Sens Jersey Ranking Polls #1

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
1993-1995 without a doubt with their away being the white 1997-2007 jerseys.

********ing LOVE THOSE JERSEYS. Would do anything to have them back

Although I do love 2014 heritage jerseys too. I would settle for 2014 heritage jerseys as our home

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Ya, in the crest, the original 2D logo says OTTAWA SENATORS in the gold semi-circle. In 97, the words were replaced with laurels.

It's a small difference. I might not have even separated the two if I was making the poll, but they are different nonetheless. I'd expect them to rank closely to each other.

Edit: I voted white with laurels.

Problem is it will split the votes.

I voted the HC jersey. So nice.

I do like the black with the gold stripes...but gold shouldnt be a main colour for the Sens IMO

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I do like the black with the gold stripes...but gold shouldnt be a main colour for the Sens IMO

Gold has always been on the shoulder patches & Crest!

picture.php

senility

May 23, 2005
I really do like the 2D logo. In fact, I wish we'd go back to it and alternate between a 2D logo jersey and a heritage "O" jersey.

This, although I'd like to see both of the heritage ones stay in rotation and would even support a switch to those as the main ones and use the old logo as the third jersey (preferably in both white and black versions if that's allowed). I despise everything with a 3-D logo and everything that uses red as the primary colour rather than as the accent colour.

It's pretty damning that our two main current jerseys have a grand total of two votes between them and the only one with a 3-D logo that has any support is the one with the gold trim, and it sounds like that's in spite of the logo rather than because of it.

Somebody should make a point of sending a link to this poll to Leader, Melnyk and whoever else has input into these decisions and ask them to start listening to the will of the fans already and stop wasting their precious dollars on graphic designers. I say that with the utmost respect to the designer of the heritage ones, of course, who I think hit it out of the park.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
keep the Heritage Jerseys and bring back the original Ottawa One( not the barber pole)

Burn the ones with the the 3D logo and ones that say "Sens". Two of the stupidest jerseys in the league

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
My dream....

The heritage jerseys are our mains. Our 3rd is a barberpole with the old 2D logo.

All 3 jerseys have the new 3D logo as the shoulder patches.

Only problem...Id have to buy like 3 of each. Id be very broke.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I am shocked and appalled that no one has picked the SNES jersey yet. It is a pinnacle of form and style, and should forever be remembered as the best jers....

.... bahahaha... I can't even finish that sentence. Dear god.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I wouldn't distinguish between the word mark/laurels change, since it's so small of a difference.

If you want to get really technical, both the swoosh jersey and the third jersey also had changes in the shadowing on the face. At one point, it was a darker version of the main colour, later on, it was changed to black. It becomes counter-productive to consider them different designs in a poll like this when the jersey designs are ultimately the same.

Not only that, there have been changes to numbers, IE 92-93 they used red numbers which were later changed to white numbers.

I also wouldn't count the early 1900s barber pole jerseys since they had different variations, and they weren't technically part of this franchise.

Best jersey of all time is the 92-93 black with red numbers. The heritage black is a close second. Worst jersey of all time is the red swoosh. Maybe it was cool in 2000, but I'm looking at it with 2014 eyes, and it just doesn't do it for me. It's even worse than the "Sens" third jersey.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
My dream....

The heritage jerseys are our mains. Our 3rd is a barberpole with the old 2D logo.

All 3 jerseys have the new 3D logo as the shoulder patches.

Only problem...Id have to buy like 3 of each. Id be very broke.

I personally don't see that looking very good but that's just using my mental imagery.

I think the barberpole works well when using just red/black/white for our scheme, but if you threw that logo (with gold) on the black/red barberpole, it would not contrast well.

Just my $0.02.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I personally don't see that looking very good but that's just using my mental imagery.

I think the barberpole works well when using just red/black/white for our scheme, but if you threw that logo (with gold) on the black/red barberpole, it would not contrast well.

Just my $0.02.

The striping isn't the same as the heritage in this concept, but the newer version of the TD logo could work with the heritage pattern since it's more circular. The problem with the older logo is the shape doesn't really lend itself well to the heritage striping.

tlaJOAX.png

Although, if they were using either the old or new 2D logo for the third jersey, I'd prefer they use something similar to the classic black and red jersey. I like it better when the third jersey is different than the main set (which would be the Heritage set in this case).

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Uuuugh!

Uuugh, there's that stupid non-used Crest that keeps popping up. :rant:

Can we please ban this design from the Forum please!!!!!!!!!!!! :sarcasm:

Last edited:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The SNES jersey?

I've always thought the same thing... the "base" for the jersey is actually very nice, but nothing looks good with that stupid logo on it.

Agreed completely. Slap a big 'O' on the front of that and its a nice sweater.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Agreed completely. Slap a big 'O' on the front of that and its a nice sweater.

Some guy on Kijiji has had a "custom" Senators jersey using that jersey pattern with the old Senators logo. I don't think it looks very good.

$_20.JPG

The "Sens" jersey has kind of grown on me as not being absolutely terrible. I think a lot of the hate that jersey gets is that there are easily a dozen better looking ideas for third jerseys.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Some guy on Kijiji has had a "custom" Senators jersey using that jersey pattern with the old Senators logo. I don't think it looks very good.

$_20.JPG

The "Sens" jersey has kind of grown on me as not being absolutely terrible. I think a lot of the hate that jersey gets is that there are easily a dozen better looking ideas for third jerseys.

yeah that is a little loud. I slapped this together in paint, crummy job from my limited graphical skills, but i think it gets the idea across. Might not be quite so bad with one of the stylized O's of sorts.

2ZEnREF.jpg

I never hated the snes part of it anyway, it was different. A neat alternate they wore a handful of times

M4TR1X

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Aside from the text layout of "SNES", the insides of the arms bug me as well on that jersey.
I'd just continue the stripes from right on through the outside in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad