Rumor: Sens interested in DeKeyser?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m

Some think top contenders for DeKeyser are DET, STL, ANA and EDM but multiple teams have high interest. PHI and OTT will be pushing hard too

I know nothing of this kid.
Where would he rank in our D prospects depth?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m

Some think top contenders for DeKeyser are DET, STL, ANA and EDM but multiple teams have high interest. PHI and OTT will be pushing hard too

I know nothing of this kid.
Where would he rank in our D prospects depth?

If we sign him, he will be in the NHL. I'm not saying he is or isn't good enough, but whoever signs him will be promising games this season.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Of course we are interested, he's the #1 college FA.

I'm not expecting anything. Detroit looks like the obvious front runner and it would surprise me if he went anywhere else.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
DeKeyser's stat line for those interested:

Dekeyser.jpg

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
It's probably safe to say that every team is interested in DeKeyser. But I suppose it's always interesting when we're rumored to be interested in college FA's, given our track record and successes.

We've got to be one of the more enticing destinations for college FA's with options, but with Detroit being the frontrunner and him being from Michigan I doubt he goes anywhere else.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Anyone have a scouting report on the guy?

And who is the college free agent winger who is supposed to have that great shot? I thought that was Dekeyser.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
I wonder what Murray says when he's pitching to college UFA's. He must be a magician with his words because he's signed some pretty good college FA's. This year and last we have a number of solid D prospects but some how almost landed Schultz and now Dekeyser.

ACLEVERNAME

No content.
Jan 6, 2010
Oof...
From an earlier tweet

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 4h
Some club execs plan on making personal pitches to DeKeyser/advisors in TOR on Tues/Wed. It's believed one NHL head coach will show as well.

I really hope that's BMurr bringing Mac over to talk with the kid 1 on 1. We all know how our players took to MacLean the second he came in, obviously he's a very likeable guy and fun to play for.

Not to mention, Mac's offensive system produces a lot of points which is huge for a guy with a 2 year ELC (with first year burned). He's got a chance to play on the 3rd highest (i think) scoring defense in the NHL which will still eventually be adding Norris winner Erik Karlsson. He's got a chance to make very good money very quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad