Pre-Game Talk: SENS in the Pitt, Fri 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Agree with you on Chabot, but he is due for a MASSIVE raise after next season and he could be looking at something between 5 to 8 mill as well. If Melnyk is still in the picture, Chabot's getting traded.

I don’t think Chabot will be traded but I do predict that his contract negotiation will be very difficult for Pierre Dorion with Melnyk breathing over his shoulder. If Chabot agent plays hardball I think we’re looking at another Nylander situation.

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
fcw24zgxptd21.jpg
Ok fine. I will watch tonight to see Nilssons helmet

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Yup cause offer sheets are a thing that happens all the time.

A number of the pundits, on SportsNet and TSN are predicting that Marner will be "offer sheeted" this coming summer.

His agent has told the Leaf they'll not talk contract during the season, and why not wait and see if any offer sheets are submitted, as the Leafs will almost certainly match.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
A number of the pundits, on SportsNet and TSN are predicting that Marner will be "offer sheeted" this coming summer.

His agent has told the Leaf they'll not talk contract during the season, and why not wait and see if any offer sheets are submitted, as the Leafs will almost certainly match.

I bet Dubas is eagerly awaiting an offer sheet.

If it's between $8-10 million, he'll happily match and doesn't have to spend time on negotiations.

If someone offers over $10 million, he can take his 4 first round picks and take the money saved to go after Stone, Panarin or Skinner. I'd bet any of those guys would be happy to play with a core of Matthews, Tavares, Rielly and Nylander.

He can then take the 8 1st rounds he'd have between 2020-2023 and surround that core with good, young talent for the next 8 years, or he can trade for more established stars.

Win-win.

Reactions: Caesar Rex

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto

If it's between $8-10 million, he'll happily match and doesn't have to spend time on negotiations.

If someone offers over $10 million, he can take his 4 first round picks and take the money saved to go after Stone, Panarin or Skinner. I'd bet any of those guys would be happy to play with a core of Matthews, Tavares, Rielly and Nylander.

He can then take the 8 1st rounds he'd have between 2020-2023 and surround that core with good, young talent for the next 8 years, or he can trade for more established stars.

Win-win.

And this is exactly why offer sheets almost never happen.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa

Win-win.

Marner is good, but remember last year he spent a lot of time on the 4th line during a cold streak. He might just be performing well because of the contract. Look how the performance of Nylander fell off a cliff now that he signed. I would take Stone over Marner if they were the same age.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
And this is exactly why offer sheets almost never happen.

Well since Melnyk is so cheap, you wouldn't have to offer much. Most owners and GMs are afraid to offer sheet as the team may take revenge by offer sheeting one of their players in the future. Melnyk would be too cheap to offer sheet a player on another team, so no worries.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
How is it possible Dylan DeMeleo is a +15? Serious question, I don't watch the Senators.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
How is it possible Dylan DeMeleo is a +15? Serious question, I don't watch the Senators.

When you watch the Senators, you don't really notice DeMelo anyways, which isn't really a bad thing. But yeah that +15...I don't know if anyone can explain that.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
When you watch the Senators, you don't really notice DeMelo anyways, which isn't really a bad thing. But yeah that +15...I don't know if anyone can explain that.
Playing mainly with Chabot helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad