Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Leafs - HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Ughhhhh Hutch on a Saturday again. I work the off-shift so rarely get to watch a full game during the week, would much prefer to see Freddie here.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Well according to some on here Freddy sucks anyway, so there's that......

*Sigh*

There is a difference between saying the player sucks and that the player is playing like crap at that point in time.

I don't get on here why people pick a stance and never change from it. Freddy is a damn good goalie. But anyone who has watched any of his career here knows when he is slumping such as in October, he is not very good.

That doesn't mean that he can't be good when he is playing like he can.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
*Sigh*

There is a difference between saying the player sucks and that the player is playing like crap at that point in time.

I don't get on here why people pick a stance and never change from it. Freddy is a damn good goalie. But anyone who has watched any of his career here knows when he is slumping such as in October, he is not very good.

That doesn't mean that he can't be good when he is playing like he can.

Sure. But there are some who want him traded. And that he sucks - not just bad games

Reactions: rubous

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Ughhhhh Hutch on a Saturday again. I work the off-shift so rarely get to watch a full game during the week, would much prefer to see Freddie here.

There's no other better time for Hutch to get a non B2B game this month. The Leafs weakest opponent at home on a non B2B are the Devils on March 17th and the Red Wings on April 2nd.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Hutch starting in this non B2B might be one last look at him to see if a trade for a backup is necessary. Hutch was in fine form vs. the Islanders on Jan 4th getting the SO against a good Isles team. If he is up to the task again, perhaps they don't consider a move for a backup goalie to be that critical anymore. If he lets in some softies and costs them some points - Dubas might want to pickup a backup before the TDL.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Hutch starting in this non B2B might be one last look at him to see if a trade for a backup is necessary. Hutch was in fine form vs. the Islanders on Jan 4th getting the SO against a good Isles team. If he is up to the task again, perhaps they don't consider a move for a backup goalie to be that critical anymore. If he lets in some softies and costs them some points - Dubas might want to pickup a backup before the TDL.

It's Ottawa beating them shouldn't make his job safe

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
odd goalie move.

we're not even in the playoffs. not the time to get adventurous on a non back to back.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Ottawa circles these dates - not a night off but I wouldn't mind if Hutch got the start. Leafs are playing well enough to make up the difference

This game should be like the Nashville one - an easy win. Senators play hard all the time though - credit where credit is due. Still, I think we should be able to outscore them if we play to our potential.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If Freddie isn't hurt, the ONLY reason I could see for this move is that Ottawa plays Washington tonight so they will be on a back to back the Leafs will be the fresh team

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015

It would be great if Hutch can just keep building on his last 3 starts (in the Keefe era) where his record is 3-0-0, .945 SV%, 1.67GAA, 1 shutout. This would be one less concern if we know that we have a back-up that we can rely on allowing us to concentrate on playing a better defensive game (not just the defensemen but the forwards also).

Last edited:

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I'm going to this game. I figured Hutchinson would get this game looking at the calendar.

I went to the Leafs/Jersey game last year in November when we blew them out, but Matthews was injured.

Excited to see Matthews and Sandin this time around.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Vonsplat

Apr 30, 2016

Unknown.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->