Pre-Game Talk: SENS in the Pitts, tonight 7:30 pm on TSN

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Is it really that crazy of a notion Anderson could bounce back? 36 isn’t even that bad for a goalie, especially One who didn’t become a starter until later in his career.
He'll be 37 next year. Only 8 goalies have played 40 games or more at age 37 in the history of the league. Khabibulin and Nabokov were awful when they did it as was Kolzig. Roloson was up and down after reaching 37. That leaves Hasek, Brodeur, Luongo and Thomas. Not sure Anderson belongs in that last group, so our best hope (assuming history repeats) is that he can be up and down like Roloson.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I miss Neil, McGratan and Carkner. Yeah, I know they lacked some hockey skill but they made other teams pay for their assaults on our better skilled players. Remember the bush league actions of Boyle, White and Kane. Oh, the good ol’ days!

Our current team does not frighten anyone.

Reactions: Beville

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I miss Neil, McGratan and Carkner. Yeah, I know they lacked some hockey skill but they made other teams pay for their assaults on our better skilled players. Remember the bush league actions of Boyle, White and Kane. Oh, the good ol’ days!

Our current team does not frighten anyone.

We could use some scum, yes. Burrows was supposed to be that but he's too old and far gone. Someone like a Havlat would be great, slew-footing or slashing or spearing or kicking occasionally. Really miss prime Mach 9.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
We could use some scum, yes. Burrows was supposed to be that but he's too old and far gone. Someone like a Havlat would be great, slew-footing or slashing or spearing or kicking occasionally. Really miss prime Mach 9.

No, we don't want or need cheap shots. We want actual toughness, let's get a Havlat and let him do his skill thing, and let's get a prime Neil to do his punish things.

Man, we have no one on the team willing to step up. It would be nice to have a few guys on the bottom lines who have the skill to play, and the grit to punish. Anyone like that in the draft?

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Is it really that crazy of a notion Anderson could bounce back? 36 isn’t even that bad for a goalie, especially One who didn’t become a starter until later in his career.

I remember years back Belfour looked done in Dallas and then went to Toronto for a couple years and crushed it.

Can’t think of many others though who rebounded post 35

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
He'll be 37 next year. Only 8 goalies have played 40 games or more at age 37 in the history of the league. Khabibulin and Nabokov were awful when they did it as was Kolzig. Roloson was up and down after reaching 37. That leaves Hasek, Brodeur, Luongo and Thomas. Not sure Anderson belongs in that last group, so our best hope (assuming history repeats) is that he can be up and down like Roloson.

I think Andy will be better next year, but he will still have his struggles. Probably a below average season.

Hopefully Condon bounces back and can help out a bit. If Andy is below average, Condon will probably get some more playing time.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Man i cant wait until Sid and Geno are old men making too much money .......Pittburgh deserves to be a crappy team for decades

Reactions: Beville

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Minus our two best skaters, we go in to Pittsburgh, outshot them by a fair margin...and lose 4-0. You cannot win getting .826 goaltending - no way, no how.
I suppose, but you also can't win scoring zero goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad