Pre-Game Talk: SENS in the Meth lab! (Dallas, tonight 8:30 pm on TSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Yeah I'm calling it....vintage Karlsson is back. Stevie Y the genius should've stepped up his offer when he had the chance.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
I would have also accepted a breakaway goal by Stone, Hoff, Duche or Chabot. Any other player scoring would have been a piss off after an otherwise good tank night around the league.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
By now, if we trade him, it's because he's priced himself out here.

No, if the team had truly wanted to keep EK around, he'd stay around. He's done nothing on his own to force the team to trade him. Melnyk has burned his bridges and now he just wants to save some dough. I'll never forgive him for this.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Last edited:
Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
No, if the team had truly wanted to keep EK around, he'd stay around. He's done nothing on his own to force the team to trade him. Melnyk has burned his bridges and now he just wants to save some dough. I'll never forgive him for this.

He is still here and now there is no reason to trade him until we make him a contract offer.

Karlsson will refuse and make a counter offer.

At that point management will know if signing him is a possibility.

Until then, we wait and see. I am weary but the odds of him staying actually went up after the deadline.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He is still here and now there is no reason to trade him until we make him a contract offer.

Karlsson will refuse and make a counter offer.

At that point management will know if signing him is a possibility.

Until then, we wait and see. I am weary but the odds of him staying actually went up after the deadline.

Exactly. I don't see why people see another reality to this. Dorion said he will make EK an offer. My guess is it will be around 10 M$ per year. If EK wants McDavid's money (he won't be worth it anymore IMO), then yes EK is going to be traded. It just depends if EK is greedy or not. ~10.5 M$ per year is already a lot of money lol.

I love EK but I'd rather go another route than pay him over 12 M$ per season.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Fun game to watch....surviving the trade dealing really made a difference in the locker room.

The Turris trade probably pissed off a bunch of players. I think it's quite clear the players feel management isn't very forthcoming: I had heard talk that Brassard claimed in a radio interview he was told he wouldn't be traded for example. True or not, if he did say that on the radio and Turris calling out ownership on the radio earlier this season, clearly points at a complete disconnect that had the players irritated.

Junior GM mistake. Just like with rookies on the ice, you have to live with the mistakes to get to greatness.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I'm not willing to chalk it up to junior GM mistakes.

Dorion has been one of the most destructive GMs we've ever had

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Exactly. I don't see why people see another reality to this. Dorion said he will make EK an offer. My guess is it will be around 10 M$ per year. If EK wants McDavid's money (he won't be worth it anymore IMO), then yes EK is going to be traded. It just depends if EK is greedy or not. ~10.5 M$ per year is already a lot of money lol.

I love EK but I'd rather go another route than pay him over 12 M$ per season.

And when he's winning Norris after Norris on a cup contender for years while making $12 million I hope you'll remember how you didn't want him at that price.

Reactions: Benjamin

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Erik is just upping his trade value if he is to be traded.. If not better than great! He means so much to this team it will be dark days if they move him. This will be a cash decision on one end and a buy in or opt out decision on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad