Post-Game Talk: SENS in Winterpeg, Sunday 7:00pm on SportsNet

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Maybe they don't need or want to be woken up?
Pierre McGuire this morning was saying there is no issue with team speed, that everything is fine.
The media aren't even talking about poor roster decisions or management, they are scared to death of not getting their scoop from Pierre from Orleans.
If the media don't act as a conduit between fans and management/players, and instead choose to carry water, then I can surmise there is a feeling of satisfaction from the top down.
Has P.R. Dorion expressed any disapproval with the mess he has created, or is he just pumping tires these days?

TSN1200 at its finest :)

Simmer seems to be openly critical of the organization on Twitter. He is quite toned down on the air though. Ken Warren has slowly started to become openly critical of the time.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
No it hasn't been implied. To blame the struggles of the entire team on one player is silly.

Like I said before. He's always gonna generate discussion. Which is why I don't get when people are like "why is ceci even being talked about!!!!!!!" Well because every one can agree oduya isn't playing well. Convo done. Phaneuf has his weaknesses everyone kinda comes to an agreement fairly quickly. Done. Karlsson our best player not playing well right now. Done. But then ceci you have just opposite opinions going at it. Which is cool and fun.

Agree to disagree I guess, it is being implied all over the place on here, on twitter and on the radio...it's a daily thing, perhaps we are seeing different things. I haven't seen many proclaiming that Ceci is playing great this year because he hasn't....what I have seen is a ton of Ottawa fans picking him out as the seeming only problem, and more so who don't really fallow closely simply piling on for the fun of it...as is tradition for this market....blame all the problems on one player relentlessly until said player leaves then pick a new target.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The boys are pretty much telling it like it is without being too negative which is good. I really like what Andy says. They have to come together and they are not there right now.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Not in the scenario you were inquiring about.

You asked who would replace Ceci on the PK as though it was a huge hole, he gave the answer.

Cody Ceci, by far, plays the most minutes on the PK, because the Coach puts out the D men that he knows gives the team the best chance to kill penalties.

So for this season, Ceci has played over 71 minutes, while the Sens are short handed, 20 minutes more than the next D man on the team.

Cody Ceci is also only a minus 2, while playing even strength this season.

Cody Ceci is not the problem with the defense on this team.
Only Karlsson plays more minutes, on average per game than Cody Ceci ......... and Cody Ceci plays more minutes against the opponents top offensive line(s) game in and game out, way more than any other D man on the team.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Cody Ceci, by far, plays the most minutes on the PK, because the Coach puts out the D men that he knows gives the team the best chance to kill penalties.

So for this season, Ceci has played over 71 minutes, while the Sens are short handed, 20 minutes more than the next D man on the team.

Cody Ceci is also only a minus 2, while playing even strength this season.

Cody Ceci is not the problem with the defense on this team.
Only Karlsson plays more minutes, on average per game than Cody Ceci ......... and Cody Ceci plays more minutes against the opponents top offensive line(s) game in and game out, way more than any other D man on the team.

There really needs to be a time in the Ceci debate where we stop talking about his TOI. TOI is a decision a coach makes, not a way to evaluate how a player performs when he is on the ice. I don't care about Ceci's minutes on the PK, its how terrible he looks attempting to kill those penalties. He fails the eye test miserably.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I'm sorry but do you really think that's such a big deal? His pk minutes. Our pk stinks. You think it's worse If some mere mortal takes over the pk minutes of the great ceci?

Is ceci that great of a pk guy that no one else's can do that job.

Cody Ceci plays the most minutes, by far, on the PK, than any other D man on the team. The Coach would not be putting him on the ice, while the Senators are short handed, if he thought there was a better option. He's played 20 minutes more than the next D man on the team, so far this season, on the PK.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
No, he would be gone.

So you would get rid of the best defensive D man on the team? Cody Ceci plays more than any other D man on the team, while short handed. I wonder if the Coach is more knowledgeable about who should play on the PK, than a random fan, who does not know that Ceci is only a minus 2 at even strength, and has played more than 20 minutes more (this season) on the PK than any other D man on the team.

I think the Coach knows Cody Ceci's strengths, and that's why he plays the bulk of his minutes vs that other team's top offensive players.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So you would get rid of the best defensive D man on the team? Cody Ceci plays more than any other D man on the team, while short handed. I wonder if the Coach is more knowledgeable about who should play on the PK, than a random fan, who does not know that Ceci is only a minus 2 at even strength, and has played more than 20 minutes more (this season) on the PK than any other D man on the team.

I think the Coach knows Cody Ceci's strengths, and that's why he plays the bulk of his minutes vs that other team's top offensive players.
At this point, after all the boneheaded things he has done so far this year, I do question what Boucher is thinking.

And if you are trying to use the fact that Ceci is the guy leading the charge for the 5th worst PK team in the league, go right ahead :laugh:

Yes, Ceci does get the toughest minutes. Fact.

Ceci does a terrible job at those minutes. Fact.

He would be fantastic in the role he is suited for, which is 3rd pairing IMO.

Reactions: Chezzz

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Anyone other than him.

Who?

Who has played close to the number of minutes on the PK than Cody Ceci?
I'll let you know, it's Dion, who has played more than 20 minutes less than Ceci on the PK so far this season.

The Coach puts Ceci on the ice to kill penalties, because that's his strength, and his role on this team. He's only a minus 2 even handed to boot.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
There really needs to be a time in the Ceci debate where we stop talking about his TOI. TOI is a decision a coach makes, not a way to evaluate how a player performs when he is on the ice. I don't care about Ceci's minutes on the PK, its how terrible he looks attempting to kill those penalties. He fails the eye test miserably.

So you can see it, but the entire Coaching staff can't.

Okay:thumbu:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
At this point, after all the boneheaded things he has done so far this year, I do question what Boucher is thinking.

And if you are trying to use the fact that Ceci is the guy leading the charge for the 5th worst PK team in the league, go right ahead :laugh:

Yes, Ceci does get the toughest minutes. Fact.

Ceci does a terrible job at those minutes. Fact.

He would be fantastic in the role he is suited for, which is 3rd pairing IMO.

So you're saying the entire coaching staff is missing all this (what you're claiming) and even though he's the best option, for the fifth worst PK in the NHL, they should use someone else, like who?

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
It was just frustrating. The win on Friday looked like it was one of those triumphant ones that you look back at later in the season to pinpoint the end of a losing streak and when the ball got rolling.

To come out like that yesterday was just sickening.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Taking Ceci out of the group and trading him for a top 6 forward does.

So Cody Ceci is the worst D man on the Senators, but he could get a top 6 forward in a trade ................ that makes sense :doh:

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
So you can see it, but the entire Coaching staff can't.

Okay:thumbu:

The coaching staff that also thinks that Johnny Oduya is a better player than Thomas Chabot? The same coaching staff that draws up plays on the PP for Bobby Ryan one-timers when his fingers are broken? The same coaching staff that continues to believe that our PP is acceptable?

FYI, I think you may be one of the few people still left on the Ceci bandwagon here.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So you're saying the entire coaching staff is missing all this (what you're claiming) and even though he's the best option, for the fifth worst PK in the NHL, they should use someone else, like who?
Look Count, I know you aren't going to agree regardless.

It will literally take the Sens going win-less over the next 5 months for you to say anything detrimental about the Sens.

This is the same coach who wouldn't dress Chabot, f***ed his lines into oblivion by changing them 24-7, has the best 3rd line center this team has had in a decade play wing to make room for Nate Thompson. The use of Ceci isn't the only baffling moves he makes.

Ceci has no toolbox, whatsoever. He is 2 seconds behind every play.

Reactions: DrEasy and Chezzz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->