kristmanson said "RendezVous can alter their blueprint according to market conditions as an agreement on the master development plan nears. Kristmanson said LRT will be a “great driver” of development in the capital across the entire rail line."

Kristmanson also said in the media interview “We’ll have our ups and downs on this process, but so far, so good, I’m not dismayed.”

Since these comments, about three and one half months ago, Mark Kristmanson and his team have been in negations with the Eugene lead RLG, and these negotiations are expected to continue for the rest of the year, and the final phase of negotiations, which will be with the municipal government, will be in 2019 when the proverbial shovels will be in the ground.

Last edited:

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Please provide quotes from any of Melnyk's partners questioning the viability of the project or the need for the Sens to have a downtown arena.

Please provide quotes from Trinity group questioning the number of condos to be built in the area. (and you might want to check out who is building the biggest condo project)

Unified my ass. They'd love to be rid of this clown.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Please provide quotes from any of Melnyk's partners questioning the viability of the project or the need for the Sens to have a downtown arena.

Please provide quotes from Trinity group questioning the number of condos to be built in the area. (and you might want to check out who is building the biggest condo project)

Unified my ass. They'd love to be rid of this clown.

Please provide quotes from any of Melnyk's partners, who you claim they want to be rid of him.

Eugene Melnyk speaks for the RLG, and Mark Kristmanson speaks for the NCC. So because we've heard nothing for almost 3 months, since the last Media interviews, I suspect everyone involved in the current phase of the negotiations are still under the "no talking to the media" restrictions that have been part of this now almost three year process.

So you can assume that because none of the RLG partners have bailed, they're still on board and Eugene Melnyk still speaks for them as well.

Eugene Melnyk and his RLG partners have good reason to concerned about whether there’ll be a market for the condos the RLG plan includes, as part of the Lebreton Flats redevelopment. As Lebreton Flats is surrounded by a number of other developments and Ottawa’s condo market is only so big. These concerns were highlighted in a Market Study carried out by the RLG.

Reevely: Melnyk's right to be worried about financing LeBreton project with condos

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Well Eugene Melnyk speaks for the RLG, and Mark Kristmanson speaks for the NCC. So because we've heard nothing for almost 3 months, since the last Media interviews, I suspect everyone involved in the current phase of the negotiations are still under the "no talking to the media" restrictions that have been part of this now almost three year process.

So you can assume that because none of the RLG partners have bailed, they're still on board and Eugene Melnyk still speaks for them as well.

Eugene Melnyk and his RLG partners have good reason to concerned about whether there’ll be a market for the condos the RLG plan includes, as part of the Lebreton Flats redevelopment. As Lebreton Flats is surrounded by a number of other developments and Ottawa’s condo market is only so big. These concerns were highlighted in a Market Study carried out by the RLG.

Reevely: Melnyk's right to be worried about financing LeBreton project with condos
Who is building the biggest condo development in the area?

Here's a hint...
Trinity Centre at Bayview Station – Trinity Group

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

You did not read the article I linked did you?

The "other" condo developments are already underway, in fact Zibi is projecting fall occupancy, on the Hull side, I drove by their site on Friday and their first building is pretty much completed.

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1440813

All these other Condo developments will be completed and on the market well ahead of any of the planned Condos in the RLG proposal.

If you don't understand how this might impact future profitability of the RLG condos, then there is no point elaborating anymore.

Do yourself a favour and read the linked article (ABOVE) by David Reevely, from April of this year.

Claridge proposes next phase of LeBreton Flats development | Ottawa Business Journal

Trinity Station - New Ottawa Condo

Zibi Development Ottawa | LeBreton Flats | Kanaal Ottawa Condos

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
You did not read the article I linked did you?

The "other" condo developments are already underway, in fact Zibi is projecting fall occupancy, on the Hull side, I drove by their site on Friday and their first building is pretty much completed.

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1440813

All these other Condo developments will be completed and on the market well ahead of any of the planned Condos in the RLG proposal.

If you don't understand how this might impact future profitability of the RLG condos, then there is no point elaborating anymore.

Do yourself a favour and read the linked article by David Reevely, from April of this year.
You didn't read the article I linked did you.

Fellow RLG member trinity group is building a separate condo development on Albert that happens to be the largest one by far with 1400 units. They will be completed in 2020.

Melnyk is complaining about a flooded market...

United my ass.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You didn't read the article I linked did you.

Fellow RLG member trinity group is building a separate condo development on Albert that happens to be the largest one by far with 1400 units. They will be completed in 2020.

Melnyk is complaining about a flooded market...

United my ass.

Buddy, you're a little late to the game. I linked a similar article, way back on page 28 of this thread, about a Trinity Development, and others at Lebreton.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Buddy, you're a little late to the game. I linked a similar article, way back on page 28 of this thread, about a Trinity Development, and others at Lebreton.
[mod: watch the backhanded flaming, Sensung.]

Melnyk's main partner, Trinity group.

All while your hero is complaining Lebreton might not be viable and that he could keep the team in Kanata because of TOO MANY CONDOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
[mod: watch the backhanded flaming, Sensung.]

Melnyk's main partner, Trinity group.

All while your hero is complaining Lebreton might not be viable and that he could keep the team in Kanata because of TOO MANY CONDOS.

Negotiating tactic with the NCC for a better "Market Value" of the land.

EM knew very well that one of his partners in the RLG was building condos in the area, years ago.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Here's a hint...
Trinity Centre at Bayview Station – Trinity Group

The Trinity Centre is only going to be 1400 units.

Once completed, the Zibi development (walking distance to the new Arena) is slated to be home to some 5,000 residents in addition to 6,000 office workers.

So 5000 is a bit bigger than 1400.

First Zibi restaurants, retail to open in Gatineau by spring 2019 | Ottawa Business Journal

The point is these two, and the other developments will all most likley be completed well before any of the RLG condos come to market.

The good news about this, is that there will 1000's of potential walk up customers for game days, all within walking distance from the Arena.

As much as Eugene is painting a gloomy outlook for the RLGs condos, as a negotiating tactic, he's well aware of the enormous (potential) customer base sitting on his new Arena's doorstep.

This can only be good news for the Senators, and the NHL.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
The Trinity Centre is only going to be 1400 units.

Once completed, the Zibi development (walking distance to the new Arena) is slated to be home to some 5,000 residents in addition to 6,000 office workers.

So 5000 is a bit bigger than 1400.

First Zibi restaurants, retail to open in Gatineau by spring 2019 | Ottawa Business Journal

The point is these two, and the other developments will all most likley be completed well before any of the RLG condos come to market.

The good news about this, is that there will 1000's of potential walk up customers for game days, all within walking distance from the Arena.

As much as Eugene is painting a gloomy outlook for the RLGs condos, as a negotiating tactic, he's well aware of the enormous (potential) customer base sitting on his new Arena's doorstep.

This can only be good news for the Senators, and the NHL.
1400 UNITS not residents.

Zibi 1200 units

Zibi condo project on former Domtar lands launches on Ottawa side

The first phase of Zibi, called “O,” opened this past spring on the Quebec side. Over half its 66 condos have sold, and a second phase of 75 units will launch next spring. In all, some 1,200 condos will be built at Zibi over the next dozen years or so.

Thanks for playing, do try again.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
1400 UNITS not residents.

Zibi 1200 units

Zibi condo project on former Domtar lands launches on Ottawa side

The first phase of Zibi, called “O,” opened this past spring on the Quebec side. Over half its 66 condos have sold, and a second phase of 75 units will launch next spring. In all, some 1,200 condos will be built at Zibi over the next dozen years or so.

Thanks for playing, do try again.

Meh, whatever ....... does not make a difference which development is the bigger, point is a whack of Condos are planned for the site on and around Lebreton Flats, with most of them set up with sales centers ..... except for the RLG condos, to the best of my knowledge, as the deal for the sale is still being negotiated, and probably will not close until the end of the year.

If there's game being played, it's all by yourself, as you're attempting to spin the Trinity Development as a clear sign that there is a fracture in the RLG, which there is not, as all partners are on board, with Eugene Melnyk at the helm, meeting with the NCC to hammer out the final details of this sale.

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
Just can't actually admit you were wrong.

Pathetic

You'll be waiting a long, long time. You'll probably see a Conservative Party that believes in man-made climate change before Count admits he was wrong.

And ugh, just thinking about the possibility of the team staying in Kanata makes me want to vomit. Not just because I think the long-term viability of the franchise would be secured with the move to Lebreton, but between the Lebreton deal and the light rail not going there I'm so looking forward to Kanata getting knocked down a peg. You'll find more humility in Rockliffe than in Kanata.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Just can't actually admit you were wrong.

Pathetic

You really have tunnel vision don't you.

Does it really matter which one of the numerous companies are building the most Condo towers, in and around Lebreton Flats?

You're missing the point.

But it appears you're playing a little game or something ......... what is the score?

Eugene Melnyk is rightfully concerned about the total number of Condo Towers, and the total number of units that are being built, piggybacking on the Lebreton Flats redevelopment plan that the RLG is undertaking.

Now is he throwing this out, as a negotiation tactic, perhaps?

But it in no way proves what you're alleging, in regards to his partners in the RLG.

No amount of wishful thinking, praying or making up rumours and spinning them on your part, is going to provoke Eugene Melnyk into selling the Senators franchise, and bailing on the Lebreton Flats deal he's worked so long and hard at.

There is just to much upside and profit to abandon this project, while he is standing on third base, with no one out, with the bases loaded ........... home-plate is clearly in his sights.

A re-located Senators Franchise, playing in a brand new arena, surrounded by condo towers, sitting between two LRT stations, that services areas both east and west of the downtown core, in addition to the existing O train line servicing the south end........ this is good for the Franchise, and good for the fans of the Ottawa Senators, whether you hate, like, loath, tolerate or can just put up with the owner.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
You'll be waiting a long, long time. You'll probably see a Conservative Party that believes in man-made climate change before Count admits he was wrong.

And ugh, just thinking about the possibility of the team staying in Kanata makes me want to vomit. Not just because I think the long-term viability of the franchise would be secured with the move to Lebreton, but between the Lebreton deal and the light rail not going there I'm so looking forward to Kanata getting knocked down a peg. You'll find more humility in Rockliffe than in Kanata.

LOL, not sure what Kanata did to you, but why the animosity for a whole suburb? How does Kanata differ than Barrhaven or Orleans?

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
There is just to much upside and profit to abandon this project, while he is standing on third base, with no one out, with the bases loaded ........... home-plate is clearly in his sights.

With so much upside to make money off of the Ottawa market...is it fair for the Ottawa market to expect some additional investment in the team in the short-term?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
You really have tunnel vision don't you.

Does it really matter which one of the numerous companies are building the most Condo towers, in and around Lebreton Flats?

Umm, ya. It matters a lot.

How do you think Melynk`s partners feel when he pulls out this line of "negotiating"?

Melnyk to NCC: "We aren't sure the project will work...too many condos being built in the area."

Trinity to Melnyk: "WTF are you doing? We are building the biggest condo development of them all."

NCC to Melnyk: "Well Mr. Melnyk, perhaps you should discuss cancellation or reduction 1,400 units your partner Trinity Group is currently building if you feel like the market is flooding and making this project's viability questionable."

If this is an example of Melnyk's business acumen and negotiating skills, it is no wonder the team is in the state we currently find them.

You're missing the point.
Find a mirror...consult it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->