Speculation: Sens, Lebreton, and the NCC part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
This video is all a giant strategy move - Eug could only afford a 3-4000 seat rink at Lebreton anyways....of course now he'll have to tarp off 500 or more....

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Real talk who the f*** thought that video wouldn't be embarrassing and roasted by everyone

Compete joke. I'll be happy for Karlsson when he's gone. Trash ownership and management thinking that it's just a locker room issue.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
I believe the plan is for season beginning. But, things are quite complicated as you can imagine. There are so many moving parts to this deal. It’s not a cash infusion and sign some papers. There are shareholders, both sides. They need to elect chairman’s, ceo, coo etc. They need to agree on percentage which is still being determined as the family now possibly has some extra players they are bringing in. It’s a complicated deal and will take some time still. We need to be patient and in the end we will be happy as supporters and fans.
So you were full of shit?

Big surprise

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I hope his video is a ploy to get potential investors to up their bid. The video made me feel ill, I can't take him being owner much longer!

I live team and players not the owner, he basically told all the vets kiss your jobs goodbye we are replacing you all and fans wanting me gone kiss my #$$.

Is time for boycott of the team , if he wants to treat this like farm team , he should get farm team attendence. A nice 5k per game should send a strong message that we don't want him here any more.

Any quality vets on this team should all be demanding a trade.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Its also painfully obvious that the only way this franchise will ever have any sustained success is with a new owner, so forgive us for hoping and being a bit gullible.

Agree 100% mon ami. All you have to say to me is "A friend of mine heard the Sens are being sold" and I get giddy.

Reactions: Daffy

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Just because something hasn't happened (new partners) doesn't mean it's made up.

I'd say it's quite obvious something is/was in the works behind the scenes. No need to vilify anyone who offers any insight. Either believe it, or don't, it all comes out in the wash regardless.

I don't listen to it personally, but with regards to a sale/money/partners/ownership, I know less than pretty much everyone, while I'm sure there are people here who have connections and hear things.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Its also painfully obvious that the only way this franchise will ever have any sustained success is with a new owner, so forgive us for hoping and being a bit gullible.

But how long until the new owners are tired to « lose money »? The Ottawa CMA is only 1.25 Million. Out of that population, how many actually care enough about hockey to spend dollars on it? If it is like Montreal, not as much as people would like to think. And out of those spenders, how many are spending towards the Sens and not the Leafs or the Habs? Ottawa is a micro market and with the cap rising, which makes the operation costs rise, I don’t see a future where this market doesn’t have financial problems. Plus, you have a significant portion of the Sens fanbase who wants to boycott the product, many will turn on the team and change allegiances, which lowers the customer base even more.

Will an arena downtown change everything? At least, it will partially solve the problem

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
But how long until the new owners are tired to « lose money »? The Ottawa CMA is only 1.25 Million. Out of that population, how many actually care enough about hockey to spend dollars on it? If it is like Montreal, not as much as people would like to think. And out of those spenders, how many are spending towards the Sens and not the Leafs or the Habs? Ottawa is a micro market and with the cap rising, which makes the operation costs rise, I don’t see a future where this market doesn’t have financial problems. Plus, you have a significant portion of the Sens fanbase who wants to boycott the product, many will turn on the team and change allegiances, which lowers the customer base even more.

Will an arena downtown change everything? At least, it will partially solve the problem
My issues are with EM treating and talking to this fan base like they're idiots. The guy obviously is not much of a hockey mind, and yet he's up there trying to lecture us on what's best for us.

If you can't afford to compete in this league until the next lockout closes some of the loopholes, own it, don't try to veil it as some sort of planned strategy with backhand insults that those players aren't team players.

It will always be an uphill battle here for sure, and I can respect that to a certain degree. Obviously if we are going to be a budget team then we need to spend our money a lot more wisely than we have, and that is Dorion's problem more than Melnyk's, but he is the one who hired him. We need to surround our best players with young players, not send the core ones away because any money you do have is locked up in role players. Obviously bonus money muddies the water, but these are our 3 most important players and it's not even close, yet they're the ones we're forced to lose while we watch a team of overpaid role players and ELC's.

Reactions: Xspyrit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->