Speculation: Sens, Lebreton, and the NCC part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Setting aside all questions of mysens legitimacy for a minute, if we go by the clues he's dropped in past posts I still think this mysterious family of supposed potential Sens buyers is the Desmarais clan. Empire built over time,careful with their money,low key, previously expressed desire to purchase the team...

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
I’ve posted this before and I’ll post it again, NHL teams when the arena and all associated assets are accounted for DO NOT LOSE MONEY. This is such a myth propagated as fact that it’s amazing. If this was the case every billionaire owner woul$ be tossing 10’s of millions away every year, they are far too smart for that. Before anyone talks about how teams lose money you need to read this first, Ottawa is in this situation because neither melnyk nor Bryden before him used their own money to buy the team, hence massive structural debt. Climbing down off my soapbox now....

NHL Lockout: Why do billionaires keep buying teams that lose money? (Updated)

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Setting aside all questions of mysens legitimacy for a minute, if we go by the clues he's dropped in past posts I still think this mysterious family of supposed potential Sens buyers is the Desmarais clan. Empire built over time,careful with their money,low key, previously expressed desire to purchase the team...
It’s not them. And for the record, no one has mentioned their name yet. All great guesses though.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Great observation. I have a load of time on my hands as I am vacationing for a month with my young family in southern Italy. Incredible place. Very relaxing and lots of time to gather my thoughts on anything Sens related and business related. I keep in contact with anything important business/company related that my partner might not be familiar with, but overall I have all the faith in the world in him. Then, I have planned a private tour at the Ferrari factory in Maranello to meet the fellow who built my car. So, since you have probably noticed as you seem to have scrutinized my posts, this is the reason why I have been posting in the wee hours of the night, hence the time difference.

This is a work of art.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
It’s not them. And for the record, no one has mentioned their name yet. All great guesses though.
High tech: Terry Matthews, Michael Potter, Tobias Lutke, Garret Camp, Shane Smith
Construction: Tomlinson, Pomerleau, Alex Shnaider, I’ll add Karson but I don’t know how deep their pockets run

Just a few names outside of the room nes mentioned that could maybe pull this off

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I have no idea how they are in the community, what their reputations are and how they run their current businesses. Just as I don't know (or care) how Melnyk runs his other businesses.

In regards to how they would run the Ottawa Senators though, absolutely, yeah. No one is buying this team (for $400+ million) to run a bare bones operation as Melnyk has done for a few years now. As long as new ownership comes in and invests in the team and doesn't blatantly insult the fan base I think a large majority of Senators fans will be happy.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side, but when you're currently living in a swamp the odds are a heck of a lot better.

Why not? Does it affect the value? Doesn't seem to be , does it? He has been running bare bones and yet the value is increasing.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I’ve posted this before and I’ll post it again, NHL teams when the arena and all associated assets are accounted for DO NOT LOSE MONEY. This is such a myth propagated as fact that it’s amazing. If this was the case every billionaire owner woul$ be tossing 10’s of millions away every year, they are far too smart for that. Before anyone talks about how teams lose money you need to read this first, Ottawa is in this situation because neither melnyk nor Bryden before him used their own money to buy the team, hence massive structural debt. Climbing down off my soapbox now....

NHL Lockout: Why do billionaires keep buying teams that lose money? (Updated)
Doesn't matter how often you post the facts, the Melnyk apologists will continue to claim he loses money because of the market and not the business choices he has made and the creative accounting he employs.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Unfortunately for the Sens' organization the indiscretions Melnyk has "pulled off" have been much, much worse than the OSEG group.

And you know it.

And I guarantee that I'll be the first person to cancel my RedBlack season tickets when:

Star Redblacks players or management start asking or demanding to leave or resign from the organization; when coaches start being publicly humiliated; if in a drunken state one of the OSEG owners ever attempts to break into the Redblacks dressing room after a loss; and, last but certainly not least, when OSEG starts blaming the fans for the failure of their own product.

Those are only just a few examples off the top of my head, there are many, many more.

Hope that makes you feel better.

Pretty lousy examples. Everyone here thinks Melnyk is a meanie and he hurts their precious feelings. Cry me a river pal. OSEG destroyed families, put people out of business , forced people to lay off workers.

All of a sudden, your examples look kind of pathetic. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
This is hilarious, a guy who pretends to be so rich he organizes private tours of Ferrari factories but has nowhere else to be at 4:00am on a vacation but here on HFboards pretneding he's the secret king of the Ottawa Senators - shouldn't you be rubbing shoulders with some Italian count or paying someone to compliment your tan instead of wasting your time on an internet chat board.

I can tell you one thing, you have no idea how to vacation
Nope, they invited me. And for the record, 4am for you is 10am in Italy. There is a six hour difference bud. But please, do tell me how to vacation. I believe you need one with the negativity you surround yourself with. I will take your opinion of a vacation though. I would like my family to try something different. And when I am away, I can give you my two club bell tickets to one game if you would like.

Reactions: FormentonTheFuture

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Nope, they invited me. And for the record, 4am for you is 10am in Italy. There is a six hour difference bud. But please, do tell me how to vacation. I believe you need one with the negativity you surround yourself with. I will take your opinion of a vacation though. I would like my family to try something different. And when I am away, I can give you my two club bell tickets to one game if you would like.

You’re a very cool guy Mysens.

Marnie

Jul 28, 2018
I might appreciate those lol

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Nope. Not even close. Is he local? That was the first clue

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
To recap, because people like Joeyjoejoe cannot read, or do not want to read: new partner coming in, don't know when or how big a piece, not controlling interest, but news is starting to trickle out on who the partner is , or may be. Others are starting to chip in on Reddit and other boards.

They are good people Joeywhatever, you are confusing them with OSEG who people are putting on a pedestal.

Positive news and happenings to come

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
To recap, because people like Joeyjoejoe cannot read, or do not want to read: new partner coming in, don't know when or how big a piece, not controlling interest, but news is starting to trickle out on who the partner is , or may be. Others are starting to chip in on Reddit and other boards.

They are good people Joeywhatever, you are confusing them with OSEG who people are putting on a pedestal.

If it isn't controlling interest, then it is utterly useless.

Reactions: Daffy

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

giphy.gif

What the hell are you talking about.Your confusing me with someone else that your having an argument with dude. The irony on this is you started this post calling someone illiterate while replying to someone who wasn't even having this discussion with you in the first place.

Oh man these Melnyk boys that he is hiring aren't worth the money at all.

Reactions: coladin

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Wow, I can't believe the rose colored glasses some of you have here. You have absolutely no idea what the real world big business works, I can tell you, there is no way I would have any confidence in OSEG coming in as partners, you guys think EM is scum? Boy, you all have alot to learn, and no, it's not OSEG or thr Mierens either coming in. The family is going all in and they will be smart and frugal with the money coming in. So, as far as some disciple from the holy lord coming in and turning things upside down, you will be dissapointed. This is a business transaction and these millionaires and billionaires are in it to NOT lose money.

Thanks for the laugh once more.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Not necessarily. Influx of money can help in many ways..
At this point, the money isn't even the biggest issue, it's Melnyk, if he's not gone, this team will remain a mess as no one will want to play for him. I still don't buy that it's a non-controlling partnership though, what kind of person with that amount of money would give control of it to Melnyk, his track record isn't good.

The only way I see Melnyk as still being a part owner of the Senators is if a group of some sort if formed with a couple different investors (say 3-4) and Melnyk is part of it. I don't see him being the Chairman of the board of that group either. This way Melnyk gets out of the spotlight (I hope he's gotten the message by now) and still gets to be involved in parts of Lebreton depending on what's negotiated.

I'll be honest, as a #MelnykOut'er, I'd be totally fine with that scenario. But if it's just brining in a single minority partner, then what's the point? It's no different than him getting yet another loan.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
jeez instead of roasting the guy why not stay on topic and actually discuss the future of the team and lebreton :help:

There is much wrong with this team not just an ownership change

Are you seriously standing up for the pretend rich guy berating the fan base?

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Great observation. I have a load of time on my hands as I am vacationing for a month with my young family in southern Italy. Incredible place. Very relaxing and lots of time to gather my thoughts on anything Sens related and business related. I keep in contact with anything important business/company related that my partner might not be familiar with, but overall I have all the faith in the world in him. Then, I have planned a private tour at the Ferrari factory in Maranello to meet the fellow who built my car. So, since you have probably noticed as you seem to have scrutinized my posts, this is the reason why I have been posting in the wee hours of the night, hence the time difference.

A post for the ages. Thank you.

(read it out loud as Alec Baldwin playing Donald Trump)

Reactions: Upgrayedd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad