Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Jets, March 4th 2015 - "Never look a gift Hamburgler in the mouth" Edition.

The EnigmatiC Soul*

Elliott won 8 games of that streak. It just wasn't a sustainable measure of success.

What a loser that Elliot guy turned into too eh. I mean its not like he's an NHL All Star or anything....you're continuing to fail here.

As GSP would say "I am not impressed with your performance"

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
What a loser that Elliot guy turned into too eh. I mean its not like he's an NHL All Star or anything....you're continuing to fail here.

As GSP would say "I am not impressed with your performance"

I was always a big Elliott supporter. Even during his lowest moments, I always maintained he was an NHL goaltender. Because he was not as bad as his worst moments, but also not as good as his best (the streak). He's done well under Ken Hitchcock, and the situation in St. Louis and I'm glad to see it. But without getting into a debate over whether Hitchcock's defensive system artificially boots goalie numbers, I'm going to say in all confidence I truly doubt Elliott would have been able to find the success he has in St Louis had he still remained with the Senators. And I'm saying that as someone who likes the guy.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
I was always a big Elliott supporter. Even during his lowest moments, I always maintained he was an NHL goaltender. Because he was not as bad as his worst moments, but also not as good as his best (the streak). He's done well under Ken Hitchcock, and the situation in St. Louis and I'm glad to see it. But without getting into a debate over whether Hitchcock's defensive system artificially boots goalie numbers, I'm going to say in all confidence I truly doubt Elliott would have been able to find the success he has in St Louis had he still remained with the Senators. And I'm saying that as someone who likes the guy.

Agreed

The EnigmatiC Soul*

Funny people said the same thing about Halak when he was in StL. He would just suck outside of a real defense....

so..just stop, smell the roses around you, and enjoy the ride. It's amazing how much better life is when you can let go of ****...

The EnigmatiC Soul*

So if I buy two lottery tickets instead of one, I can quit my job?

You know what is great about free will....you can quit your job without actually buying those two lottery tickets!

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
There's other reasons why this streak is a good thing: excitement is back, the fans hopefully will show up more during this homestand (we know how GDTs are busier again all of a sudden), and that should mean more $$$ for Melnyk, and hopefully some of those $$$ will be reinvested into the team.

If we manage to make it into the playoffs, that's even more $$$.

Sure, you can improve a team by drafting early, but you can also do it by spending money.

Maybe if the team is better it will make Ottawa more attractive to free agents as well? There's certainly a lot of buzz around this team right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad