Pre-Game Talk: SENS in the Meth lab! (Dallas, tonight 8:30 pm on TSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
According to Xspyrit, 10.5mil is Karlssons worth but 12mil is not. Thats a 1.5mil difference. Burrows eats that up.

Burrows makes that money for one more year (or two?).

Really, his salary is not going to be an issue. He sucks but he is not going to be the reason we lose Karlsson if we do.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Which is bull****, if the Pens can ice the team they have at the contract cap %'s they ran with for years and win the cups they have....there really is no reason why we shouldn't be able to carry one 10-12 million dollar contract.
They just need to actually manage the contracts that are signed!

Before wining in 2016 people had the Penguins as a major disappointment. They didn't do much between 2009 and 2016, a lot of big time playoff disasters even.

In no small part due to the huge contracts they gave Crosby and Malkin.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Consider that Dorion has full control over Karlsson being here on July 1st I believe his choice of words is rather important.

I don't share your optimism on Dorion getting a quality return should he choose to move EK.

Karlsson is returning to form and the only question should be his willingness to sign, not the number on the contract.

The fact that EK has said publicly that he wants to remain as an Ottawa Senator and that he is coming back to form is positive. It actually helps his value and Dorion would have to get a great return if he is forced to trade him (not his decision in the end)

If EK is traded, it will most likely be because Melnyk doesn’t want to commit big money and term to him and if Dorion fails on the return, then it would be on him

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
When do some people never complain? People will complain about me saying people complain
I can't speak for anyone else but it bothers me that you are complaining about the complainers. My complaint though is that if I complained about your complaining I myself would be labelled a complainer. It's just circular hf logic which is the biggest complaint with this board

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Ryan is a top-6 forward on o non playoff team.

On a playoff team, he is a third liner with a 7.5 million salary.
shhhh.....don't tell anyone but last year he was the best forward on a team in the ECF.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yup.

Weird how quickly people forget.
Weird, isn't it? Like forgetting the other 62 games he played in the regular season.

Mark Stone was pretty useless in those playoff series and it doesn't matter one bit now and going forward. Everyone needs to let go of last spring. It was a fun ride for everyone but it was a fluke and expecting guys like Anderson and Ryan to get back to that kind of form is futile.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Weird, isn't it? Like forgetting the other 62 games he played in the regular season.

Mark Stone was pretty useless in those playoff series and it doesn't matter one bit now and going forward. Everyone needs to let go of last spring. It was a fun ride for everyone but it was a fluke and expecting guys like Anderson and Ryan to get back to that kind of form is futile.

This is what we were responding to
On a playoff team, he is a third liner with a 7.5 million salary

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
This is what we were responding to
On a playoff team, he is a third liner with a 7.5 million salary
I don't think that's far off. He's not really the kind of guy I'd want in my bottom 6 though. Not like I'd want him killing penalties or drawing top competition.

Ideally he's also not a guy you have in the top 6 either. But that's where he's gotta play here due to the lack of talent and his salary. So it is what it is.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I can't speak for anyone else but it bothers me that you are complaining about the complainers. My complaint though is that if I complained about your complaining I myself would be labelled a complainer. It's just circular hf logic which is the biggest complaint with this board

Was I complaining? Got all bothered on on this circular thingy for nut'n

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
lol there's a ton of crazy opinions on this board, but I can't have this one? You make it sound like it was really ridiculous

Yes it's my opinion. I take EK at 10.5, but not at 12.0.

Maybe if Ottawa was able to spend to the cap, bury contracts, buy out players, retain salary consistently, take money back in trades, invest more in coaching, management, scouting, etc. I would think differently, but it hasn't been the case for a decade.
Its fine to have that opinion. It makes sense. Every little bit adds up. If every player on a 20 man roster made just 200k less, we'd have 4mil in cap space right there. Thats enough for a quality player. But for whatever reason, every time we get a garbage contract that everyone some coming, theres a minority that defend these contracts to death by saying there just a small contract, who cares, doesn't hurt us.

Reactions: DrEasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->