Post-Game Talk: SENS in Winterpeg, Sunday 7:00pm on SportsNet

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
So you can see it, but the entire Coaching staff can't.

Okay:thumbu:
Its obvious you and the coach see Ceci the same way wich is ok to me

Only problem is were losing

Losing A LOT

And Ceci so far is not part of the solution far from it

Hes costing us games with mistakes

Hes not the only one we know it but

Maybe its time the coach makes a change so maybe we get a different result

Worth a try cuz the last 10 games ...:help:

Reactions: Chezzz

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
So Cody Ceci is the worst D man on the Senators, but he could get a top 6 forward in a trade ................ that makes sense :doh:
He had value across the league. Not sure about now though.

You can push the narrative that he's a top 4 defender because he plays those minutes but he never was. Much better suited for bottom pairing duties. Since he's been thrusted as a second pairing defenceman he's going to want the dollars that accompany it which I hope management doesn't cave into.

At this point I like many others don't trust management with handling anything related to player management.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Taking Ceci out of the group and trading him for a top 6 forward does.
So trading a top 4 Dman that hasn't met expectations for help up front in the top 6 in going to fix our issue with our backend?

I have no issues with anyone who thinks our backend isn't doing a good enough job, but I really don't get how trading away Ceci for help up front fixes that issue. It just puts more pressure on guys like Phaneuf, Karlsson, Claesson, and Oduya who have been struggling on their own. I guess you could hope that Chabot steps up and saves the day, but that can happen without moving Ceci while his value is at it's lowest.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
So trading a top 4 Dman that hasn't met expectations for help up front in the top 6 in going to fix our issue with our backend?

I have no issues with anyone who thinks our backend isn't doing a good enough job, but I really don't get how trading away Ceci for help up front fixes that issue. It just puts more pressure on guys like Phaneuf, Karlsson, Claesson, and Oduya who have been struggling on their own. I guess you could hope that Chabot steps up and saves the day, but that can happen without moving Ceci while his value is at it's lowest.

Addition by subtraction. Slowly take away Boucher's pets. That's how it helps

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Best case scenario is Ceci being slotted in the role he is actually suited to play in. He is very, very clearly in over his head in the role he has been thrust into due to our awful backend.

Then the question of paying Ceci comes into play.

Ideally, Ceci is your number 5. For us, we will continue to struggle when he is unfairly relied on in the role he is currently given.

I have nothing against Ceci as an NHL player. Would love him in Wideman's role. I'd expect 25-30 points. The role he is in now, he is not capable of playing at a profitable level.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So you can see it, but the entire Coaching staff can't.

Okay:thumbu:
Lmao you know. People on this board have disagreed with coaching and management before and turned out to be right. Nature of the sport.

How many people defended cowen because "management came out and said they liked him! You saying you know cowen better than the pro who evaluate him?! Look! The coach is playing him. So you see he's bad but the coaching staff doesn't? OK".

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So fill up the Press box, with 6 NHLers, and bring up some AHLers for the rest of the season ................... BTW, just how would they be able to bring up Brown???????
I think white can bring what dumont and burrows can bring. And that's not me bragging about whites talent.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
You know who dumont reminds me of. Curtis lazar.

I still can't believe that Boucher has not had him as a player in 10 years, yet he was able to walk in here and play an important role on the PK and take a regular shift with the PK with pretty much no practice time. Seems very un-Boucher like.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Put me in the worried camp now.

I think the team is massively underachieving though: our roster is pretty solid on paper.

We always seem to jump the gun after a season where we do well: the Ryan trade and now Duchene.

I still think they were good trades but now Ryan is perpetually injured and Duchene just doesn't seem to fit at all.

Something to be said about the timing of the Turris trade too. It has to have funked up the dressing room a good deal.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I really like the way the Jets have been built, they are a big, tough gritty team with lots of speed & skill. Their only weakness IMO might be in net although Hellebuyck played well against Ottawa. Scheifle would look good would Stone & Hoffman right about now.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
And getting Wheeler for free.... Man would it be nice for us to score one of those College break out players that refuse to sign with their drafted teams.

Just think if Boston had still had him all these years.... Could still Have Seguin as well....

Just think about that when you're feeling bad about what the Sens have given up....

Poor Boston fans, they did get a cup with our Chara though..... Friggin Muckler....

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
And getting Wheeler for free.... Man would it be nice for us to score one of those College break out players that refuse to sign with their drafted teams.

Just think if Boston had still had him all these years.... Could still Have Seguin as well....

Just think about that when you're feeling bad about what the Sens have given up....

Poor Boston fans, they did get a cup with our Chara though..... Friggin Muckler....

I really hope they fix that loophole in the next CBA. Make drafted college UFA be RFA instead. Or make them only become UFA a year after losing their college eligibility. Anything to discourage this crap. It totally undermines the teams that drafted them.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The coaching staff that also thinks that Johnny Oduya is a better player than Thomas Chabot? The same coaching staff that draws up plays on the PP for Bobby Ryan one-timers when his fingers are broken? The same coaching staff that continues to believe that our PP is acceptable?

FYI, I think you may be one of the few people still left on the Ceci bandwagon here.

I think I may be one of the few fans here, that thinks the Coaching staff know more about their players, and how to use them, than a bunch of arm chair quarterbacks who think they know better.

By the way, how do you know the coaching staff that draws up plays on the PP for Bobby Ryan one-timers? Do you have a copy of their playbook? Or is it because you saw Booby Ryan take a one timer, once, on a PP and just drew that conclusion?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Look Count, I know you aren't going to agree regardless.

It will literally take the Sens going win-less over the next 5 months for you to say anything detrimental about the Sens.

This is the same coach who wouldn't dress Chabot, ****ed his lines into oblivion by changing them 24-7, has the best 3rd line center this team has had in a decade play wing to make room for Nate Thompson. The use of Ceci isn't the only baffling moves he makes.

Ceci has no toolbox, whatsoever. He is 2 seconds behind every play.

So then why do you think the Coaching staff put so much faith in him, by playing him on the PK way more than any other D man on the team, and almost always plays vs the opponents top players, while at even strength, and he's only a minus 2? Can you explain that?
Or do you just like to complain?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I think I may be one of the few fans here, that thinks the Coaching staff know more about their players, and how to use them, than a bunch of arm chair quarterbacks who think they know better.

By the way, how do you know the coaching staff that draws up plays on the PP for Bobby Ryan one-timers? Do you have a copy of their playbook? Or is it because you saw Booby Ryan take a one timer, once, on a PP and just drew that conclusion?
How dare you?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
He had value across the league. Not sure about now though.

You can push the narrative that he's a top 4 defender because he plays those minutes but he never was. Much better suited for bottom pairing duties. Since he's been thrusted as a second pairing defenceman he's going to want the dollars that accompany it which I hope management doesn't cave into.

At this point I like many others don't trust management with handling anything related to player management.

Did you trust them in the third round of the playoffs this past spring?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I think white can bring what dumont and burrows can bring. And that's not me bragging about whites talent.

So I think we can agree, that both Burrows and Dumont are bottom six, perhaps bottom 3 forwards.

So you're suggesting that Ottawa used their first round pick, and selected, in White, a bottom six forward?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad