Confirmed with Link: Sens/Leafs to be held Sunday November 9th, 6pm

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
Not a bad timeframe only 2 1/2 weeks. We'll have come off playing the Jets the night before so hopefully we won't be too fatigued.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Still on a Rogers national night too, what are the other games scheduled for the day?

Edit: Busy hockey day

TBL@DET 6pm
EDM@NYR 6pm
SJS@CHI 7pm
VAN@ANA 9pm

Also, Toronto hosts the Rangers the night before so at least we're both on b2b games. Plus Leafs have an away game the Thursday before, so it's 3 in 4 for them.

Last edited:

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Both teams on a back to back

That's acceptable

Would be preferred to recreate the scenario of the game-that-would-have-been - have the Leafs coming off a back to back with the Sens rested - but obviously too many other constraints to be that perfect about it.

I wonder if Rogers/CityTV is going to make that a national Sunday evening game on CityTV leading into the 9pm Canucks game they presently have scheduled - if this game is at 6 rather than 7 to allow the consecutive broadcast of both. Being the Sens' last home game before Remembrance Day, it is likely to be a pretty big deal of national interest.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Would be preferred to recreate the scenario of the game-that-would-have-been - have the Leafs coming off a back to back with the Sens rested - but obviously too many other constraints to be that perfect about it.

I wonder if Rogers/CityTV is going to make that a national Sunday evening game on CityTV leading into the 9pm Canucks game they presently have scheduled - if this game is at 6 rather than 7 to allow the consecutive broadcast of both. Being the Sens' last home game before Remembrance Day, it is likely to be a pretty big deal of national interest.

They likely were already doing that with EDM/NYR, and instead are happy to get a new Toronto game on a Sunday. It's the 'hometown hockey' time slot.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Leafs-Sens rescheduled game...and a proposal

First: Usually I hang out at the Sabres board, but I stand in solidarity with Ottawa over what happened on Wednesday.

So...since the Leafs-Senators game that was postponed has now been rescheduled for November 9th, let me put this proposal out there. With Rememberance Day 2 days after...and with the passing of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo fresh in our minds, maybe the Leafs and Sens could wear special warm-up jerseys, then put them up for auction with the proceeds to go to Cirillo's family-especially Nathan's 4 year old son who will now grow up without a father. (Of course, they'd have to clear this with the NHL.)

Sound like a good idea?

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
First: Usually I hang out at the Sabres board, but I stand in solidarity with Ottawa over what happened on Wednesday.

So...since the Leafs-Senators game that was postponed has now been rescheduled for November 9th, let me put this proposal out there. With Rememberance Day 2 days after...and with the passing of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo fresh in our minds, maybe the Leafs and Sens could wear special warm-up jerseys, then put them up for auction with the proceeds to go to Cirillo's family-especially Nathan's 4 year old son who will now grow up without a father. (Of course, they'd have to clear this with the NHL.)

Sound like a good idea?

I could see something like this happening

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
There's a guy in the Sens office who posts on these boards occasionally.

I assume the Sens probably have something in mind to help out Cpl. Cirillo's family, but if not, hopefully the message is passed along the appropriate channels.

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
An idea like that would have greater impact if adopted and supported by the NHL; if only every team did the same for people like Cirillo's family, the family of the person shot at a school in Marysville Washington today, ... the list goes on. Sadly, the world is full of many victims of injustice.

It is truly emancipating when established successful franchises and businesses or individuals with extreme wealth collaborate to use their financial muscle to create and/or promote well-being for the less fortunate and wealthy and who are surviving terrible tragedy.

... end philanthropic rant...

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
There's a guy in the Sens office who posts on these boards occasionally.

I assume the Sens probably have something in mind to help out Cpl. Cirillo's family, but if not, hopefully the message is passed along the appropriate channels.

And, since Cirillo was a Hamiltonian, it would not surprise me to find out that the AHL's Bulldogs are working on something similar. (Add on: They are; they will be sporting a five-point star-like decal with the letters NC on their helmets for the rest of the season; an image of it is on their Twitter feed. Also, they're planning a pre-game ceremony with the Hamilton Police Service Honour Guard and Canadian Armed Forces-and the moment of silence.)

Last edited:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I already suggested it to both organizations.

@TheQwardian · Oct 22

@Senators @MapleLeafs When the game is rescheduled, both teams should wear the military jerseys in warm ups. (1/2)

@TheQwardian · Oct 22

@Senators @MapleLeafs After auction the jerseys off online and donate the proceeds to the fallen soldiers family. (2/2)

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Is it possible to get a refund if you purchased the tickets but can't go to the Nov 9 date?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad